Mythic /GoA take note....

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
this is how to advertise a MMO

if you dont want to play WoW after that then your either gay or dont like coke

p.s as true to the game... 3 allaince v 1 horde 4tehwin :twak:

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
No WOW graphics are really-really good, I just haven't found out how to turn off the Sega Dreamcast style I seem to be in atm.

(yes I've got one, and it rocksuz, better than PS2 imh))

Neo

Loyal Freddie
Job said:
No WOW graphics are really-really good, I just haven't found out how to turn off the Sega Dreamcast style I seem to be in atm.

(yes I've got one, and it rocksuz, better than PS2 imh))
Jet set Radio and Resident Evil CV :D ftw

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Mythic/ Goa can never afford a advertising budget like Blizzard can

No wonder they get more adverts out

But, it would be nice to see more adverts for Daoc. If clustering fails, I doubt that Mythic/Goa can pull another trick out of the bag :(

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Thadius mentioned it, GoA and mythic just don't have anywhere near the amount of money Blizzard has so they can't afford the extensive ad campaigns like Blizzard did with WoW.

Matteh

Fledgling Freddie
Imo the problem with trying to attract new customers is that people dont want to buy a game (SI) to find out they dont have the full game.. there are more expansions. They must buy the full set of games which is more expensive (not sure how much atm) but I guess its ok as long as they keep releasing 'sets' of all the expansions together but not to cost too much as I said before people dont want to have to go to all the trouble to spend lots of money on lots of expansions (ofc which are optional)

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
lol. ive never seen a WoW add thats been showing true ingame footages. its always some uber rendered video that really isnt showing shit how its REALLY like to play the game. sure the video was..... intresting, but it wouldent make me wanna play it if i wasent already a subscriber to it.

any game company thats to afraid to show the real game and must use rendered videos gets me nervous.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Matteh said:
Imo the problem with trying to attract new customers is that people dont want to buy a game (SI) to find out they dont have the full game.. there are more expansions. They must buy the full set of games which is more expensive (not sure how much atm) but I guess its ok as long as they keep releasing 'sets' of all the expansions together but not to cost too much as I said before people dont want to have to go to all the trouble to spend lots of money on lots of expansions (ofc which are optional)

lol, had that problem when i was looking at EQ a while back.. theres some 10+ expansions for that game... >.<

popa

Fledgling Freddie
well nice way too make publicity

btw mythic make publicity on webs like mmorpg.com but all most ppl who go on that page are mmo players

what about give daoc whit PC magazine on all contrys ?
remember alot of ppl get EQ on that way

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom