Mythic cleaning up the Aftermath

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/loadNews/3375

Every now and then in the world of MMOs, something goes wrong and causes developers and players alike a good deal of frustration. As reported yesterday, Dark Age Of Camelot began experiencing a number of issues when their patcher came back up. They seem to have things well in hand however, as their website shows various signs of the clean up.

Thank you Mythic for making GoA stay a patch behind :)

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
more arms love?

Item Notes

- Albion: The Artifacts Malice Axe and Battler will now be activatable as a Polearm Slash weapon. Currently players that have either of these artifacts in their prior forms can trade them in at Scholar Jarron.

Thats just gay like they should be able to have malice or battler now aswell.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Eh, how is that relevant to this thread, Gimmly, and for that matter, how is it "gay"? "More arms love" must be one of your most clueless comments yet. Armsmen are one of the forsaken classes of DAoC and minor changes like this, while nice, are hardly going to make them overpowered. :rolleyes:

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Belomar said:
Eh, how is that relevant to this thread, Gimmly, and for that matter, how is it "gay"? "More arms love" must be one of your most clueless comments yet. Armsmen are one of the forsaken classes of DAoC and minor changes like this, while nice, are hardly going to make them overpowered. :rolleyes:
Yes Arms are so gimped they only hit for 600 damage and wear plate and also can sprint while shooting you with a crossbow for 200 damage repeatedly? which hardly uses any end. Kagato :(

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
still...what has that got to do with this thread?

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
GimmlyTheDorf said:
Yes Arms are so gimped they only hit for 600 damage and wear plate and also can sprint while shooting you with a crossbow for 200 damage repeatedly? which hardly uses any end. Kagato :(

Kagato is rr8 and specced for solo destroy

Tafaya Anathas

Fledgling Freddie
GimmlyTheDorf said:

Yeah, armsmen are op, no doubt. Take away Malice and Battler from them and give chambers instead.

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
GimmlyTheDorf said:

Armsman is a weak class that is only good when played to its absolute optimum by strong players. Its more the case that you are a gimp gamer if you cannot see that, Which is funny because most people who cheat normally gain an advantage over their peers but for some reason you were still crap.

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Ballard said:
Armsman is a weak class that is only good when played to its absolute optimum by strong players. Its more the case that you are a gimp gamer if you cannot see that, Which is funny because most people who cheat normally gain an advantage over their peers but for some reason you were still crap.
lol theres no evidance that I cheat/cheated so who you calling a cheat? and arms are not gimped its just a load of ballocks from ppl that like to qq. Anyway sorry I hijacked the thread I won't post anymore in this thread. And let Kagato take a few swings at you then call arms a gimp class or any another ToAed arms not just the noobs in random toa armour.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
GimmlyTheDorf said:
lol theres no evidance that I cheat/cheated so who you calling a cheat? and arms are not gimped its just a load of ballocks from ppl that like to qq. Anyway sorry I hijacked the thread I won't post anymore in this thread. And let Kagato take a few swings at you then call arms a gimp class or any another ToAed arms not just the noobs in random toa armour.

there was plenty, do you you use them on your bard too?

GimmlyTheDorf

Banned
Raven said:
there was plenty, do you you use them on your bard too?
Erm no there wasn't get a clue befor you start saying random shit. I got banned for Advertising the sale of third party tools. And that was with hardly any evidance that doesn't break the EULA. That has nuthing to do with me cheating which ofc I never so with out proof fuck off?

GOA reserves the right to temporarily suspend or definitively terminate your subscription, effective immediately, in the event of:
- failure to respect the provisions of the DAOC Behaviour Charter, available to consult at the address http://www.camelot-europe.com.
- and more generally in the event of behaviour that GOA, at its entire discretion, judges harmful to its interests or to those of DAOC users.

Now stop Hijacking the thread?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
GimmlyTheDorf said:
Erm no there wasn't get a clue befor you start saying random shit. I got banned for Advertising the sale of third party tools. And that was with hardly any evidance that doesn't break the EULA. That has nuthing to do with me cheating which ofc I never so with out proof fuck off?
I might put this in my sig to remind you from time to time:
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager said:
Hello,

From the COC/EulA:

GOA reserves the right to temporarily suspend or definitively terminate your subscription, effective immediately, in the event of:
- failure to respect the provisions of the DAOC Behaviour Charter, available to consult at the address http://www.camelot-europe.com.
- and more generally in the event of behaviour that GOA, at its entire discretion, judges harmful to its interests or to those of DAOC users.

Legality
No illegal activity is permitted within the Dark Age of Camelot, on its site or more generally in the environment connected with the game. The encouragement of such activities or the supply of means by which such activities could be practised will not be tolerated.
It is forbidden to supply the means of access to software of an illegal and/or harmful nature (such as viruses or hacking/pirating programs).

That coupled with:

[05/09/05 21:52:52] [Login ID][Mrpenetrator]:[&send Encyptor look on ebay for user xxxx]
[05/09/05 21:52:58] [Login ID][Mrpenetrator]:[&send Encyptor see what im selling nub]

And that coupled with your trackrecord of griefing, crossrealming and encounter stealing will convince everyone you wish to take the "Legal steps" with that it is a lost case.

You had a couple of warnings. This time you weren't going to get a warning anymore.

Yours sincerely,
---------------------------------------------
European Dark Age of Camelot Community Manager.
Maybe not cheating, but selling and advertising a product without testing them, sure you didnt LOL!

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
You missed this part too Whoodoo

RoC said:
It is forbidden to indulge in hacking (pirating) activities and to encourage others to indulge in them. It is also forbidden to distribute software enabling such activities to be practised,

Belomar

Part of the furniture
You forget one thing, Gimmly; you actually admitted yourself to being guilty of the charges you were accused of. Sorry, but I don't think you can get yourself out of this one.

For reference, here is the important bit:
Gimmly said:
And the only reson I was selling the guide was to help make money for my new gfx card so I could play daoc with out lageing like a bitch. But I dont see why I should stop now V2 will be out soon with links to undetactable radars !! GoA brought it on there self.
Anyway, that's a bad hijack. ;)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
GimmlyTheDorf said:
Anyway sorry I hijacked the thread I won't post anymore in this thread.

GimmlyTheDorf said:

Someone is on extremely thin ice with me here, and hence will not be able to respond.

Get it back on topic guys. Anyone trying to bait people into getting banned may be banned themselves from this point.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
GimmlyTheDorf said:
doing 600dmg each 5mins compared to any other tank class that does 2k on dmg in the same time. :>

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
GimmlyTheDorf said:
more arms love?

Item Notes

- Albion: The Artifacts Malice Axe and Battler will now be activatable as a Polearm Slash weapon. Currently players that have either of these artifacts in their prior forms can trade them in at Scholar Jarron.

Thats just gay like they should be able to have malice or battler now aswell.

Don't know what your problem is GimmlyTheDorf but allow me to make a few points.

1) I only hit that hard when completely unhastened against classes my damage type is strong against, and with a slow 5 second + delay, soon as I start using haste buffs and procs to speed up im lucky to hit over 300.

2) No matter how hard I hit YOUR midgard warriors can hit alot friggin harder, with trolls having far far more strength and weaponskill and free two-hand spec, I have to sacrifice all my abilities to defend, guard and protect or have any groupability value to do what I do. Warriors get that for free and still remain more offensive, however few to no warriors on excal I know off solo and so don't get the same reputation, that doesn't mean they can't be as effective.

3) Little to no end? Wrong it costs a good amount to fire my crossbow and when I do im usually having to sprint to catch up, without a top end regen pot I will run out of end before catching up with a ranger trying to escape, the only reason I get away with it is due to Energising Aura ml, look it up, don't assume a class is over powered without checking what tricks they are using to do what they do.

4) Now getting to your original post, have you actually read that patch note fully?

Malice & Battler in SLASH damage only. Have you looked at the damage table for slash from an albions perspective? Its shit.

Virtually all midgards key classes are resistant as well as much of hibernia's support, the only thing Slash is actually good against is Midgard stealthers and zerkers, whilst hibs stealthers are resistant. Hero's and champs I believe are vulnerable but they are the last targets you should be attacking in a decent battle.

Slash is the absolute worse choice possible for Albion, it might be good for hibs or mids to pick but its the worse choice for albs, so much so im tempted to stick with my current pole so I can stay Crush.

5) Last but not least, More Armsmen love? when was the last time Armsmen recieved any love?

Never. Not since Release over 3 years ago, the only improvements Armsmen have ever had have been general heavy tank improvements ALL realms heavy tanks benefitted from.

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
kagato has respect because he plays the most gimped class in daoc - and has stuck with it, if he hits hard; and ive never been on the receiving end, its what he deserves imo

Huzzahs for kagato!

Boos for cheaters

and hugs for jupitus

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom