Mythic decide when EU servers get new patch ?

Ning

Fledgling Freddie
Coming patch

As we announced last week, the next patch coming to the European servers will be the version 1.68. The first files for translation have been received earlier this week and the translation teams are already working on it. Current schedule is to have the patch 1.68 on our servers by the end of April.
http://camelot-europe.goa.com/news/newsarticle.php3?id_article=1885

"The first files for translation have been received earlier this week"

Why did Mythic wait 1 month before sending the new files to translate ???!!!?
I think that by the end of April, US servers will be updated with the 1.69 patch. It seems Mythic don't want EU servers get the last patch (not to create competition between EU english speaking servers and US servers) ! :puke:

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
does seem somewhat odd 1.68 wasnt being translated (it is outsourced, afaik - at least ToA was outsorced says so in the credits if u look in the manual thing at back) straight after ToA release.

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
I thought GOA was already working on 1.68 :x

One month isn't that long to wait for the patch, but there're some ML changes which should be hotfixed sooner. If GOA can bring in hotfixes to make encounters harder(MW), they should've done the same with 1.68 changes which made the game easier(ML4.2, 7.2 etc)

Oddor

Fledgling Freddie
If you take a look at the 1.68 notes you will see that almost all of it are item, quest and trial changes. Therefore, the patch shouldn't require much translation at all (at least compared to other patches which introduce new zones or quests). Thus I find it strange that GOA plan on taking 6 weeks to translate that patch.

The current status of the game is leaving many players frustrated due to some ML trials being hard to overcome (ML3 dungeon and ML4.2) and I would have thought that this would give GOA another reason to introduce 1.68 sooner rather than later.

1.68 has been active on US servers for quite some time now and I find it hard to believe that GOA just received the first files for that patch, while they seemed to have received the Majestic Will hotfix pretty much the same day as it was applied on US servers.

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
If you read the periodic news accouncements, they said they introduced the ML4.2 trial fix from 1.68 as part of the last round of maintainence.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Hmm, there is no excuse for the translation team to be sat on thier arses for a month waiting on 1.68 which has been live for a month now. Can't really blame GOA though as Mythic hold the source code, that said GOA should be hounding them for it as soon as a new patch goes live.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Well, apparently 1.68 comes with a lot more undocumented changes. This isn't just a server-side patch.

Apparently, it also changes the packet encryption in the client (and ofcourse on the server). This is good, as it counter-acts cheaters (unless they've already broken the encryption). So with a bit of luck, no more radar hacks and what not.

So, maybe that's causing the delay, not sure which components are affected by this (I assume that game.dll only launches the engine, it shouldn't contain any language-specific things), but I assume that they need to get these technical changes over to the 'EU' version, if you get what I mean.

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
If you read the periodic news accouncements, they said they introduced the ML4.2 trial fix from 1.68 as part of the last round of maintainence.

There are a LOT more bugged trials/items atm though, which we cannot complete/use because we are not on 1.68

8.3 i think - Ibn the jini which splits into invulnerable wirlwinds that obliterate your group and dont reintegrate to Ibn.... Not even possible to MW it like the yanks did when it was bugged - as we got MW hotfixed.

One of the ML9 encounters is bugged (chain heals itself) this patch, GOA's only response is "take more people then...." - heh, cannot actually take more people as there are no more ML9 people (duh!).

Not to mention we cant start forming templates reliably because of the 1.68 item changes - majority of which are NOT documented by mythic or third party sites.

1.68 should be top priority, and gotten live faster than another month. If they cannot do this at least hotfix _all_ the bugged ML steps like they have done with 4.2

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Jenkz said:
Not to mention we cant start forming templates reliably because of the 1.68 item changes - majority of which are NOT documented by mythic or third party sites.

I understood most of the post, and hell - I agree about fixing the trials. However this left me a little confused, how is it that you know the majority of Artifact chances arn't documented by Mythic or 3rd party sites when... well, they arn't documented...

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Jenkz said:
There are a LOT more bugged trials/items atm though, which we cannot complete/use because we are not on 1.68

8.3 i think - Ibn the jini which splits into invulnerable wirlwinds that obliterate your group and dont reintegrate to Ibn.... Not even possible to MW it like the yanks did when it was bugged - as we got MW hotfixed.

One of the ML9 encounters is bugged (chain heals itself) this patch, GOA's only response is "take more people then...." - heh, cannot actually take more people as there are no more ML9 people (duh!).

1.68 should be top priority, and gotten live faster than another month. If they cannot do this at least hotfix _all_ the bugged ML steps like they have done with 4.2

word..

Sigurd

Banned
What the fuck is this "word" thing? People spam the US servers with it, just yet more pointless internet slang?

Ssera

Fledgling Freddie
Jenkz said:

how did the germans manage to do ml10 if it's all bugged?

Rediknight

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:

Shike, do you ever shut up?? i mean, mon!!! let some get a word in edgeways, will ya??? ffs... ;)

heh

anyways - i agree, theres a few things need sorting out at the moment, too numerous to list em all here, but i thought the reason we got these patches later, and the reason GoA hold onto them and test them so thoroughly was so that these bugs wouldn't exist by the time we get them - i have been told this by RightNovember'09, this is the reason we have to wait weeks after the US patch, even if the translating is done.

If this is the case, then what the hell have Mythic been doing with the code in the meantime?? Why do they bother employing beta testers from the states if they dont (apparently) do anything useful? If they DID report these bugs as an issue, then why did Mythic send GoA a known-to-be-faulty patch??? Thats some bad planning by ol' Mythic there if thats the real situation...

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Ssera said:
how did the germans manage to do ml10 if it's all bugged?

Yes the MLs have been done and - even post 1.68 - there are still bugs. Not everyone can do all the encounters even when they have done them before etc have all the notes about how they have been done etc and ... lo and behold ...sometimes people are still finding that they are unable to do them. Medusa (ML3) is a recent example, Phoenix (ML9) is another.

There do seem to be reports of things 'changing' that are not reported in the notes. Most worryingly is that this may be the result of Mythic programmers not fully comprehending the impact of the code changes that they are making - buff shearing being but one example.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Maybe Mythric takes so long to be sent as they do "hotfixes" a few times after patching, to fix bugs from the patch before sending to GoA to translate.
Would be alil annoying if they patched it straight off, only for Mythric to fix a few bugs, then GoA needing to translate what they did for everyone for that lil bug.

If its a case of not being able to translate fast enough, then why don't they employ better staff or more (yeah I know maybe up our subs, don't moan at me :p )

But I do agree, time diff from US and EU patch dates is just crazy.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Not only bugs that fucks us over when trying to do ml's bloody lag does it too. 40 people wiped yesterday in 5min after reaching ml4.2 loc then more and more died due to not being able to fight.

Wish we could get some news on what happends when a raid fails due to bugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom