Mythic conferm Savages are a magic using class!

D

duzic

Let me get this right does this mean they shud loose det? (n00b question i know)

T

Thorgald

well.. id like to see that magic pool savages are supposed to have..... and i still wouldent trust thge grab bag even if my life depended on it.. they have ben wrong so many times its silly....

and what the answer was, as someone stated above, u lvl up the ARTIFACT by killing magic using classes.. for example, wizards, cabalists, theurgists, runemasters, hunters, spiritmasters, bonedancers, mentalists, eldritches, enchanters etc....

and for the one that said that the savage self buff costs wasent the problem.. so u acually WANT then to be able to use that haste buff, Dps buff, Parry buff and evade buff, (the most used in rvr afaik) and be able to use a TG 2 hander 7.0 speed weapon and swing that at cap speed? determination isnt the problem for savages imo. the problem is that the self buffs are to cheap to use in end game rvr... by raising the cost and halving the duration timer savages cant (well they CAN but it costs then a shedload of hits) use their selfbuffs over and over again.. as each buff will cost some 200ish hits every 15 second.

SO if a lvl 50 savage use 4 of his/hers self buff, hes gonna go down 800 hits after 15 sec.. and i can almost bet on that a healer will HATE the savage that uses them over and over again.. i know i will...

if they remove determination from savages. then they should also be able to use those TG 2 handers. that AFAIK will also get removed from the savage.... atleast the really slow weapons...

but, unfortunatly, by "nerfing/fixing" the self buffs a savage are gonna have one hell of a time to solo XP as he more or less have to use those self buffs....

but thats just my view.....

/edit typos

C

chretien

Originally posted by Thorgald
but, unfortunatly, by "nerfing/fixing" the self buffs a savage are gonna have one hell of a time to solo XP as he more or less have to use those self buffs....

but thats just my view.....
Mythic don't care about solo viability. As they keep saying over and over again, the game is not designed to be played solo.

J

Jonaldo

Originally posted by chretien
Mythic don't care about solo viability. As they keep saying over and over again, the game is not designed to be played solo.
Agree, get a group.

C

cleptomaniac

True that, and we all get to see it in action every time the albs are rolling out from ATK :)

B

Belsameth

just mindlessly quoting a previous poster WILL get your postcount reset...

S

svartmetall

As they keep saying over and over again, the game is not designed to be played solo.
Oh good, so the Infil nerf will be along soon then?

Savages get nerfed hard in 1.65 (S/D/T/Q rate 'fixed' to the point where the quad hits you all cry about so much almost never happen and in fact Savages now single hit more than any other DW class [60%+ according to VN Board logs], HP cost of buffs raised AND duration halved, WS for 2H Savages nerfed, 2H Savages not allowed to use any weapon slower than 5.5 sec speed, H2H's horrific miss rate STILL not fixed) so the Anti-Savage Whine Militia will just have to find something else to bitch and cry about, I guess.

What's next, you whiners going to try and get Warriors nerfed? Healers? RMs?

C

chretien

Svart. Do you honestly believe that the savage as it is now is a balanced class?

K

katt!

Svart. Do you honestly believe that the savage as it is now is a balanced class?

you should see his threads over at vnboards ;o

F

Flimgoblin

the "horrific miss rate" on h2h was actually from a TL-test using a tester weapon which was later confirmed to be unenchanted.

C

chretien

The thing is I work with Svart, he's a good friend of mine. We obviously talk about DAoC at work quite a lot and we disagree on a fair bit - especially as I play Alb and he plays Mid. I've had the 'Savage needs nerfing' argument with him so many times and when we leave he seems to have understood and accepted the arguments I put forwards, even if he's not entirely sold, he seems to have understood the basic points against him. Then I get back to BW and find this sort of thing, it's like Jekyll and Hyde.

C

chretien

Savages have been subjected to more criticism because they are the most unbalanced class out there. Even the guy from Mythic says that if it was up to him he'd take a lot more away from them than he has so far (I can't be arsed to hunt for the link but it was in that thread where several people went and had a tour at Mythic - was posted about a month ago).
Infiltrators don't have an anytime stun, they have a reactive stun. I fail to see why you feel that a level 50 reactive stun style is more powerful than the level 42 anytime stun style the shield users of every realm get? Does the extra second make that much of a difference? And besides Infiltrators aren't the issue here, stop trying to fog the question.
I don't honestly believe that Mythic decide what classes get nerfed by weight of whine thread. I would hope that they go through logs, they talk to TLs and they see what's actually happening across the class as an average - not from a few screenshots of a quadhit with a critical. I don't believe you think that either so why bring up that argument again?
Even after the coming Savage nerf I fullly expect there will be more nerfs coming in for this most unbalanced class.

C

chretien

Originally posted by svartmetall
EDIT: You know, I just posted a whole thing about how Savages were balanced, especially after the incoming nerf, if Infils and Chanters were.

Then I read the post where Chretien accuses me of "Jekyll and Hyde" behaviour, and I realise there's no point at all in this.

And Katt? Shut your fucking mouth, troll. You have never posted anything coherent about svages except endless nerf cries, so give it a fucking rest. You got your wish, we're getting nerfed, so STFU.
Well funnily enough that's how it feels. We discuss stuff and I honestly think we've made progress. Then I find you're making the same arguments I've shot down already all over again.
Sorry if you feel that's harsh but it's almost like you wipe all memory of our conversations from your mind or something.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by katt!
you should see his threads over at vnboards ;o
And you should have the balls to post your character names, classes and servers like I do. Or stop trolling me, while hiding behind anonymity.

D

Dumle

Lets not jump to any conclusion about the savagenerf before we have seen it.
Thing to remember is that its not entirely true that the buffs will cost 2X as much now just because its halved in duration.
Im pretty sure I read somewhere that it will no longer be based on the unbuffed max HP as it is now but rather the current hp as the effects wears off.

So say that the guys has buffed 2000 hp and it costs 50% when his buffs wear off it will cost him 1000 hp if at full health (down to 1000).
If he on the other hand is down to 500 hp as a result of a mad beating it will cost him 250 HP.

This in correlation with the way it works now... Say 1500 unbuffed HP, 2000 buffed, effects wear off at full health he looses 750 (1250 HP left). Effects wear off at 500 HP left (Down to a glimmer of hope in the powerbar ;)).

(Please correct me if Im wrong here.)

Good or bad remains to be seen...

Just my 2 cents
/Dumle

Users who are viewing this thread