Mythic feedback e-mail

X

xGenocidex

I sent an e-mail to mythic requesting some feedback questions and also sending some suggestions.. and here is the reply i got from Sanya weathers :)

First off i asked about general things to put peoples minds at rest (even tho it states at the top of this e-mail this is for the usa servers only and not GOA's servers.. but i figure goa won't do anything other than mythic says ? anyway enough of my mindless babbling :)

1. Will mythic ever consider adding Old frontiers back into dark age of
camelot?
(since i know ALOT of people would enjoy that)

2. Will mythic ever consider creating a 4th realm like
midgard/hibernia/albion
etc?

3. Will mythic ever allow buffbots on classic servers?

4. Will mythic create a battleground to entice the level 50 players to goto? (silly question that one i know although personally i thought it would be a decent place for people to solo rather than getting ass jammed in frontiers)

anyone those are the only questions i asked and now for the answers :)

-----

Sanya Weathers:

Well, I obviously can't speak for GOA and GOA's servers, so these answers do
not apply anywhere but the servers over here in the USA.

1. We will not put the Old Frontiers back on any existing servers. That's
not to say we're PLANNING a new server type with the Old Frontiers! We're
not! I'm just old, devious, and cranky, and I like to build loopholes into
my answers.

2. No, and wash out your mouth with soap for suggesting the worst balancing
nightmare since I tried to tiptoe across a creek with a broomstick for a
bridge. In my defense, a great deal of beer was involved at the time.

3. Since a buffbot is, by definition, a second account being run by one
person where the played character is used solely for buffs, then I must
truthfully answer that they are already allowed. But if your question is
whether or not we particularly want said characters to be USEFUL on the
classic server ruleset, then no.

4. No, but Walt just announced that we're building a 45-49 BG.

I passed your other comments to the producer.

If you decide to post what I've written, please send me a link, I love to
lurk.

the suggestions i sent were just things on classes like.. take a look at runemasters perhaps and a few other classes/other things that could improve the game ;D was very happy with the time it took for the reply tho was almost instant

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
sorry they were the worst questions ever - I could have answered most of them myself.

X

xGenocidex

DocWolfe said:
sorry they were the worst questions ever - I could have answered most of them myself.

well not really as said to put peoples minds at rest cause of the rumors floating around about OF etc..... but nm! read the thread next time ok?

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Its good that she answered.

Though you need to work on the questions ... 4th realm ... god give me strength.

X

xGenocidex

SkarIronfist said:
Its good that she answered.

Though you need to work on the questions ... 4th realm ... god give me strength.

Hehe the whole point in me sending that was to fill in some blanks on rumors that i've heard the past few days and other people have heard :p do not diss the questiosn they were merely to find out if teh rumors were true! :<

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Yep Mythic atleasts respond and fast. and in a funny manner.

Compared to we know what.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Did you send that link?

Is Sanya lurking here now?

Oh oh we have a celebrity lurking here \o/

/target Sanya
/worship

X

xGenocidex

Pirkel said:
Did you send that link?

Is Sanya lurking here now?

Oh oh we have a celebrity lurking here \o/

/target Sanya
/worship

Yes i gave her the link :p so yes she is probably browsing here :p

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
we need more us to troll eu, its here the business is! also nice replys imo :D

evzy

Can't get enough of FH
Best give this a nudge to the top - don't want Sanya thinking we are not bothered about teh replies over here in jolly ole blighty !!

Now send her an email asking can they implement a fix to give all char's called Evzy who play Alb on a clustered server a Staff of Ultimate Pwnage - nothing silly just say ooo I dunno , standard casting range for all spells to 10000, increases all damage spells by 500% and has a nice glowy bit on the end...o and a proc for anyone in stealth mode within 3000 that explodes into flaming fireballs and goes directly towards them and does 7000 damager (after resists)...

And skateboards...when are we getting skateboards in DAOC?

Mey

Part of the furniture
Sanya can i have your babies! (or you can have mine?)

Cheers for the replies, i imagine that introducing OF would only cause more whines than what NF does now so im glad that they wont be doing that.

Tualatin

Fledgling Freddie
They could introduce an INF (Improved New Frontiers) tho, as NF is alot better then OF with the current play style. This being agramon like.. but then closer portals etc.. like emain was back in teh days.

Also, what would be nice is, a non-groupable zone. Solo only :> ofc ppl can still hang together, but without grouping would be less benefitial. Clerics, Healers and Druids would be f0xx0red with this tho.

Another options is to FINALLY nerf PvP server. Remove ToA all together, atleast ML's, remove Darkness Rising, add buff ranges, remove Catacombs items, not the instances. Remove OP chars, bonedancer / vampiir being the lamest of all there. It should be a PvP server, where you shouldn't be bothered about spending 10 days /played working on a template to compete.. it should be about getting to 50 by killing, and at 50 stay killing. ToA release proofed this, PvP servers pretty much went byebye after ToA came.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe they could scale down terrain size by 10% :-o
...and keeps. And trolls.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Tualatin said:
[..] you shouldn't be bothered about spending 10 days /played working on a template to compete..[..]

Complete bullshit ... I recently rolled a fotm 2 hander paladin .. he was ml8, cl5, fully toa'd/templated in just over 3 days played.

And just now we rolled a runie for our rvr group and she was ml4 (speedwarp is all you need on a runie), fully toa'd/templated (and clweapon but not cl5 yet) in 2 days 5 hours... apart from some minor optimalisations like brittleguard and the powercharge on her CL staff she's fully ready "to compete"

If it takes you 10 days played you need to buy some skill :(

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Pirkel said:
Complete bullshit ... I recently rolled a fotm 2 hander paladin .. he was ml8, cl5, fully toa'd/templated in just over 3 days played.

And just now we rolled a runie for our rvr group and she was ml4 (speedwarp is all you need on a runie), fully toa'd/templated (and clweapon but not cl5 yet) in 2 days 5 hours... apart from some minor optimalisations like brittleguard and the powercharge on her CL staff she's fully ready "to compete"

well not everyone have a fg to help you out and can attend at ML rusches etc.

Gamah

Banned
I really think Sanya should browse these forums and actully take european opinions to mythic..we feel left out in the cold while americans decide our fate :> SO sanya if you are reading..start browsing and posting here!

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Cut it down to 2 towers per keep instead of bloody 4, make the whole NF smaller, and make agramon look exactly like OF- emain :)
Oh and fix Odins gate terrain - it's horrible, emain and hw is at least playable.

Now that would be some nice changes, and would redeem some of the problems caused by making NF way too big. Boats need a nerf though, either no boats, or 8 times as fast boats, because god taking a boat sucks! Also a portal to somewhere behind your own milegates in agramon would be nice.

Forfid

Fledgling Freddie
Pirkel said:

and you need to buy a LIFE

X

xGenocidex

Gamah said:
I really think Sanya should browse these forums and actully take european opinions to mythic..we feel left out in the cold while americans decide our fate :> SO sanya if you are reading..start browsing and posting here!

Agree to be honest :p

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Pirkel said:

this has got to be the single most ignorant and arrogant responce i have read in a long time.
If we want to go round poking people in the eye with our e-peens.
ml10, cl4 (i know but poc made me cry) fully toa'd spiritmaster in 3 days /played and thats messing around in bgs and a dragon raid for some money and rps. I'm sure someone else will come here and outdo me as i wasnt really trying particularly hard.

I would love to see you try do that all in 3 days without the following:
- Full group to support you
- Any money other than what you have farmed leveling
- Powerlevel group
- Any other characters other than the one you are playing

I didnt put buffbot above since pretty much everyone has one now

Back on topic, nice to see Mythic actually replying to these things and they dont fly into a black hole

Tilda

Pretty obvious answers tbh.

I wonder if Sanya knows that if she comes out of lurkerdom and registers an account, she'd get a special custom title! :p

/edit: Also, Sanya, European E&E in US beta-tests, please :D

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
;)
Tilda said:
Pretty obvious answers tbh.

I wonder if Sanya knows that if she comes out of lurkerdom and registers an account, she'd get a special custom title! :p

/edit: Also, Sanya, European E&E in US beta-tests, please :D

bum kissin at its best :p

Nah it would be fun to have her here I think. maybe take more ideas from euros than they are. currently zero i think

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Nerf Sanya never replies to the feedback I send in. Anwyays, I heard rumors about a new server type where they plan to use OF, perhaps that was jsut a rumor then?

Vladamir

FH is my second home
atos said:
Nerf Sanya never replies to the feedback I send in. Anwyays, I heard rumors about a new server type where they plan to use OF, perhaps that was jsut a rumor then?

Rofl a thane! :D

Chronictank

FH is my second home
atos said:

xGenocidex said:
1. Will mythic ever consider adding Old frontiers back into dark age of
camelot?

1. We will not put the Old Frontiers back on any existing servers. That's
not to say we're PLANNING a new server type with the Old Frontiers! We're
not! I'm just old, devious, and cranky, and I like to build loopholes into
my answers.

dear oh dear atos

atos

Fledgling Freddie
I'm sure I read it somewhere. =(

And less mocking the thane!