Mythic fixes Armsmen

Atheistic Archon

Fledgling Freddie
As you know, we need your feedback to make changes - feedback provided by people who have actually tried the proposed notes is especially valuable.

===================================

Dark Age of Camelot

Test Version 1.69n Release Notes

April 7, 2004

===================================

NEW THINGS AND BUG FIXES

- (Pendragon Only) Activating Sure Shot deactivates Rapid Fire.

- Infiltrators have been granted a single line respec as a result of the changes made to the Dragonfang thrust style in version 1.69a.

- Crossbows can now be envenomed by characters with the Envenom skill.
Source: http://www.camelotherald.com/more/1404.shtml.

Now with an Infiltrator-bot, Armsmen are once again viable in realm combat! :p

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
hardly fixing armsman, more like boosting infils when they so didnt need it, ranged debuffs/snare/dots/mez (from toa) heres how it will be for a little while (before vanish gets fixed in frontiers) shoot enemy with snare poison, vanish, PA.

lets hope this bullshit stays on the test server because its not needed

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I was going to give a long speech about my views on Mythic's 'balancing' and 'priorities' and a whole lot of other things.

Then after rereading that patch note I decided its not even worth it, why bother.

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Infil bot? did you know that the poison only lasts on the weapon until you hit something with it, so unless you keep the bot with you, you'd have to go back to atk for new poison all the time. So basically it doesnt do anything for armsman.

For infils this change is pretty good though.. ranged snare can be very handy, not like infils deserve anything like this tho.. :m00:

Alithiel

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm... didn't they make envenom effects wear off when an item is traded, to stop infils from envenoming weapons for other characters, a looooong time ago?

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Alithiel said:
Hmmm... didn't they make envenom effects wear off when an item is traded, to stop infils from envenoming weapons for other characters, a looooong time ago?
yes :>
lifebane in thidranki roxxed xD

Sohan_thc

Fledgling Freddie
:clap: So i can get envenom on my xbow ...
then what i got 1 shot with some form of posion on it.
really don't know why i should need that..
got snares i can interupt with 2sec shoot.

Maybe but Just MAYBE you can envenom a stack of bolds (100)
now that would be handy , some with dot . some stat dec. or even snare

adding in mind we can walk and shoot the thingie in the future
still the xbow does not have the potention it could have tho.

Next xmass wish: range to 1500 with pre loaded xbow and lifebane envenom.

LoL xbow a lurkie with snare , throw youre malice 2h axe to him and let him drop his weapon with youre harpy cloak............
shape shift into a panter and swollow the 2 pieces :clap:

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Sohan_thc said:
LoL xbow a lurkie with snare , throw youre malice 2h axe to him and let him drop his weapon with youre harpy cloak............
shape shift into a panter and swollow the 2 pieces :clap:

or just delete your armsman

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Oh its gonna be so funny to hear all these ppl sat outside atk looking for armsman to join there group once double speccing is nerfed in 1.70 and mythic finally sorts the armsman class out.

Ok I may be over optimistic, which is quite un-usual for me, but like an old King named Elessar once said "there is always hope!" ;)

I often wonder tho, how many paladins would be left in Albion if Mythic gave arms the same end chant as them.

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
Drav said:
I often wonder tho, how many paladins would be left in Albion if Mythic gave arms the same end chant as them.

Still plenty if the arms end chant was self only :D

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
armsmen can spec shield, armsman can get det. what seems to be the problem?

42 shield
50 pole or 2h
39 slash/crush or pierce

never played an arms but isnt that the sort of thing you would go for?

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
^ yes but that leaves a 1 man assist train, sometimes backed up by a pally and minstrel, wee

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Errr det nerf? frontiers? Sound familiar? With Merc's being so FOTM atm who'd pick an arms over a merc? Paladins have that end friendlyness so who'd pick an arms over a pala?

The point will be the same even more after Frontiers is patched that having an armsman in the group is a luxury rather than a nescessity.

Jeros

Part of the furniture
my first char one excal was a arms, got him to level 18 and rolled a mincer, 2 mins to kills somthing and 5 mins to regen hp, almost sent me over the edge :D

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Natswoo said:
Arms arn't gimped. :D

That isnt the point m8 ;)

The point is that every other melee class has some uniqueness and group friendlyness. Except for polearm and some stat differences, arms are just Paladins without chants.

Now try comparing a Mercenary to a Paladin and you have a whole different story.

Armsmen/women need something to make them stand out as a unique class, and they need something that makes them group friendly.

Heck I could put up with double speccing issues if I knew I was gonna find groups simply because I brought somethin to a group that no other class does..... but arms dont.

Melee dmg dealing roles have been taken over by mercenary's, then you have the endless stream of paladins that flow thru Alb like oil across blackpool pier.

TBH I doubt this is the fault of the arms TL like some suggest, its more down to the way that Mythic since launch have looked upon us as a finished class, and we've never been patched anything.... other than the odd pole combo nerfage.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Natswoo said:
Arms arn't gimped. :D

hahaha

they arent gimped

lol

funny ...............

cos they are.

got your /played on armsman to double digits yet?

Drav

Loyal Freddie
gunner440 said:
hahaha

they arent gimped

lol

funny ...............

cos they are.

got your /played on armsman to double digits yet?

Errr my 50 arms does pretty well, anyone whose finding solo as an arms hard should re-roll, soloing is boring and slow of course cos of downtime but still I have no prob soloing oranges.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Drav said:
Errr my 50 arms does pretty well, anyone whose finding solo as an arms hard should re-roll, soloing is boring and slow of course cos of downtime but still I have no prob soloing oranges.

lol?

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Drav said:

sure finish this off for me pls:

I made an armsman instead of a paladin for PVE because.........

Drav

Loyal Freddie
gunner440 said:
I made an armsman instead of a paladin for PVE because.........

Its saves gfx card trouble ;) no spell effects here jk

My point was m8, if arms are gimped, then hmmm how the feck am I soloing decent con???

Arms are not gimped.

Maybe you can gimp an arms sure, but the class in general isnt.

And I didnt make my arms for PvE I made him for PvP, but ya know.... ToA and that hehehe

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Also check this little bit of hilarity out from Herald pages -

Armsmen are the most heavily armed and armored soldiers of Albion. Their offensive and defensive capabilities make them formidable opponents in both the eradication of monsters and in the war against enemy realms. Armsmen may train in a wide variety of weapons, and are the only class able to use Polearms.

Armsman may also use crossbows. Short-ranged and slow-to-load, a crossbow’s primary use is to cause an enemy monster to charge the Armsman rather than his pajama-wearing mage allies. Crossbows are also useful in realm defense, allowing the Armsman to fire bolts down on attackers from atop a keep wall.

Hmmmm I didnt see any small print saying "Oh btw we at Mythic are complete liars, and altho this class sounds cool it'll really be a waste of your time both in PvE and PvP"

Xbow use from the top of keep walls? Can you say "Deathwish"???

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Drav said:

kallixbow.jpg

and

xbowkeel.jpg

have more but cba to look through all my screenshots :<

the moral of this story is:

XBOWS ROCK !!

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
Drav said:
Also check this little bit of hilarity out from Herald pages -

Hmmmm I didnt see any small print saying "Oh btw we at Mythic are complete liars, and altho this class sounds cool it'll really be a waste of your time both in PvE and PvP"

lol, post what it says for friars :clap:

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
clearly ciclya killed the last one and you just leeched the dm !
:puke:
:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom