n00b seeking advice on which class to try!

S

siden

Hi all,

Just starting in DAoC after playing AC and EQ for most of my online life.

I'm not really sure what to create but I've got a few things I'm looking for:

1. Soloability - having a young child makes this essential !
2. Want to do some tradecraft, as I actually love the mindnumbing repetition of it :D
3. Some usefullness in RvR - I'm more of a killer than a healer.
4. Great fun to play with a few options as to how to play.

Hope there' a class out there which sums that up :)

Thanks in advance,
Sskek
level 1 ? of ? on ? server.

K

kr0n

Hmm... Giving quite alot of options there. Gonna do the same then.

All characters can craft, all are usefull. So if it doesnt matter much lets leave this as it comes.

Albion.
Solo classes... Hmm... Well alb mages are generally good solo classes. Tanks are decent aswell, with enough defense at least.

Hibernia.
Same thing, mages are very good at soloing, Enchanter being the FotM (Flavour of the Month) with good RvR and PvE abilities.

Midgard.
Berserkers are good soloers from tanks, skalds too... And mages of course.

Pretty much every class is usefull in RvR, just in different situations. Generally if you want a jack-of-all-trades, dont choose a tank, its a mage you're looking for.

Specify a bit more and you get more help :)

Edit:

Excalibur = Midgard is "underdog" at the moment, Albion has big population and Hibernia prevails in RvR.

Prydwen = Hibernia is the underdog, midgard has the biggest population and Albion hovers there with all its gimpyness...

Excalibur has more people playing, some say Prydwen has better community.

T

tris-

alb/pryd has the role players.

albion solo - paldin or cabalist.

paladin can do - alchemy, Weapon craft, armour craft

cabalist can do - spell crafting, tailoring

in rvr cabalists are lethal with aoe dot.

cabalists are fun to play as you can chain mobs pretty quick with the right spec. there isnt many ways to play it really, if you chose one line, you will be doing the same thing over n over.

S

siden

thanks for the info so far. I don't really know enough about the game for specifics.

The subscription pages are currenty down anyway, so I can't re-activate just yet :/

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Just ask kr0n to hack you a nice l50?

... levelling is so boring anyway...

K

kr0n

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
Just ask kr0n to hack you a nice l50?

... levelling is so boring anyway...

There it is, was getting worried.

T

_tindel_

knock it off already, lesson was probably learned ages ago... :wall:

J

Jonaldo

Mentalist is the best character ever in all realms so ner :p

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by kr0n

There it is, was getting worried.

I wouldn't dream of disappointing the 1337357 player around...

Originally posted by _tindel_
knock it off already, lesson was probably learned ages ago... :wall:

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Yeah, right.

O

optical-

If you want decent rvr go excal, pryd is teh suck

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by optical-

If you want to play alongside 13 year olds who think that everything sucks just because they're not very good at it play Excalibur.

If you want to play with less people but a more mature and a friendlier group who may actually attempt to help you make your own mind up instead of saying what sucks all the time then feel free to join us on Prydwen.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

u is teh s00k 37ft0r!!!1 + a liur 2!
ekscaliber playaz aer teh rulaz of all teh servaz not teh pyrdwen faggitz!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by Elft0r !!1

If you want to play alongside 13 year olds who think that everything sucks just because they're not very good at it play Excalibur.

If you want to play with less people but a more mature and a friendlier group who may actually attempt to help you make your own mind up instead of saying what sucks all the time then feel free to join us on Prydwen.

Also sprach "Elft0r !!1"

There are some Roleplaying guilds on Prydwen which is good. But you still get your immature freaks :)

J

Jonaldo

Well yep there are always exceptions :) I do have a friar on Excalibur and actually met some *SHOCK, HORROR* nice people there :) so maybe I was being a little harsh but Excalibur does have a bad rep, and prydwen rvr isn't that bad really.

H

hrodelbert

probably the most uber class is an avalonian paladin fully specced in icecream. But please don't just take my word for it.... no really don't :)

O

old.Downanael

Everyone knows druid's are evil with their autospec Icecream ability

O

optical-

Elfzor its so obvious j00 is jealous of teh excal dewds.

N

Novamir

please don't pay attention to uncle sick, i don't think any of us believe that he actually plays daoc. there's as much bickering on the prydwen forums as the excalibur ones, so i don't know why everyone says excalibur has a worse community.

if you play at all hours, and actually want people to be online at all hours, choose excalibur for the bigger population. if you're more of a roleplayer then go for prydwen. if you don't mind difficult levelling, then one of the best solo end game chars is an assassin. the problem is you will be passed over for xp groups in favour of real tanks.

Pryd/Hib/Mana Chanter would be the best choice imo. because pbaoe levelling is fast, you will have minimal problems getting to 50, and you will have great fun in rvr. consider taking spellcrafting as your trade in some form, as SCers will be in great demand after latest patch.

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Novamir
please don't pay attention to uncle sick, i don't think any of us believe that he actually plays daoc.

"We"? Are "we" hearing voices again, Novamir?

Gotta love pansy asses like you trying to feel more secure by saying "we" and "us" all the time... :rolleyes:

I play. The people that actually matter know who my main is and that's good enough for me.

Don't need to be an attention whore like you are.

Oh... gee, look at the signature, check the chronicles.
LOL
You are a right dumbfuck, Novamir. :D

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

:sleeping:

Ah... resorting to emotes now.

May I suggest this site for future reference? Just your style.

N

Novamir

my point was you quite clearly seek attention too. and you're always the one to turn a thread nasty first *shrug* (ie introduce clever swear words and unfunny fake leet talk like wot we do in ekscalibur)

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

I don't seek attention, I get it.

And oh... when did I turn this thread nasty, child? It's morons such as you/Atrox & the retard crew trying to get one over on me... and oh, I do care deeply.
*waits for another oh-so-witty Novamir response*

N

Novamir

Originally posted by Uncle Sick(tm)
I don't seek attention, I get it.

then, me too, since i've obviously got your attention.

you turned it into an excal vs. prydwen thread as you have done many times because you are bored or whatever.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by optical-

Actually I think this person turned it into a Pryd vs Exc thread :)

Siden : Both servers will have it's fair share of nice people and idiots, it's all about choosing your friends well, I'm sure you done this on both AC and EQ in the past.

Let's turn this into a more helpful thread and answer the question asked :)

N

Novamir

well i did try :p

btw did u write that comic strip of the same name?

J

Jonaldo

Nope I just used it's image for a while as an avatar, and then decided to adopt the name also, usually post under the name Cornell but Elft0r !!1 is far more sensible :)

K

kr0n

Have to admit Sicko, you do your job pretty good... 1 post and flamefest arrived. Must be some kinda pheromones in your nick or something...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom