Motoring Named driver

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Not finding any info online about this. Can I as the named driver take my name off an insurance policy or does the policy holder have to do that?

My ex is currently benefitting from a her policy being cheaper because I'm on it. Yeah I don't know how that works either. Since she's being a massive bitch and I don't have the use of the damn car anyway I don't want her to benefit from it.

Call me childish if you want but she deserves it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Can ring the insurance company and tell them you split from your partner and you no longer have access to the car. I am sure they will follow it up as it essentially invalidates her policy I guess

soze

I am a FH squatter
Call them and tell them she never had your permission to name you as a driver. If the policy is cheaper because you are on it they will act to make money. Plus it could be insurance fraud. Her price is based around the car being share with a "safer" driver and if all the miles are hers that is what she should pay for.

Rubber Bullets

FH is my second home
Insurance companies are well known for using any reason they can to avoid paying out for a claim, so I have little doubt they would use this. If she does something that invalidates her insurance them she is effectively driving without, and that is an expensive offense, quite a lot of points and a big premium on subsequent premiums. She might be saving as few quid at the moment, but the risk is big.

As Moriath says, give them a ring. Or try and engineer her having an accident and sit back and laugh.

RB

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Cut her brake cables, that will learn her.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
With all due respect I would never let myself be the named driver of a car I wasn't driving.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Tell her you don't like her shoes

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
You're being childish.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Not finding any info online about this. Can I as the named driver take my name off an insurance policy or does the policy holder have to do that?

My ex is currently benefitting from a her policy being cheaper because I'm on it. Yeah I don't know how that works either. Since she's being a massive bitch and I don't have the use of the damn car anyway I don't want her to benefit from it.

Well, being a massive bitch cancels out any claims of childishness tbh.

I gave her an apartment-contract, but that wasn't enough apparently. :)

Last edited:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Don't be a cunt. Ask her politely to have you removed and to send proof, let her know if she doesn't that you will be phoning the company to inform them that you are no longer able to use the car and wish to be removed.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Also let your insurer know... it may be affecting your premium being on another policy.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Bah no fun in not being a cunt. Specially if she is a behatch

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It's not the way to get your own back tbh, think up something else. That said, write to the insurance company and ask them to remove you from the policy as you have separated and no longer have access to the vehicle. If you don't who knows what she might try if the vehicle gets damaged and she starts to think you deserve it.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Tell her that her favorite shoes make her arse look fat.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
With all due respect I would never let myself be the named driver of a car I wasn't driving.
That's probably because you don't have to pay retarded amounts of insurance ;)

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The police and courts are not interested in the small print of insurance..if you have document covering you for the type of vehicle and journey they will not prosecute for no insurance even if the insurers dont pay out..bearing in mind insurers are legally bound to pay out third parties even if you lie through your teeth and dont even have a license.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Well I've got to ask her to do it anyway, the insurance company won't discuss anything with anyone but the policy holder. Much as a hate to admit it I agree with Ch3tan's idea. Will have to do that.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Be the better person.

Thundercunts are killed by politeness.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Just get on with your life. Who cares what she does, she's your ex, isn't she?

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I would agree but things like this need sorting out, especially if she is a bitch and it has the potential to come back and bite him financially. Don't be a cunt about it but sort it out asap.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
I would agree but things like this need sorting out, especially if she is a bitch and it has the potential to come back and bite him financially. Don't be a cunt about it but sort it out asap.

If he must, I'd send a letter by recorded delivery to the insurance company, stating the facts and that he no longer has any interest in the car. What they do with that information is their business. They're certainly not allowed to discuss her policy with him, but I see no reason why they can't then contact the policyholder to clarify the situation. Any misrepresentation she might make would be on her head, not his.

But really, who gives a shit if she's saving money. If it's the price of ensuring that she fucks off for good then I'd say it's a bargain.

soze

I am a FH squatter
But really, who gives a shit if she's saving money. If it's the price of ensuring that she fucks off for good then I'd say it's a bargain.
What if she has one of the polices where an accident affects the no claims of all named drivers. That is enough of a reason to get yourself off the policy.

soze

I am a FH squatter
If you have no claims on your own car but are a named driver on another car some insurance companies wipe your no claims if some one else crashes the car you are named on. None of the big ones but some of the cheap ones do.

And also at Direct Line named drivers earn no claims discount which can be turned into a no claims bonus when you take out your own policy at direct line.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom