mythic taking the p*ss?

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
im sure many of u logged on to answer a poll yesterday like i did.

now here's the thing.. they know all the subjects they listed are a problem, why make a poll?

do your jobs u lazy bastards and get ALL of them fixed.

new game coming up yes, warhammer online, but u cant handle a game already going with thousands of peeps per server.. wont be playing it.

fix everything. we pay your fucking wages. u dont go into hospital and answer a poll at doors saying, should we treat cancer or car crashes first.

want more e+e volunteers ask, but be prepared for some changes almost EVERYONE wants.

u just aint listening, taking our money.. but not listening.. wont get warhammer up without us.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
maybe they just wanna fix the prob that pisses the community off the most 1st??

Ardas Nails

OT Photoshop King
kinda feel the same but I can understand their need to prioritise issues which are most important, and doable with their manpower.

Some of the options are a lil wierd though... eg.

- More housing hookpoints and utilities
- Revamp of all classic and SI zones include mobs/loot

Just not on the same scale of things, which I thought was a bit odd.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Wow. I think this guy wants everything fixed, but I don't know.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Ardas Nails said:
and doable with their manpower.
I might be out of the blue here but... HIRE MORE PPL!? :rolleyes: they got the money for it..

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Zebolt said:
I might be out of the blue here but... HIRE MORE PPL!? :rolleyes: they got the money for it..

That would lower profits and being America, they dont like losing money

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:
That would lower profits and being America, they dont like losing money
Are you sure? Maybe if they made a good job they would have gotten more players and the profit would have raised :)

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Why do you post such utter crap Ilaya? I honestly think it's a great idea for Mythic to ask it's playerbase what they feel is most important and what they would like to see improved. If you don`t like it stop moaning and quit DAOC.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Case said:
Why do you post such utter crap Ilaya? I honestly think it's a great idea for Mythic to ask it's playerbase what they feel is most important and what they would like to see improved. If you don`t like it stop moaning and quit DAOC.

Rep given.

Equador

Fledgling Freddie
rah said:
the return of....fillers!

<pause for dramatic moment, add eerie background music, fill up with evil laughter at your leisure>

Konah

Fledgling Freddie
ye, found it quite sad they had to ask if we wanted game bugs fixed.

FIX strafe/windowdrag/run-thru/LoS/Water/Melee lag already, thanks.

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
Ardas Nails said:
- Revamp of all classic and SI zones include mobs/loot

Just not on the same scale of things, which I thought was a bit odd.

The one that I actually voted for ;)

Girafmad

Fledgling Freddie
i dont want the loot from clasic/si revamp, more stuf we need for farm noway! but id love to have the gfx of all the zones rewaped, that would be cool. maybe even change the engine of the game an get the gfx to be less "square" (thats the best word i can find to discripe doac gfx)

Gamah

Banned
Bugz said:
The one that I actually voted for

Vollkornbrotchen-03_00429_2.gif

p1_040106_augustus_si.jpg

Norcott

Fledgling Freddie
ilaya said:
im sure many of u logged on to answer a poll yesterday like i did.

now here's the thing.. they know all the subjects they listed are a problem, why make a poll?

do your jobs u lazy bastards and get ALL of them fixed.

new game coming up yes, warhammer online, but u cant handle a game already going with thousands of peeps per server.. wont be playing it.

fix everything. we pay your fucking wages. u dont go into hospital and answer a poll at doors saying, should we treat cancer or car crashes first.

want more e+e volunteers ask, but be prepared for some changes almost EVERYONE wants.

u just aint listening, taking our money.. but not listening.. wont get warhammer up without us.
why dont u direct ur frustration to mythic instead of sounding off here where no one from mythic actual resides also .. You dont pay mythics wages u pay to play an online game through an EU company namely GOA..
so ur in the wrong place dear boy.. try here http://www.camelotherald.com/index.shtml

Daedra

Fledgling Freddie
Best one has to be the LoS and pathfinding fixes. After 4 years+ with people whining, the actually consider fixing it :clap:

I voted for that one :eek:

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Thadius said:
That would lower profits and being America, they dont like
losing money

Only Americans that doesnt like loosing income. Rest of the world likes to loose income lolol

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:

You don't need people... one day people will actually start to realise this.
You need people who are familiar with the code base.

You could go hire 3 engineers off the street tommorow. They wouldn't start fixing anything for the first month or 2 in a code base that size.. in fact they would probably be more likely to introduce new bugs rather than fix stuff. With a new game coming out it simply doesn't make sense to spend several months training new people up with the DAoC code base. They are at the end of the day a company trying to make money, and the number of subscriptions they would get if they did it that they wouldn't get it they didn't do it, simply doesn't make business sense.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
I think it's a good idea them asking the player base for what they want, however the poll seems to be a veiled attempt to focus resources. As in, do we:

a) Make more add-on bits and improvements to keep people playing long enough before Warhammer (such as DR and all the extra PvE - and I think at least on exc, lots of people are just finding it a necessary chore atm)

b) Make some things more accessible so people will be able to get more out of the game for less time they spend on it (seems doubtful)

As mentioned by Ardas, revamp of SI and add hookpoints is weird - that's because they could easily do this and claim they 'listened to us' in the poll, simple and effective brownie-point play.

Norcott, he clearly wanted to display his frustration here - it has started a debate and therefore is of merit, and as many will note - does it mean GOA will listen?

Golena, of course it doesn't make business sense to hire the engineers, but as customers we have the right to ask if a service isn't up to scratch, which leads to.....

Konah - damn right. Fix the bugs first ffs

Nuff said ;)

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Daedra said:
Best one has to be the LoS and pathfinding fixes. After 4 years+ with people whining, the actually consider fixing it :clap:

I voted for that one :eek:
They have been continually tweaking LoS and pathing to iron out specific bugs, changes to pathing and LoS have been in nearly every patch since SI. All they're asking is 'Would you like to see pathing fixed instead of getting a crafting revamp' or if you prefer 'do you want us to drop everything else and fix this?'
I'd imagine pretty much everything on that list will happen sooner or later, they just want to see what the best order to do it in is - i.e. get the issues that people complain about most fixed first then deal with the rest afterwards.

People who whine about polls like this are also usually the people who whine about 'fluff' in patch notes 'Why are Mythic introducing trifecta instead of making my class pwn?' etc. You either want them to listen to you or you don't. If you don't then don't answer the poll and don't whine when Mythic prioritises something that isn't important to you.

Ethild

Fledgling Freddie
ilaya said:

No you don't answer a poll, because someone else already decides it, but that's basically what happens. Hospitals have finitie resources, and they need to be divided acordingly. In the same vain, Mythic clearly have finitie development resources, and so are asking which one to fix FIRST, not which one to fix ONLY.

PS: Car crashes are treated first.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Golena said:
You don't need people... one day people will actually start to realise this.
You need people who are familiar with the code base.

You could go hire 3 engineers off the street tommorow. They wouldn't start fixing anything for the first month or 2 in a code base that size.. in fact they would probably be more likely to introduce new bugs rather than fix stuff. With a new game coming out it simply doesn't make sense to spend several months training new people up with the DAoC code base. They are at the end of the day a company trying to make money, and the number of subscriptions they would get if they did it that they wouldn't get it they didn't do it, simply doesn't make business sense.
You know ppl have abilities called explaining and learning :>

I never said hire more ppl and bugs would get fixed tomorrow, that's just stupid xD

But with more ppl, they could have fixed alot more than they have done over the years..

Phantomby

Loyal Freddie
The thing that worries me is what was included in the poll, IE they ask if you want bugs fixing or class balance which i would say almost everyone in game is crying out for while in the same breath asking if you want some pretty graphics in the old never used areas.

Now i know they are trying to cater to everyone and some like pve and others rvr, but tbh the major USP of this game is the endgame rvr (or BG's) which is what keeps people playing for years. The sooner they recognise this and put their efforts into the right place the better for everyone.

Pitting your wits against another player is a buzz, doesnt matter if its chess, DaoC or whatever its differnt everytime. Now imo people only PVE to get the collection buzz, to have rare items others dont have or simply to enjoy an encounter with a hard mob, however after a while the accomplishment of doing an encounter decreases with the number of times you have done it. Its more likely these people will collect as much as they want to feel good about their accomplishments then move on to another game unless they find something else to pick their interest...and we're back to RVR again, where such people can use their top rare equipment to get an advantage over others.

so waffle aside, balance the classes and keep people pitting their wits in an even, fun and entertaining arena.

Maoix 50 SM Glast
Blinx 50 Ranger Cluster
Phantomby 50 NS Cluster
Other alts sleeping...

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Phantomby said:
The thing that worries me is what was included in the poll, IE they ask if you want bugs fixing or class balance which i would say almost everyone in game is crying out for while in the same breath asking if you want some pretty graphics in the old never used areas.

Classes are getting balanced in batches since the last 3 patches so this is happening.

Phantomby said:
Now i know they are trying to cater to everyone and some like pve and others rvr, but tbh the major USP of this game is the endgame rvr (or BG's) which is what keeps people playing for years. The sooner they recognise this and put their efforts into the right place the better for everyone..

They are though.. the new realm point changes make it easier for out the box charecters to get to RR5 and get alot of the essential RA to compete bringing more people into RvR.

Phantomby said:
Pitting your wits against another player is a buzz, doesnt matter if its chess, DaoC or whatever its differnt everytime. Now imo people only PVE to get the collection buzz, to have rare items others dont have or simply to enjoy an encounter with a hard mob, however after a while the accomplishment of doing an encounter decreases with the number of times you have done it. Its more likely these people will collect as much as they want to feel good about their accomplishments then move on to another game unless they find something else to pick their interest...and we're back to RVR again, where such people can use their top rare equipment to get an advantage over others...

This is fine on the ToA servers .. on classic though you only realy have Darkspire as a was of getting items. Revamp of the calisc zones with DS style items would make getting a complete RvR template abit more interesting. Plus after your sorted for RvR on classic thier is not alot else to do apart from DS (which you wil generally be sick of)

They just want to keep people interested in daoc until WAR comes out. People generally wont quit because of minor bugs. They will quit if they get bored of completeing the same contnent or the fact that thier charecter is redundent in end game content.

Keep people playing and you keep the revenue in to invest in the development of you upcomeing game.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
giv OF back for atleast a while so ppl can try it again and decides wich one they want and im happy :>

oh and wtf did they remove mastery of water!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom