Nail scratch

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I'm sure we're all familiar with the sound of someone scraping their nails or a sharp metal object down a blackboard.

Why is it that to many people even this description gives them goosebumps or shivers down the spine ?

Is it physchological ?

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Doesn't bother me.

What makes my spine shiver is the sound of grinding your teeth over wool. ARGHHH

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Oh yeah, thats a nasty one ! hehe

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
FBI with a search warrant - sends shivers down meh spine !

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Lamp said:
I'm sure we're all familiar with the sound of someone scraping their nails or a sharp metal object down a blackboard.

Why is it that to many people even this description gives them goosebumps or shivers down the spine ?

Is it physchological ?
could be wrong but i seem to recall watching something and they said that the sound of nails down a blackboard or any high pitched screech is similar to the "danger" warning call given out by our ancestors (and i dont mean your great granny yelling she's out of condenced milk, i mean the real ancestors the cavemen) its so irritating that it sets peoples nerves on edge and is impossible to ignore.
Also the sound of a baby crying.. does this get on your nerves? answer: yes!! good its designed to be soo annoying that you simply can not ignore it, beause if babies cried softly then we would probably have become extinct due to ancestors not bothering to feed the baby when it was crying for food.

but i could be wrong.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeah, sounds are annoying for a reason.

I for one am such a senseless bastard when it comes to the wee nippers that i don't give a hoot if one is hollaring on a tree.

Not my effing bundle of "joy".

Then again, animals kill other animals babies so they rule the world more, so, i'm just acting on my instinct.

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
The screech.

Its the noise that causes that reaction.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Anyone here freaked out by thunder ? Kind of the opposite of the nail down the board screech. Personally I LOVE thunder storms, but my dog hates them.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
[..] similar to the "danger" warning call given out by our ancestors (and i dont mean your great granny yelling she's out of condenced milk[..]

:clap:

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Lamp said:
Anyone here freaked out by thunder ? Kind of the opposite of the nail down the board screech. Personally I LOVE thunder storms, but my dog hates them.

Yeah, i love being inside when theres a thunder storm :]

My cat's seem to freak out too though :p

Amanita

Part of the furniture
The fingernails and blackboard thing never bothered me except that my nails are as soft as cotton wool so I can't do it myself :(

What does bother me is people cracking their knuckles, mine don't get to do the cracking thing so when someone does it my fingers feel all funny and I can't sort it out :p

Tilda

Thunderstorms make me all hot and bothered :p

Can't stand the nails on a blackboard though :S

[SS]Gamblor

Fledgling Freddie
Thunderstorms rox0r .. try cycling through on ( in a city , less chance of getting hit by Lightning) i love doing that :D

the whoel nails thing never bothers me.

But my Sister told me that her husband gets all freaked out if you put tinfoil in your mouth and start bitting it. of course next time we where all out in the pub , out of 13 people there only my brother-in-law didn't have any tinfoil ... Ahh it was great =).

the cracking of Knuckels is relaxing (well it is for me) as i do it all the time, but what does seem to freak people out is when i crack my neck or spine , it's always very loud . the more people freak out about it , the more i do it =)

Dandare

Fledgling Freddie
I can't stand people snooking up threw there nose, makes me look at the sky, count to ten and also feel very sick.
Theres a 50-odd year old guy at work what does it constantly, I've warned him few times while gipping but he says he can't help it.
So maybe when I buy a box of cleenex and ram his nose full and use the remaining tissues left to put in his mouth and suffocates...could I tell the judge I could'nt help it? :)

Rhori

Fledgling Freddie
crying doesn't bother me, the nails don't bother me, tinfoil doesn't bother me..

infact I don't know of any sound that does bother me

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
im with you on that one dandare, it makes me feel so ill when people do it. Blowing your nose i dont care about but the gurgly sund it makes is like :puke:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
The sound of someone emitting a Double Ender makes me ROFL

Double Ender = Sneeze or Cough + Accidental audible fart

lololol

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
For me it's people who bite their cutlery as they eat, spoons and forks are the worst, makes me dive under the carpet in agony, in fact I can't even pick spoons out of a drawer if they rub together as I move them, if someone scrapes their teeth on a fork as they eat , Ihave to leave the room
seriously :mad:

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I also can't stand the sound ppl make when they spit things into handkerchiefs. Vile.

confused

Can't get enough of FH
Its just the thought of something so flimsy, such as your nails, scratching something that could easily break them thus inflicting a huge amount of pain......

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Job said:
For me it's people who bite their cutlery as they eat, spoons and forks are the worst, makes me dive under the carpet in agony, in fact I can't even pick spoons out of a drawer if they rub together as I move them, if someone scrapes their teeth on a fork as they eat , Ihave to leave the room
seriously :mad:

rofl talk about anal!!

ok so it hurts like a bitch if you dont use enough water based lube tbh and another thing.......

lilmissnaughty

Fledgling Freddie
Ezteq said:
could be wrong but i seem to recall watching something and they said that the sound of nails down a blackboard or any high pitched screech is similar to the "danger" warning call given out by our ancestors (and i dont mean your great granny yelling she's out of condenced milk, i mean the real ancestors the cavemen) its so irritating that it sets peoples nerves on edge and is impossible to ignore.
Also the sound of a baby crying.. does this get on your nerves? answer: yes!! good its designed to be soo annoying that you simply can not ignore it, beause if babies cried softly then we would probably have become extinct due to ancestors not bothering to feed the baby when it was crying for food.

but i could be wrong.
hmmz if everyone was like me we woulda been extinct then cos that sound is likely to make me smother teh lil shit with a pillow instead of feed it.
a girl at work once said she could imagine me as a mum.
she didnt know me very well methinks:D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
lilmissnaughty said:
hmmz if everyone was like me we woulda been extinct then cos that sound is likely to make me smother teh lil shit with a pillow instead of feed it.
a girl at work once said she could imagine me as a mum.
she didnt know me very well methinks:D
rofl, do you get people saying "when you having kids then?" you tell them when the pope shits a cadburies creame egg and they say "aww give it time"

dont you just want to throttle those people with there always ultra dry maxi pads and shit in their eye?

i do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom