Mythic actually listens???

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
ToA Master Level Encounter Changes

We know that Trials of Atlantis Master Levels are considered just as much a part of leveling a character as standard experience, and because of this, we are looking at ways to make that process faster and less cumbersome. To start, we are now identifying the Master Level encounters that are most frustrating to you, and are streamlining them to make them easier and less time-consuming. I don't have any specifics for you at this moment, but we are as committed to making the ToA leveling faster, just as we are the standard leveling process.

We are also looking at other ways to make the process faster above and beyond making encounters easier, but I don't have a specific information for you at this moment. We'll keep you posted.

and

Underdog RvR Changes

To alleviate the situation where one Realm can dominate in RvR by taking all or most of the keeps and Relics, we plan to create a system where the more "control" one Realm has on the RvR battlefield, the harder it is for them to hold on to keeps and Relics.

- In order to make it more difficult to fully dominate a Realm in the first place, we will make it so you can no longer teleport from your Realm to the three "inner" keeps in an enemy Realm. You can still port to the four beachhead keeps.
and
- If a Realm controls many more keeps than the other Realms, now "flames" will appear on their realmwar map more slowly, and in extreme cases, not at all. This means that if a Realm totally dominates, they will not see flames on the realmwar map when the other Realms attack their towers and keeps. There is a middle ground when flames appear more slowly, giving underdog Realms time to assault the keep without everyone knowing about it.

I'm dreaming right? someone tell me I'm dreaming.. Mythic don't REALLY listen to their customers... do they?

Hotrats

Fledgling Freddie
- All captured relics will now be placed in one of your controlled frontier keeps (in your frontier only). Only one Relic can be placed in any given keep, and cannot be picked up by the same realm once it has been placed.

I thought that was quite a significant change as well! :)

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I hope it tells you what keep the relic's in so you don't have to bash down all 7 before you get lucky.

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe Rulke^^

But even if thats the case you can likely send in a stealther to look for it before assaulting.
Very nice that Mythic is working towards a sollution to the overpopulation problem in NF RvR :) Hope we get those changes implemented in the launch of NF over here.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
i dont think most of the "domminant" server stuffs will effect Excal .... looking at the RP's per realm "which i presume is what they will go from concerning domminance" excal is a pretty stable and even when it comes to rp's.

yes alb has the largest most consistant zerg (but as we all know ALL realms can and do zerg at times.) so it will be interesting to see what goa do with excal if it is similer then as to it is now.

altho those changes are imo very good ones for the game.

i can imagine the arguements now when alb has all relics and the L33T guilds are arguing as to whome's keep the relics should be held in :)

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
I assume they will go by population regarding lvling and by rvr keep status to determine the speed that attacks appear on the map.

Elnova

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
i dont think most of the "domminant" server stuffs will effect Excal .... looking at the RP's per realm "which i presume is what they will go from concerning domminance" excal is a pretty stable and even when it comes to rp's.

yes alb has the largest most consistant zerg (but as we all know ALL realms can and do zerg at times.) so it will be interesting to see what goa do with excal if it is similer then as to it is now.

altho those changes are imo very good ones for the game.

i can imagine the arguements now when alb has all relics and the L33T guilds are arguing as to whome's keep the relics should be held in :)

says the alb .. :p
now all they need to address is class balance,mid and hib pretyy balanced atm imho, alb maybe have a little too much spread out utility wise, giv cleric a cave type specline and a demezz, and pretty fair, and gif sorcs a fucking insta and nerf their range.

but albs on excal whine way too much about the inbalance it aint that big a deal, take alook at FC main grp ffs, a sorc that drops off stick and actually uses its range NO SHIT :eek6:

gj mythic tho, least they trying

flex

Fledgling Freddie
funny to see that when hib & mid are underpowered (in whatever way) mythic tries to fix it with big game changes withing 3 or so months.

Oh & a little comment about the sorc unsticking. You gotto explain to me how on inc, a sorc that is not leading, unsticks his grp (& i guess runs abit first before he stops or the 'unsticking' part is pointless) is supposed to win mezz vs an insta ? By unsticking & not immediately casting the mezz he's not using the 1 chance he has of winning mezz.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
reading it it sounded like the "getting more people in the realm" is entirely down to population but the "less flames etc. for the dominating RvR realm" is more down to how well you fare in RvR.

e.g. hib has low pop on excal so hib gets some boosts (not massive ones but medium I'd imagine)

but say mid dominate the RvR taking everyone's keeps - even though they're not the highest population - they'd still get the slower upgrades or whatever until alb/hib fought back and got their own keeps back.

NB. All examples are hypothetical and not to be taken as whaijne.

Also if they put in population fixing things separate to class balance it leaves them free to improve classes like armsmen and wizards (which till now would have people moving to albion or back to albion to play them, even if they were only made up to par) along with the other ones across all the realms that are sub par.

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
flex said:
Oh & a little comment about the sorc unsticking. You gotto explain to me how on inc, a sorc that is not leading, unsticks his grp (& i guess runs abit first before he stops or the 'unsticking' part is pointless) is supposed to win mezz vs an insta ? By unsticking & not immediately casting the mezz he's not using the 1 chance he has of winning mezz.
o_O

it's not that hard to unstick and cast
just push the back arrow stops you immediatly

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Elnova said:
now all they need to address is class balance,mid and hib pretyy balanced atm imho, alb maybe have a little too much spread out utility wise, giv cleric a cave type specline and a demezz, and pretty fair, and gif sorcs a fucking insta and nerf their range.

but albs on excal whine way too much about the inbalance it aint that big a deal, take alook at FC main grp ffs, a sorc that drops off stick and actually uses its range NO SHIT :eek6:

you never tried alb thats for sure.

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Asha said:
o_O

it's not that hard to unstick and cast
just push the back arrow stops you immediatly

Well rnp usually leads groups so he doesn't need to unstick and that's what he mean I think :)

PS: Oh, and these look good. I think not stating which keep relics will go too would be best. Search and you will find! :)

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
Fana said:
Hehe Rulke^^

But even if thats the case you can likely send in a stealther to look for it before assaulting.
Very nice that Mythic is working towards a sollution to the overpopulation problem in NF RvR :) Hope we get those changes implemented in the launch of NF over here.

I can almost imagine [gol]herbal QQing here about the anti-zerg realm changes, who also said that 'amagawd ae sheers are GTAE' :p

Glottis

Fledgling Freddie
Elnova said:

Crawl back into some other savage ahole pls, talking utter and complete crap about Albs not knowing how to play sorcs, but of course the Mid healers are just much more elite. Has nothing to do with speed 6 and instant mezz being better than bolt range mezz....
You probably think savages are just fine... just like zerkers where just fine...
Regards, Glottis

Iswind

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis said:
Crawl back into some other savage ahole pls, talking utter and complete crap about Albs not knowing how to play sorcs, but of course the Mid healers are just much more elite. Has nothing to do with speed 6 and instant mezz being better than bolt range mezz....
You probably think savages are just fine... just like zerkers where just fine...
Regards, Glottis

Ohh Hi Glottis im so glad you could join this thread :touch:

Eva

Can't get enough of FH
Elnova said:
and gif sorcs a fucking insta and nerf their range.

As long as sorcs are in cloth armour and caster hps they should have 1875 range mezz imo. I don't care if we get an insta we still die in 1 second when our insta would be down

M® Zîllâ

Fledgling Freddie
Im actualy really looking forward to this it may be a hidden blessing in disguise if the populations even out a bit cuase albion's RvR utillty problems may get looked at once and for all (fingers crossed) :cheers:

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Elnova said:

and me being an alb means??

yes alb rvr grps aint as strong as hib/mid .
but the fact remains even tho alb has the biggest population (allbeit not as much advantage as it used to be) the RP's per week gained by each realm is pretty stable and nobody is dominating the rp count. all 3 realms are pretty well even.

hence imo come those new nf changes IF .. its still the same as it is now... nobody will be dominating rvr... sure alb zerg might have all the relics (imo we need em to be more competitive). but im sure we wont be domminating in rp counts.

but im sure only time will tell cos there will be big changes to excal rvr come NF.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
best thing is not being able to port to 3 furthesr enemy keeps. e.g u cant port to cracuhon crimthainn or Bolg.. return of the fg fights :worthy:

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Pop imbalances - check
Relic dominance - check
Teleport limits - check

Just needs class utilities to be sorted and things are looking damn good :D

Divinia

One of Freddy's beloved
Flimgoblin said:
reading it it sounded like the "getting more people in the realm" is entirely down to population but the "less flames etc. for the dominating RvR realm" is more down to how well you fare in RvR.

e.g. hib has low pop on excal so hib gets some boosts (not massive ones but medium I'd imagine)

but say mid dominate the RvR taking everyone's keeps - even though they're not the highest population - they'd still get the slower upgrades or whatever until alb/hib fought back and got their own keeps back.

NB. All examples are hypothetical and not to be taken as whaijne.

Also if they put in population fixing things separate to class balance it leaves them free to improve classes like armsmen and wizards (which till now would have people moving to albion or back to albion to play them, even if they were only made up to par) along with the other ones across all the realms that are sub par.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! m8, lets hope for the best, i know atleast you and hopefully I is gonna enjoy rvr after NF in wich chase :))

blaze

Fledgling Freddie
Glottis, same person as always.. doesnt know shit about the game and only have played one class

Regards, Blazie

Calo

Part of the furniture
Bracken said:
Pop imbalances - check
Relic dominance - check
Teleport limits - check

Just needs class utilities to be sorted and things are looking damn good :D

u will bang ur head on this one , u really will :flame:

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
Oh lovely, now the game is turned into 24/7 keep sieges in order to get any relics. Hurray for fun RvR.

Drav

Loyal Freddie
Kagato said:
Oh lovely, now the game is turned into 24/7 keep sieges in order to get any relics. Hurray for fun RvR.

m8 your a melee class, fun RvR ends when they patch NF ;)

Oh and just if anyone wants a free laugh Mors is still arms TL, think eventually only arms left on excal will be me, Jimmythepost (if he can put up with being nuked to death from range over and over while tryna use his xbow), and yourself m8....

Im not even gonna whine, infact I think its got to the point where its heading to a badness you just have to laugh at.... or go completely nutball.... which way Im head Im not sure yet... Altho Im sure after my 5 billionth range death my nice cute carbon steel katana will be flying straight thru the monitor into the back of the wall...

Oh deh joys of being an armsman ;)

tierk

Part of the furniture
Jpeg[LOD] said:
but the fact remains even tho alb has the biggest population (allbeit not as much advantage as it used to be) the RP's per week gained by each realm is pretty stable and nobody is dominating the rp count. all 3 realms are pretty well even.

Things as they stand at the moment maybe but not when NF comes out and the alb "solers & lfg" ( zerg) will be in full effect. I would imagine the reason they bringing in these changes is because they have seen a serious problem with server balance and the idea that alb should have "All" the relics so they can compete just goes to show the crap attitude of some players who want it all to easy? Why dont u just ask mythic for a inter-continental ballistic missile only avaible to noob players that want to play in E A S Y M O D E.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom