N.T.L. HELL...........HELP

O

old.AnDy^GUN^

Well where do I start........had cable modem fitted 09/01/01....never worked from the start...constantly being dropped........low signal getting to cable modem (-7 to -15 dbmv)....sometimes i was on for 2 whole hours.....wow.....contacted ntl about 20 times over that week....they promised to send an engineer out over the weekend........we stayed in all weekend and nobody called.......we had no connection all weekend.......sometimes got the odd half hour this week in the evenings......after many many calls to ntl they promised to send somebody thursday afternoon (yesterday)...i took the afternoon off work........and guess what....nobody called round....AAARRRRGGGHHH.......I am having further chats to them and they say my dropped connection is unusual....they are refusing to send an engineer out now......they say they are working on the line........hmmmm....my problem is so unusual is it ???....
If any of you guys can offer some advice or help I wouild appreciate it.........ive even written to ntl to complain but no response yet......ive never been treated so bad by any company before.....its so annoying cos when it works it really kicks ass....ive downloaded 52 mb in 8 minutes....now thats fast........im in the midlands....p3 800 with windows m8 and an ethernet connection....
THIS IS A WARNING TO ALL FURTURE NTL CUSTOMERS !!

cmon guys.....HELP !!!

P

Perplex

Tell me the following and I may be able to help:

A) What frequency is the downstream locking to now
B) What frequency is the downstream locking to before
C) What channel ID is set in "Configuration" under config manager
D) What frequency is set in "Configuration" under config manager
E) What region do you live in
F) Do you have the Motorola SB4100 (USB)

Also, if you could please paste me the LOG section from the configuration manager.

(ps. please discover the ENTER key. it makes reading posts much easier)

B

bids

Perps comments are sound. But it is also worth laying it on thick with NTL. I had some probs, and threats of de-installation of all NTL kit, writing to OFTEL, etc, seems to have an effect. Don't let 'em get away with this - give 'em some shit m8.

O

old.AnDy^GUN^

Thanks for the replies guys. Keep em coming....lol

Perps I have some answers to your questions:

1. Seems to be sticking at -15dbmv but it does fluctuate a lot.
2. about -7dbmv
3. 3
4. 403000000
5. stafford (midlands)
6. yes i have the sb4100 but im connected by ethernet card not usb.

I cant paste the log section yet as the site has just gone down....grrrrrrrr

Brief udpate, they have finished working on the line and i have no connection at all now !!!!!!!
They say they might come within 24 working hours but if im at work tough luck !!!!!!!!
I threatened with oftel and watchdog and they said they are normally the ones everbody uses.....lol
I have actually written to both oftel and watchdog, we shall see what happens.
This is turning into a soap opera !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom