Mythic where is the QA (testing) before you releash a PATCH!

Drannor

Fledgling Freddie
Its very rare I post on forums, I tend to sit back and read them more.

But the recent patching on WAR in the last week just shows there is no proper QA process in place or there current QA is broken.

If I was Mark Jacobs, it be time for a meeting where there was a serious talk about how QA are failing at there job.

Its time to tell Mythic WAR is a live game and you cant just put one bad patch out after another, this will damage Mythic reputation and WAR's long term.

I also feel very strongly about patching on weekends Saturday and Sunday are the core times in any MMO and the only time they should be patching on these days if the servers are already down.

MYTHIC get your act together please and GOA please send feed back to them this is not acceptable in a live MMO.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
What is actually wrong with the patches? I have had no new problems.

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
also all MMO's do QA on hot fixes/minor patches internaly. if they put up a test server for every minor patch and went througha player QA it would take a hell of alot longer to get the patches out meaning live has the problems longer. then the hot fix only does a few small fixes that can be tested fiarly quickly inhouse.

othmaar

Fledgling Freddie
The problem is downtime, but I am guessing most players can deal with it so if its necessary then by all means go ahead and patch :)

sendoh

Fledgling Freddie
Its very rare I post on forums, I tend to sit back and read them more.

But the recent patching on WAR in the last week just shows there is no proper QA process in place or there current QA is broken.

If I was Mark Jacobs, it be time for a meeting where there was a serious talk about how QA are failing at there job.

Its time to tell Mythic WAR is a live game and you cant just put one bad patch out after another, this will damage Mythic reputation and WAR's long term.

I also feel very strongly about patching on weekends Saturday and Sunday are the core times in any MMO and the only time they should be patching on these days if the servers are already down.

MYTHIC get your act together please and GOA please send feed back to them this is not acceptable in a live MMO.

The answer is simple, it is not mythic that is at fault, it is goa, they have wrecked every game they have had anything to do with, you want proof look at dark age of camalot, a great game completely destroyed by goa, and mark my words they will do the same to warhammer.:flame:

caswallawn

Fledgling Freddie
The answer is simple, it is not mythic that is at fault, it is goa, they have wrecked every game they have had anything to do with, you want proof look at dark age of camalot, a great game completely destroyed by goa, and mark my words they will do the same to warhammer.:flame:
thats a realy inteligent argument considering GOA are just putting out the mythic patches a day after america.

mooSe_

FH is my second home

so what exactly have they done to ruin it so far?
- Late beta (Has no relation to the current state of the game)
- Flash website (annoying but still has little to do with the actual game)
- that auto renew subscription thing (this was annoying too but the only people who it really affected where those who had already stopped playing the game and then were billed unknowingly, everyone was made aware of it and I doubt many people stopped playing entirely as a result of it)
- Late realm war pages (I don't care)
- Late test server (This has been a problem but we have one now so QQing about it is meaningless)
- dodgy server populations (they are doing nearly everything they can to fix this and IMO are doing a good job)

What else have GOA done wrong? All the problems that are actually to do with the game are primarily Mythic's problems as it is Mythic's game; GOA just run our servers. I have no idea what they did wrong with DAoC and tbh I don't care, this is WAR not DAoC.

I'm really sick of seeing people throwing the same meaningless crap at GOA in every topic (fair enough when a new problem emerges but the whining just goes on and on like a child who's dropped their icecream): if you don't like it why dont you go play on the US servers?

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
I'm really sick of seeing people throwing the same meaningless crap at GOA in every topic (fair enough when a new problem emerges but the whining just goes on and on like a child who's dropped their icecream): if you don't like it why dont you go play on the US servers?

:iagree:

Kami

Can't get enough of FH

Agreed, I did it and have no regrets. If you don't like GOA, put up or shut up.

Only complaint I have about Mythic as a US server player is the amount of downtime, servers are down far too often each week. Once a week for maintenance/patching would be fine, but it's 3-4times a week at the moment, the regular patches seem to mean more regular patch fixes being applied. As someone who works in I.T. it seems to me that they're not fully testing the patches prior to applying them and/or not keeping a list of things to do before/after each patch before letting players back in. This makes me concerned about the quality of installation advice they'll be giving GOA - I'm starting to think that GOA aren't entirely to blame for some of the recent problems.

However the last few patches have improved the game tremendously, can't honestly remember the last time I had a CTD since moving to the US servers, it's been a few weeks anyway. Game client is rock solid now.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Stops the endless and pointless GOA whinge, if you don't actually approve of them running the EU servers, then stop paying them.

Simple as.

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
The patches we are getting at the moment are nothing more than fixes or features that should have been included before beta ended. Because of this I don't think Mythic are in any position at the moment to include improvements to the game as suggested by the playerbase.

For the past few weeks they have been patching like mad just to make the game stable enough for the Christmas market, on the assumption that they will get a lot of new subscribers over the coming week or so.

Personally I think they should have gone for a christmas launch to begin with and had a much longer open beta with a lot more testers. That would have given the developers a lot more time to polish the game rather than fixing bugs on the fly. This has lead to the situation we are in now, whereby subscribers are focusing more on the bugs and glitches rather than the nice features which should make WAR the next gen MMO it could be.

GOA issues aside, I think Mythic have let themselves and their subscribers down so far on WAR, lets hope things change.

mrbandersnatch

Fledgling Freddie
GOA issues aside, I think Mythic have let themselves and their subscribers down so far on WAR, lets hope things change.

Im AMAZED to say that, on the whole and a little tardily, GOA are actually doing a good job. If they would get rid of that PoS they call a website (seriously whoever is championing that needs a severe beating with a CSS stick), be a bit more aggressive with server mergers, slightly more prompt with the website updates; well I'd actually be impressed. If they hadnt slacked last month I'd be gushing at them.

HOWEVER the 1.1 series from Mythic has been piss poor - lots of regressions in the code; far too many new bugs; reactionary knee jerk actions; poor understanding of the issues in game which are lowering the enjoyment factor; NOT boding well for the game TBH.

Anyways, point being up till 1.1 I was reasonably happy with the direction; 1.1 left me feeling somewhat...."Meh" on the whole; and a /agree.

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
+1 for the whines here.

Just subbed for another month. Played for a hr and I'm ready to uninstall it again.

My beefs still remain:

- Chat is deader than a morgue. No one seems to be interested in my pleas for help. I wonder if they are all scoffing at me behind their monitors!
- Animations are more rusty than doom. Jumping back and forth from playing WoW (which is 4 years older) shows WAR up. It's horrific. But I'll put that down to the fucking dire engine they chose to use.
- The UI is still unintuitive. It's like someone said. "Ah fuck it, we'll let the community fix it."
- The game runs worse than STALKER on a monster PC. 30FPS. What. The. Fuck. Compared to the 60 in Crysis and 110 in WoW.
- My class, sorcerer, is about as dangerous as a chocolate sword. On fire. In a volcano. Not only has it been twatted by the nerf bat, nay, sledgehammer. Resists are completely out of whack. I'm having 3/4 of my spells resisted. I might as well go up and melee them for all the good it will do!

Sorry for the MASSIVE fucking rant but I feel a bit ticked off spending £9 to find the game hasn't improved. I really really want to enjoy this game. I HATE WoW's PvP with more than a passion it's a career to me. But I just can't do it. :(

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Dude. What server you playing on?

Get some sig action going, give us a fighting chance to work out who you are :D

Spookie

Fledgling Freddie
K8P. Apparently the busiest server in Europe. Which did have 1000 player queues, now it's med/med. Meh. :(

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
K8P. Apparently the busiest server in Europe. Which did have 1000 player queues, now it's med/med. Meh. :(

Logged on yesterday around 3am. maybe a bit later, very much the worse for wear. Within about 10 mins of the few players online had managed to grab enough people to turn Black Crag from blue to red.

Most of the people I'd messaged I'd not even heard of before, and I'm pretty sure they didn't know me from the next disc spinning idiot either.

Had fun, logged off. Woke up a few hours later with a slightly sore head :D

I can't believe its not possible to find stuff to do at any time of day on K8P, even if its only a bit of PvE vs keeps at wildly off peak times.

Faeldawn

Fledgling Freddie
Tbh. Yes.

Compared to my WoW server. K8P is dead. :(

If you had to queue you'd be QQing about that instead.

K8P is heaving most of the time and if you think you will recieve and sympathy for subbing for 1 HOUR, start crying for help on the regional channels and then spitting the dummy and uninstaling, you are sadly mistaken.

Loneliness

Loyal Freddie
Had fun, logged off. Woke up a few hours later with a slightly sore head :D

I can't believe its not possible to find stuff to do at any time of day on K8P, even if its only a bit of PvE vs keeps at wildly off peak times.

I can relate to that and i also agree

Stazbumpa

Fledgling Freddie
- Chat is deader than a morgue. No one seems to be interested in my pleas for help. I wonder if they are all scoffing at me behind their monitors!

I prefer dead chat to dirge spam a la' WoW.

- Animations are more rusty than doom. Jumping back and forth from playing WoW (which is 4 years older) shows WAR up. It's horrific. But I'll put that down to the fucking dire engine they chose to use.

The game looks far better than WoW. Buy more PC.

- The UI is still unintuitive. It's like someone said. "Ah fuck it, we'll let the community fix it."

Odd, I dont have any problems. What exactly is the issue for you?

- The game runs worse than STALKER on a monster PC. 30FPS. What. The. Fuck. Compared to the 60 in Crysis and 110 in WoW.

STALKER isn't an MMO and doesn't rely on you connecting to a server with [x] amount of other players on it, correct me if I'm wrong. WoW uses a different engine, and is far older, therefore runs better with less resources. I take it you never took part in a WoW city raid? If you think the WAR slideshow is bad, then please try it for comparison, and also see if the server stays up while you're doing it.

- My class, sorcerer, is about as dangerous as a chocolate sword. On fire. In a volcano. Not only has it been twatted by the nerf bat, nay, sledgehammer. Resists are completely out of whack. I'm having 3/4 of my spells resisted. I might as well go up and melee them for all the good it will do!

Interesting, I normally see sorcerers top of the damage tree in scenarios and they're extremely useful in keep seiges/defense. My sorceress only ever has a problem if the enemy is stood next to me, which is exactly what is supposed to happen.

Sorry for the MASSIVE fucking rant but I feel a bit ticked off spending £9 to find the game hasn't improved. I really really want to enjoy this game. I HATE WoW's PvP with more than a passion it's a career to me. But I just can't do it. :(

The game has improved massively with the last patch, although there are still things that are broken or need tweaking. Try playing another class, or if you're that annoyed then don't play it at all. I didn't rant about WoW because it was wank, I just stopped playing.
I'm only playing WAR because I enjoy it, as soon as I don't then I'll stop playing that too. Very simple, very easy.

Do you really need to play an MMO that badly? If you do then that's most likely the problem, not the game itself.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
In my experience there is plenty of chat going on in K8P, yet no mindless spamming: the best of both imo.

Can't say I have experienced much Player v Keep action anyway, well it happens occasionaly in t2/3 but mostly its just mindless zerg v zerg which I don't really enjoy. But there is plenty of other things going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom