n00b question inc: account splitting

Gondath

Fledgling Freddie
On US daoc, Mythic offers moving existing characters onto new/clear accounts as a one-time service for a fee. Anyone know if GOA does anything of the same sort?

Gondath

Fledgling Freddie
lazy slackers :D

oh well, ty for the info

>.< Pooned

Fledgling Freddie
Even in wow they do it for free i think and even if they do that in daoc(that they dont) they want a fee to remove 1 file from 1 folder to another? rofl just ridiculous

and ofc many many useless questions in the start of the game some months ago do u use voice coms etc? so we gonna implement em in game? ofc its going to dust , just to saw us that they care....

Cared

Fledgling Freddie
It`s not free in WoW.
Well was free for specific time period, from full servers to low population servers.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
>.< Pooned said:
Even in wow they do it for free i think and even if they do that in daoc(that they dont) they want a fee to remove 1 file from 1 folder to another? rofl just ridiculous

im not sure how GoA/mythic's Database works, but its not as simple as moveing one file to another place. u could do a char move in one move, but then there are items and stuff on the char.... thats loads of work.

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
i dont think its loads of work tbh, all your gear on the character / in vaults etc will be stored to that character, so im guessing grabbing that characters 'file' and moving it onto a new account might be just that easy, but yes could take some time confirming details etc. :)

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Actually GOA will move a character for you. They will move only ONE character and only to a BRAND NEW account.

I guess the theory is you let someone else roll a character on your account and they like the game so GOA will let them start their own account to continue playing. A way of getting more people to play but not a general service as I suspect many wish it was.

Don't know how much it costs either, sorry.

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
actully its probbly got something to do with /level

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom