n00b scout question - which arrows?

O

old.Wildfire

Archer changes in 1.62 look interesting, and I've always thought the classes were pretty cool anyway, so I've (yet again, this will be the third time now) started up a scout. I always seem to remember having problems with budgeting for arrows though, so... which arrows should I get, at which levels? Is there a rough "plan" for how to do this? No, I don't want to twink the char if I can avoid it.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

You can buy the footed flight broadhead arrows (think that is their name, 72s atleast at the merchant). You have crush, slash and thrust type arrows, which you use depend on the mob/enemy. Trees are sensitive to slash most of the time, while cloth armor tends to be neutral to all 3 (no positive or negative bonus). Check out a realm resist table for this part.
So you have to switch arrow type each time you target a different class/realm.
Regards, Glottis

R

rg-zorena

glottis made a none flame post!!!!!!!!11 nerf!!

G

gunner440

Originally posted by old.Wildfire
Archer changes in 1.62 look interesting, and I've always thought the classes were pretty cool anyway, so I've (yet again, this will be the third time now) started up a scout. I always seem to remember having problems with budgeting for arrows though, so... which arrows should I get, at which levels? Is there a rough "plan" for how to do this? No, I don't want to twink the char if I can avoid it.

if you grp use the low range, high accuracy ones. these tend to cheap and "disposable" and they wont hurt ur pocket so much.

oh and in rvr carry300 of each dmg type or more of the expensive ones (72s i think), trust me, you'll need every last one t.t

G

Garaen

Get 400 / 500 fletching asap and make your own arrows, its much cheaper. :)

T

tazzke

Yep...

best choice would be to fletch to 500 to make the best arrows yourself... like 2 evenings work maybe :p (even i who hates crafting went 500+ with fletch just to get them)

with good arrows + good bow you can kill yellows easily..somethimes without going melee (PvE) - thats also the reason i could solo first 40 levels :p (never doing that again btw hehe)

RvR...mmm... with some good stealth you will rock in all 4 BG's probably...and once you get 50 get owned by every SB/NS out there...(at least thats untill now..crossing my fingers for 1.62) :)

L

legaoniel.old

arrows?

Wild, give my scout a shout ingame - name varesh - I'll do you a few arrows and a bow gratis. (Shameless bump for future trade, lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom