Name Tag Distance Change?

G

Gumbo

Could we please have the name tag distance on the game.net servers changed to at least 50 and 300 with scope, preferably more like 100 and 300 with scope.

This'll bring them more into line with what is seen as a standard set up for servers used for most leagues and stuff. Clanbase for instance is 50/300 and the recent bfcup was largely played at 100/300.

It's not so much for friend/foe id, as a glance at the map can do that, but for seeing which friend the friend you're looking at is.

G

Gumbo

Also, I'm guessing that the 20 player limit on the preview server is a mere slip of the finger, and it should be a 32 man one.

We are trying to showcase good servers aren't we?

A

adams901

If the demand for the Tag distance is there then we will certainly look at changing it, if only 4 or 5 out of the 60+ people that use the server on a regular basis want it changed then we have look at both sides of it and possibly cater for the majority.

The player limit will be looked at and hopefully increased

C

.Cask

How are you gonna find out the demand then?

7th

yea g'wan... change it... not being able to identify targets is a pain in the ass ;/

7th

T

toneh

Yer the tag distance is definately too low.

Change it!

etc

F

Flamin_Squirrel

Change the values to whats most common - ie whatever that Gumbo person said.

Post haste!

T

TeeCee

/me raises hand in favour of Gumbo's proposals

Been mutterin to myself about this for a while - PLZ change ASAP :\

A

Anasyn

yes, Change please, although I'm happy with 20 players (56k and all that)

also: *prods adams slightly menacingly with a pitchfork*
They made me do it! *points to Flamin Squirrel and Gumbo*

A

Animal Mutha

Even tho I don't play BF, I think this would be a good change, because Gumbo told me to say so.

Right. Where's that fiver?

E

eXhumed

Yup...agreed here. I vote for changing :-O

eX

T

toneh

20 players is immaterial though, they normally empty anyway.

Make them 128 player servers! you'll get ppl joining out of curosity (+spelling)

l8rs

G

grim_evil

yeah please change it as the man Gumbo asked, thanks. It would help greatly

T

toneh

Post summat then, and ask ppl in IRC to comment!

oops gave the game away!

A

Animal Mutha

*cough*

Hello, my name is Guy Icognito...I wholeheartedly endorse this event or product.

T

toneh

Seriously though,

128 player server!!!!!!!!!!!!"££$£*$££$**£*("))"__"_£

and proper viewing distance FFS

But u can ditch it all, for a ofp2 server (when it comes out).

G

Gumbo

OK, so maybe mentioning the uninspiring response i got from the liasion for my suggestion in irc might not have been a good move....

However, out of 61 uk servers running 1.45 at the moment only one has a scoped tag distance as low as 100. The Game.net preview server.

It's not that bad to admit one ickle server setting is a bit out you know. No-one's going to think any less of you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom