Name Changing In-Game?

O

old.Ransom

Is it possible to change your name in game ? i know its not possible for myself to do this but what about mythic or whoever run's the show at the moment ?

btw i have a cheecter with the name that i want so i know its not taken other than by me :)

cheers
Ransom

H

Heish

Even if it was possibly I doubt GoA would change players name since it would take an tremendeous amount of work for them(when people realize they can change their names and start spamming GoA that they want a name change).

O

old.Ransom

im wanting to chance because im constantly geting messages for Movin when my name is Moving :( so its quite annoying im wanting to change it to Crasher witch is my retired lvl 10 SB

S

SFXman

I'd say it should stay so that you can't change it since it would cause too much hassle... UNLESS they made an automatic system that maybe allowed it once or something, for a price of course.
Nice name btw... Moving Shadow, good music :D

J

Jupitus

I've seen this elsewhere so I am pretty confident of the answer... you cannot change your ingame name, although it is not impossible. The only circumstances where your name may be changed are if they fall outside of what is accepted as a name in the code of conduct, and the support team change it to something more appropriate.

Looks like you're stuck with it...

Jup.

O

old.Mr Burns

Originally posted by Ransom
im wanting to chance because im constantly geting messages for Movin when my name is Moving :( so its quite annoying im wanting to change it to Crasher witch is my retired lvl 10 SB

Why don't you just delete your Crasher character then (since it's only level 10)?

B

Brinx

It's pretty much an MMORPG standard that character names aren't changable. One for the amount of admin work it'd create and also because it goes against the principle of 'building up an identity' around your character. If people could change name easily there'd be more room for abuse as it'd bring in a small degree of anonimity that IRC and the like has, and anyone who uses it regularly probably knows how much the annoying kiddies love that.

Maybe that's not so paramount now as the Euro game is still quite young, but as time goes on reputations attached with a name matter increasing more, imo.

O

old.Spiritwolf

I'd like it if we were able to change our names once in our characters lifetime's, if someone is really unhappy with their name they should at least get a chance.

Being able to change a name as many times as you like however would be pretty awful, and would only benefit grief players :(

Anyway, back to the point, you're stuck with it unless the name is 'inappropriate'.

O

old.Zenox

Originally posted by Ransom
Is it possible to change your name in game ? i know its not possible for myself to do this but what about mythic or whoever run's the show at the moment ?

btw i have a cheecter with the name that i want so i know its not taken other than by me :)

cheers
Ransom

Don't be silly :whip:

G

Gekul

lol, movin's in my guild.

If you think that's bad, I think I remember someone getting lots of messages because he had GM in his name or something :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom