Named and shamed...Martok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
OK, after much thought about wether or not I should make this post I have decided what the hell.

First of all many of you know me as either Volwrath, Hierophant or Tsabo from Albion Prydwen. I started playing camelot about a year and a half ago after seeing some people in a LAN centre playing it, one of these people being Martok BlackCloud, a lvl 50 Merc from The Last Watch. Oh how little did I know that from this day forth I would have a constant vein throbbing in my forehead with the greif I have had from this person.

Martok also has a cleric named Greif and an inf named Orical.

Alot of you will know him, he has been around alot. But basically I am posting here today to list a few things I would like to name and shame him for...

1. He has an awful habit of 'slipping' his finger on his computers reset button when in an RvR group and bored. I have even seen him do this when on Guild Raids with TLW. I'm not saying that I haven't done this before, but when someone does it on such a regular basis, and even to his own guild, is a bit shocking.

2. He has on many times made promises he will not keep. For instance I lent him 2 Plat so he could pay for the last piece of his MP armour for his SC. I lent this to him in the understanding he was able to give it back to me in a weeks time when he had had time to get some Diamond farming done. Oh how wrong I was to do this. It wasn't till atleast 3 months later that I saw my money. Please bare in mind that at the time I was on my first char about a lvl 45 Necro and he was a lvl 50 Merc and had been for a while making getting into farming groups easier for him.

3. He has 'roleplayed' his inf Orical. This doesn't sound too bad now does it. But when you take into consideration he has roleplayed it a girl, to chat up certain people in camelot. I'm not saying names incase they dont want to be known. He has done this 'claiming' his sister was playing the character. This is misleading the other people ingame, and abusing their trust, and tbh, pretty disgusting.

4. He can't play his char, or should I say, he couldn't. He used to just press any random attacks even at 50 before a certain RL friend of mine showwed him how to back up styles. Martok claimed he 'did more damage' hitting random buttons. And is wasnt till about 2 months ago that I showed martok that when you stun people or mobs you can go to the side of the target and get you side style off to do more effective damage. He only ever used his Parry style and his anytime style.

5. A RL friend of ours plays PvP as his main server. He has a 50 necro on there and plays it really well, and done well to get his status and position in the game without any help from others. Often we all as a group in a LAN centre go hunting on PvP for mobs/people and we all have a good time. This necro pretty much PLs the lower levels that join in. Martok has on many times join in wiht his now level 44 Shammy named Littlefooty. He first started grouping when he was lvl 33. This necro doesnt expect anything in return, but atleast expects the people he helps to be friendly and perhaps even help him out when he is stuck. This necro logged onto Alb Pryd with his lvl 35 Fire wizard, and procceded to PM Martok for some help/advice. Martok pretty much just threw it back in his face purely because there was nothing this RL friend of ours could offer him on this server. This is disgusting behavior from someone in game, let alone someone you know in RL.

6. About 5 months ago I got interested in SWG but did not have an account myself. I borrowed Martoks acc which had the equivelent of a lvl 5 on Camelot on it. He didn't really get into it too much. In return I lent him my Cleric account so he could respec my cleric to a full buffbot and he would respec my cleric back when I wanted to use him again.
This went well for about 2 months. I was a Master Dancer and was close to matering a few other skills. And had got a good rep in the area I had played and accumilated a decent amount of money. I was probably about a lvl 45 char, about the same amount of effort. He had respeced my cleric and used my cleric on alot of hunts and used him pretty much everyday.
Then I came back to cam as my RL m8s left SWG. I wanted to play my cleric, but didnt have much choice as Martok refused to give me the respec stones for 2 months. Even though I could see he had had plenty of money the whole time and sold around 3 respec stones aswell.

This all leads to present day. I had always said to Martok I would buy the SWG acc off him if he didnt want anymore or I would buy a new acc and lvl his char up again as it wud be easier and alot kwiker to lvl his char than mine. APPARENTLY, he sold his acc to another friend of his he told me on Tuesday. I was like WTF! I said I would buy it etc. I tried logging onto the account anyway because this 'friend' of his was in greece till thursday, and he would talk to this friend then about getting the account back as he had not made any new chars on it etc. I said hello to a few friends and had to log. So I came back into the LAN centre yesterday(Wednesday) and tried to log in again... WRONG PASSWORD ...so I ask Martok and he says his friend must of changed the password. Now I found this very confusing that his friend had changed the password after not changing the password for owning it for a month or something, and only the day after Martok knew I had been on acc to say hi to friends.
I questioned Martok a few times, and eventually he told the truth, he had changed the password, and tbh I very much doubt he sold the acc either.
I asked him if I could have my Credits etc on my new char I've no been forced to make on a new acc. And still he refuses when he knows I'm the one that worked for it and no one else.

This has been the spark to this thread. There are many people that can back me up on this, they will post if they wish to.If you have read all this, I thank you for your time and patience.

At the end of the day, I refuse to group with trade or interact with Martok in any way what so ever anymore.

He is a compulsive liar, that is always out for number one. He will not help anyone(In mine and my rl m8s experience) unless he is guaranteed something out of it in returned. He is selfish, and gives little thought to other people.

He is like this in real life, and if you try to make your point out to him, he will sit there and repeat his arguement over and over without listening to you making him seem like an 8 year old being told Santa isn't real.

Some of you may flame me for this name and shame. I for one am glad I have made this post and anyone else that has had dealings with Martok will probably have the same views. If anyone else would like to give their views on this person can be my guest or share with us any mis-fortunes you have had with him.

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
One lesson from all this, dont do deals with people unless you know and really do trust them.
Dont lend account, dont sell accounts until you're got the hard cash first

If you been burnt by someone, dont keep going back to them.

Lotheric

Fledgling Freddie
I have played with Martok a few times and he seems to be a nice guy to me, although I don't know him very well. But taking irl stuff on to a public message board is in my opinion not a very good idea. And what about the "Martok can't play his char, I had to show him"-thingy? What does that have to do with his behaviour?

And flaming him for roleplaying a women kinda made me laugh irl.

I don't see any reason whatsover to post a thread like this here. I think you should be the person in shame instead of Martok.

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Sorry, I don't know if I have explained myself all that well. It is not all Reallife stuff here, alot of it is ingame aswell. About his attitude to the game and other people. He is always thinking about what he is going to gain, never just about helping others out. I know there are many other people that know him with the same views as I have.

This is more a warning to others that may have any dealings with him. Just letting them know what kind of a person he is. He has pushed alot of people around, and claimed to be right about everything he says and on his opinions. He has no time for others, no thought for others. I suppose this incident that has happened with the lending of the SWG and DaoC acc has just pushed me that inch too far. But as I said, I know for a fact there are many other people out there that have had these bad experiences with him, wether they back me up on this is their choice.

At the end of the day I'm doing this thread as a warning to others, and has no reflection on myself. I have done my best to keep the things I have said civil and non-offensive, more informative.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I thought Martok was your best friend/brother ^^

You guys used to sit next to each other because whenever i used to flame you in PM's to martok you used to PM me abuse :)

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
i'd like to name and shame all the people that are selling items and scrolls they don't want for a rediculas amount of money in the housing zone, infact some of the itmes ain't even that great yet you still find price tags of 40 plat+ for some items.

The only resonable explination is they they are working for the enemy and intend to deny access of these high level items to a realm to prevent them from being used against the enemy. Nothing in game costs 40 plat except other over priced stuff.

maybe the attitued of 'i don't want it but no one else can have it either' was acceptable at 5 but not anymore.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
tbh what martok done was wrong. also the guy who lets martok in grp but is basically pl him got his alt killed by martoks shammie with martok knowing it was his alt, later on we noticed bolts hitting our grouup every now and then, it was martok and he then came over wanting to group!

im not gonna say dont trust this guy or stick upi for him but what i saw him do to tasabo with swg was wrong and cruel if anything.

for example say a brother lets you use his account, ok you should have your own blah blah blah, you lvl a char and he says sorry you cant play anymore, fair doos but the stuff on the char is yours not his hence the stuff should be transferrrable.

what tsabo said is truth as i know them both irl.

Dakkath

Can't get enough of FH
<sigh>

I can understand where you're comming from... You feel betrayed and you want to warn the rest of the world about someone you consider untrustworthy, someone you feel has let you down...

Now, I've had dealings with you in the dim & distant past and the characters you quote as yours have always seemed decent, reasonable and competent!!!

HOWEVER,

These kind of threads concern me a little. Many people on here have been accused of wrong doing and although some are indeed guilty as charged, others have had their well deserved and hard earned reputations ruined.

Once the reputation has been tarnished it's never easy to get it back coz people will always remember the thread from 'some guy I knew to be decent' and the doubts will always exist from there on...

Bloodhunter

Banned
hmmm... he's your irl firend? you play daoc together.... hope he beats you up irl.

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Ok.

From what I've been told by other people about Martok and my in game experience with him I TOTALLY agree with Tsabo.

He is DEFINATELY a compulsive liar... For example : He said he spent 2 years in Prison for GBH.... Seems a bit long for me tbh. But, he then said he worked as a special constable for the police.

Just wondering , if you have been to prison for GBH or any other crime, then its virtually impossible to join the Police yes?

Oro

Fledgling Freddie
GimpStrole said:
Just wondering , if you have been to prison for GBH or any other crime, then its virtually impossible to join the Police yes?

Actually they put you in C.I.D. Its kinda an entrance requirement :D

Regarding the thread, know the name, don't know the chap. Regardless of reading the thread, I'd still make my mind up for myself (as usual) if encountering the chap in game.

SoulFly

Can't get enough of FH
Balbor said:
i'd like to name and shame all the people that are selling items and scrolls they don't want for a rediculas amount of money in the housing zone, infact some of the itmes ain't even that great yet you still find price tags of 40 plat+ for some items.

The only resonable explination is they they are working for the enemy and intend to deny access of these high level items to a realm to prevent them from being used against the enemy. Nothing in game costs 40 plat except other over priced stuff.

maybe the attitued of 'i don't want it but no one else can have it either' was acceptable at 5 but not anymore.
Class one balbor post once again, noob.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
As always there are two sides to a story, better to reserve judgement until both parties have had their say.

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Oro said:
Actually they put you in C.I.D. Its kinda an entrance requirement :D

So, He works in a LAN cafe (and has been for all his life basically) and works as C.I.D?

Must have a stressful life tbh

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
GimpStrole said:
Ok.

From what I've been told by other people about Martok and my in game experience with him I TOTALLY agree with Tsabo.

He is DEFINATELY a compulsive liar... For example : He said he spent 2 years in Prison for GBH.... Seems a bit long for me tbh. But, he then said he worked as a special constable for the police.

LMAO that has never happened. He is 19 and spent the past 2 years in a LAN gaming centre called Wireworld in Southend.

Apparently he also lost his driving licsense cos he wrote off his car. I've never seen him or heard of him driving when he was meant to be getting his licsense back.

And to Dakkath, I know that Martok has done this to other people. And I know what he is like in RL and know he is unlikely to change. But if he does change then his reformation will surely outshine any stain done to his 'reputation'.

I would rather warn people what he is like than see innocent people get mucked around by someone like this.

And to all those saying I am meant to be his friend etc. I'd rather the word accuaintence. I know him in real life.

A when I call someone a friend it's someone I enjoy spending time with and chatting to, and someone I can trust to a certain extent. I wouldn't trust Martok with a thing after the amount of selfish things he has put other people through.

It is about time he grew up, and started thinking of other people. Because the reprocussions to your actions can end in taking people too far. Which is exactly what he has done here.

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
Dont know the guy in RL but in TLW he has always been a decent guy and I cant say I've ever seen him forcefully LD from raids, cant speak for RvR groups ofc. afaik he has fooked off to PvP server anyway atm so maybe post it there cause dont think anyone here cares too much :m00:

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Why are you posting about his real life on a public forum? i am not arguing i just think it's not nice to do that at all unless he wanted to post it on here himself then fair enough.

Martok has been ok with me, never had problems with him but do not know him that well though.Still think it's unfair to do that.

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
Why are you posting about his real life on a public forum? i am not arguing i just think it's not nice to do that at all unless he wanted to post it on here himself then fair enough.

Martok has been ok with me, never had problems with him but do not know him that well though.Still think it's unfair to do that.

You really think he is going to post a thread telling people not to go near him because he is a compulsive liar and only out for himself without a second thought for others? Hmmm, if only things were that simple, if he wasn't all these things I would not have posted this.

And to Jenkz, I have been sat next to him when he has forcefully LDed, wether he tells you it was to go PvP, or to play another game with other people in the shop, is down to him, this is where the compulsive lying comes into it again.

He doesn't do it everytime he wants to leave a group, but he does it enough to make it unfair on others, and to even do it once to your own guild in my eyes is pretty harsh.

Would you ever forecfully LD on a guild raid of any kind Jenkz? When I say forcefully I mean without any mention of leaving before hand to anyone else with you.

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Tsabo said:
You really think he is going to post a thread telling people not to go near him because he is a compulsive liar and only out for himself without a second thought for others? Hmmm, if only things were that simple, if he wasn't all these things I would not have posted this.

You and gimpstrel talk about his real life above no?or am i pissed out of my head?xD

I am not avoiding him just because of one person's opinion on forums, if you got problems or had problems with him then that's between you two, i judge a person until i see them perform such things and give them a chance, if they do perform bad things then i just avoid them ingame and leave it at that.(unless of course they change and apologise)

GimpStrole

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho. Martok is only nice to the players that are higher RR than him, or are good players like yourself, he treats others like dirt. To be fair, Martok is a good Merc but the actual player isn't my ideal friend. Like flesh :x

Path

Fledgling Freddie
What an interesting thread; I shudder at how you people amass "friends" IRL tbh :m00:

I'd suggest you stop lending your necro to twats Tsabo; either that or give up the campstealing attitude yourself; Volwrath outshines even Nidah when it comes to that :wub:

As for Balbor, most of the World's communists are youngsters or students who wish to rebell against their parents - which category do you end up in? I charge for my items, and I don't mind paying up for something I want either. Welcome to the wonderful World of market economics :fluffle:

Krissy

Fledgling Freddie
Can think of afew items worth 40p, its a matter of suply and demand, low if stats are good and its not comon then can make quiet a nice bit of cash :)

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Balbor said:

Are you roleplaying being an idiot, or are you actually serious?

Shadowblood

Fledgling Freddie

I wouldnt mind seeing people shifting a few items cheaper than stockpiling them... but then Ive just returned after 2 years off, logged on checked my cash. only 1 silver 46 copper.. can anyone do me a deal? <im being serious here> :) My better armour is that hideous green plate from barrows.

48 RR3 Armsman [/played 30 days]

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Sycho said:
You and gimpstrel talk about his real life above no?or am i pissed out of my head?xD

I am not avoiding him just because of one person's opinion on forums, if you got problems or had problems with him then that's between you two, i judge a person until i see them perform such things and give them a chance, if they do perform bad things then i just avoid them ingame and leave it at that.(unless of course they change and apologise)

I have refered to what Martok is like in Real Life as this is pretty much just how he is ingame. But if you read my original post again as most the points are relating to ingame instances...

Tsabo

Fledgling Freddie
Path said:
I'd suggest you stop lending your necro to twats Tsabo; either that or give up the campstealing attitude yourself; Volwrath outshines even Nidah when it comes to that :wub:

Many people have borrowed my acc for powerleveling, when was this Campstealing done? if it was in the last year it is most likely someone that has my acc details, am sorry for this and to let you know just this morning I changed all my acc dtls so no one will be using my accs anymore, apart from one guy that uses my necro acc as his main acc, but he plays Mid Excal.

But I haven't played Volwrath myself for over a year now, did all my PLing a long time ago.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
I know you guys were good IRL friends
Looks like you've had a falling out and have started posting stuff about him to trash his rep.

I suggest before people make 'Judgements' about him you either talk to him here or in game, martoks always been fine in the guild, not done anything you have commented on, might have a temper problem but who hasn't when playing online games :p

Tsabo instead of posting crap here, talk to either martok or his GM's about problems you have had with him in game.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ok in this case i would like to name and shame....MYSELF <dramatic music>
i played for about 2 years and still dont really know how to play my chars, i just chose styles on me merc that looked cool, on my therg i didnt realise i had aoe mezz till after a year and some one told me, and generally i just arse about instead of taking game seriously.

i must admit that although all my chars are female (as am i irl) i have pretended to be a bloke when some dude tried to cybor me, not just any bloke but i said i was 45 years old called duane and weighed 25 stone, i heartily apologise for this behaviour and looking back i see i could have traumatised the poor wee fella who only wanted to talk dirteh to me.

i have to admit that i have hit reset on occasion, told people im really 5ft2 when im only 5ft and i once looked up my consignment merchants dress

i stand before you a shamed spammer :touch:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom