N00b Cabby advice plz!

D

Dallas

I've just started a cabby /level 20....and I would appreciate some advice please. Atm I have 20 matter and the rest in body am I going in the right direction to have an effective cabby spec ? I would also appreciate some advice on the multiple mobkilling technique (y'know the one where you see the cabby running away witha stream of loot bags appearing in their wake), how do you do that? Also some advice on the situations in which to use the various that are "Bob's" avaliable, what situation is 1 bob more effective than another? I thankyou :)

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Full matter is usually the best way to go. Good for farming in RvR with the AE dot and ideal for farming Pygmy Tanglers. The level 50 focus shield is great for killing epic mobs with a couple of clerics and you could take out almost all the mobs in LB with 2-3 people.

Most simus are shit apart from the Sapphire and Amber. Amber has a self-con buff which is useful and Sapphy has a life-tap proc which, again, is useful in combat. I never really use the other Simus...they really aren't very good.

If you are going to BG1 make sure you go full matter so you get the level 24 AE dot. It is great fun spamming it on hordes of mids/hibs and watch them twitching away. :)

L

Lorthania

Originally posted by Sissyfoo

Most simus are shit apart from the Sapphire and Amber. Amber has a self-con buff which is useful and Sapphy has a life-tap proc which, again, is useful in combat. I never really use the other Simus...they really aren't very good.

Ruby sim also does its job well if you're pulling aggressive mobs that are vulnerable to fire damage... You don't get the aggro and the mob is usually down to 2/3 health before it even reaches the sim...

Lorth

D

dasboot

Always keep the focus shield on when your pets attack a mob, let it hit a few times, move so it gets cancelled. Then dot the mob and you wont get agro. Works nice for my cabby..

S

Sard-Nair

PS - Dont pull with DOT ! stick dmg sheild on pet until your pet gets hit 3'ish times then Baseline and Spec dot the mofo and watch it foad

F

Feac_

you will find it in the matter spec line in your spells list
lvl 15 channel attack get next 1 at 22 in matter channel blow

B

Balbor

Originally posted by Dallas
Focus shield ?

its a type of Damage shield that deals damage back to the hitter, but with 2 main differences, 1) the Cabalist has to focus on it to keep it up, that means he cannot move or do anything else and it uses power per tick 2) it is a lot more powerful than the type of damage shield play can get, the top one is 33.0 dps i think.

F

FeraMcFlurry

ill give ya some mint advice for a cabby....
DON'T DIE!!!!!!!!!!

F

FeraMcFlurry

Originally posted by FeraMcFlurry
ill give ya some mint advice for a cabby....
DON'T DIE!!!!!!!!!!
naaa was a little j/k i only got lvl8 cabby, coz i aint got a lvl50 yet :( but i was told to go full matter

N

Nightchill

when I levelled my cabby (full matter and before /level was in annoyingly) I'd DoT twice then run in a circle around my ruby pet... the ruby pet nukes the mob to death as ur DoTs do their work :) easy way to quickly chain yellows/orgs

C

ciandri_neccy

i /lved a cabby and i went 19 Matter and 3 spirit for the recreation of pet for mana i may miss out n best DoT for BG1 but hey i will still rule and get rps if that palyer dies to someone else

Users who are viewing this thread