N00bish question.

P

[PS]Venom

I may be being a muppet here, but I think I saw somewhere that you can add spellcraft jewels onto drops that have slots left?

I.E. a bracer with +2 strength, +2 dex. You could add 2 more effects.

Is this right or have I gotten the wrong end of the stick entirely...?

K

katani

I think tilda is the person to ask m8, but i dont think you can imbue drops ?

T

Tilda

oooo

nope sorry :( you cant imbue:

a) Drops, ie vindicator armour

b) items, ie bracers, rings etc :(

although it is possible to imbue 2 sets of stuff onto armour then go back later and add another 2, but for overcharging puropses it counds the already added 2 stats as 94% so its a BAD thing to do if your overcharging.

Tilda

B

belth

Originally posted by Tilda
although it is possible to imbue 2 sets of stuff onto armour then go back later and add another 2, but for overcharging puropses it counds the already added 2 stats as 94% so its a BAD thing to do if your overcharging.

Or get lucky like me, 3x94 qua gems from being pre-imbued and 1 newly imbued 96 qua one, on 2 pts overcharge. Worked.

Or get unlucky like me, 3x94 qua gems from being pre-imbued and 1 newly imbued 96 qua one, on 2 pts overcharge. Blew up.

Don't try on MPs.

T

Tilda

i was crafting 99% qual gems last night, Arcthic kept me supplied with material and i was actually supprised at how easy it was to get 99qual or even MP gems, i got 4MP gems and did all 11 gems (i think it was 11) in under 10 retrys each apart from 1 gem which was orange to me, i think chance of MP/high qual decreases as the gems con to you increases because all of the other gems i was crafting were grey to me :)

Tilda

S

'Shy

So whats this jewelcraft / gemcraft all about then? Is that a later patch where you can make jewellrey? Or do you have to be over 1000 in alchemy or SC?

It's in the menu but it's blank..

D

Draylor

Same rules for quality as other trades Tilda.

100% is only possible on grey con items - unless your skill is 1000+

99% youve a 1 in 6 chance on grey con items, 1 in 50 on green con item with skill below 1000 - and 1 in 6 on any items once you get to 1000.

Hope you didnt blow up Arcthic's studded - from what I remember it cost him a small fortune :)

N

nume

What affect does gem quality have though?

I've got 3 imbued items and i know the gems are not 99% yet i see the stats on the items all ok?

T

Tilda

jem craft is added some time after guild hosing etc afaik.

the quality dosnt matter too much for just a bog standard Imbue, if you want to overcharge by more than 1 point though you realy should get 99 - MP gems.
if your making a final set of armour you realy should be overcharging to 37/32
thus u get the maximum possible out of your armour.
it sould also be MP, if its not MP then save up wait till SI and get a MP set.

Tilda

N

nume

/ starts saving :D

Another noobish question but was wondering you thought would be the best type of proc/reactive magic to use. i.e. what commonly has the least use in albion and therefore (hopefully) less chance of mids/hibs having high resists to.

T

Tilda

spirit or matter are probably the procs that people have the least resists too.

Tilda

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by Tilda
jem craft is added some time after guild hosing etc afaik.

the quality dosnt matter too much for just a bog standard Imbue, if you want to overcharge by more than 1 point though you realy should get 99 - MP gems.
if your making a final set of armour you realy should be overcharging to 37/32
thus u get the maximum possible out of your armour.
it sould also be MP, if its not MP then save up wait till SI and get a MP set.

Tilda

With 100% qua (MP) armour and 99% qua. gems the chance that it will succeed is 38% at 37/32. I doubt someone will take on these odds.

Even with 100% qua (MP) gems the succeed-rate is 1 out 2 (50%) which is not a lot for ALL items a Masterpiece.

So perhaps 37/32 is something for the aces in the game, but sure as hell NOT for the 'average Joe'. As it will be on average way too expensive to achieve the requirements.

T

Tilda

all of my armour need MP gems at its sucess is 50% i think.
i plan on taking on thoses odds, remember even if its 50: 50 sucess if you fail it dosnt mean you blow up.

Tilda

B

belth

The success percentage is grossly miscalculated towards failure, I wouldn't think twice when doing 37/32 with 99 gems, it's statistically a guaranteed success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom