My thoughts on the Tanks Life

Sturrm

Fledgling Freddie
Decided to post my recent experience as to what happened.

5 days ago i spent 3 hours in DL searching for a group and guess what i found one, went on one run, group got wiped half of the group logged.

Someone asked my to try WoW so i been there for the past 5 days.

During my stay in WoW, Mov tricked me into logging into Daoc for a few Emain runs but this time instead of logging my Champ he gave me someones acc and asked me to log an Eldritch. Was my first time playing an Eld (any mage for that matter, been playing for a long time but hate casters).

Well i half heartedly ran to emain with Fitzg (Bard), Lanai (BM), Pelocha (Eldritch, played by me). The whole time complaining that im a noob caster and we gonna die, i suck etc etc etc.

We got to emain and there he was a Highlander Mincer, Lanai Charged in, i DD (Light specced) and pounded the Mincer for 7xx +3xx. For the next 2 hours the damage was constant, 7xx, 8xx, Not counting crits. Casting speed was sick. Tanks would charge on me, 2 Brittle Guards, 1 BT…. Finally they would hit me for 4xx.

Basically what I have found (and im sure peeps will flame me etc) With BodyGuard, BrittleGuards, BT, BoF, a tanks life is a miserable one.

You charge in, go for the sorc so he doesn’t spam mez and interrupt casters in my group. Moving around, strafing, doing all times of annoying shit just to get in an Annihilation that hits a fooking brittle, by the time all brittles are dead u have a pain in the ass Paly standing next to the mofo. U change target and guess what, the fooking Paly is stuck on u hitting u for a pathetic 1xx damage but chasing u to ur next target for the next Bodyguard. Finally u decide that this is too annoying so u cast Snaring Tendrils….. Guess what, casters don’t like Snaring Tendrils….. They look at u with very unhappy faces and BOOM ur dead in 3 secs cause the Tendrils ran out on them but ur still stunned and they have just cast 3000+ damage in 3 secs.

If u run in Tank group u always have the same thing in mind, If ur MA ur thinking “I hope this guy assists me, I really hope he does” U charge into battle , perhaps get lucky on the jump bring a mofo down to 15% hitpoints ….. Instaheal….. Assister shows up bring him down to 15%…… Bodyguard….. Rinse and repeat.

Im not sure if I have expressed what I learned from my experience playing caster and yes this post is very long.
The final summary is as follows:

Caster wipes his ass with Bodyguard.
Caster wipes his ass with Brittleguards.
Caster wipes his ass with BT.
Caster doesn’t need to be assisted.
Caster doesn’t need positional styles.
Playing a caster for the short time I played, I thought I was actually playing Counterstrike, Aim and fire.

Tank is a fooking headache, lets see what happens in NF.

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah, like judging caster life on a single-late-nite-run tells a lot, u were biased that nite, u are biased now. Sure enuff toa boosted mages and nerfed the brainless-tank/assist-train mode... u just gotta analyze and evolve at some point ~~

Its the war of interrupts, if ur impressions were as simple as aim and shoot, obviously u didnt have a single 'real fight', nobody doubts that a 'free' caster will unleash hell on a matter of seconds (a good one at least), but good support/tanks (and heck, even pets ;p~) will effectively nullify a caster grp by constant interrupting, whereas tanks cannot b interrupted in their 'slow'/agonizing/consuming rinse and repeat :D

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
btw.. turn on ur cell, check ur mail or fucking log on msn fag.

Mastade

Fledgling Freddie
/wave Sturrm...

You will fu*king rock in NF - come join my grp.. im gonna make bad ass tank grps xD aotg and static tempest and twf and all sorta crap that will piss any caster off and insta kill em

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
>You will fu*king rock in NF - come join my grp.. im gonna make bad ass tank grps xD aotg and static tempest and twf and all sorta crap that will piss any caster off and insta kill em

heh perhaps those silly scythe wielders will get a few more groups too since they get a couple of nice RAs

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
People allways saying tanks r dead ect, dark age of castalot , no one will play tanks in NF. Scuse me but.. are u going to ram a keep door down with 8 mages ? are u going to melee all the keep guards to death with your staffs once they get on u with repops? are u going to stand at your seige equip firing your treb and survive a PA from a stealther ?

Tanks are not gonna disapear in NF , u run an 8 caster grp and see what happens..

prolly eat these words cos an 8 caster grp prolly rocks lol, but hey :p

not sure why i posted that cos its not really what the post is about, but its not all doom and gloom. As a cleric id rather have a bunch of tanks protecting me then some silly caster <Btw im very biased and dont like caster classes as u can tell > ^_^

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
Well casters life.. hmm .. I love it.. not thats its easy.. cuz its really not :)
And against NP normal setup (tanks) we are chanceless duo to their evil interupts :)... As far as i see it, we all need eachother.. I mean mages need tanks for protection etc.. tanks need mages for damage output.. bm´s deal allright damage aswell tho ;)

Actually my favorite grp setup (so far) was 3bm´s assisting and interupting.. me(eldritch), bard, 2x drood and a bg warden :)... hard to kill .. heavy damage and good interupts ...

Ogen said:
Well casters life.. hmm .. I love it.. not thats its easy.. cuz its really not :)
And against NP normal setup (tanks) we are chanceless duo to their evil interupts :)... As far as i see it, we all need eachother.. I mean mages need tanks for protection etc.. tanks need mages for damage output.. bm´s deal allright damage aswell tho ;)

Actually my favorite grp setup (so far) was 3bm´s assisting and interupting.. me(eldritch), bard 2x drood and a warden :)... hard to kill .. heavy damage and good interupts ...

could ofc just nearsight the archers and mez the guards...

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
ehe pretty sure u just quoted the wrong post :D

Sturrm

Fledgling Freddie
Hey Loffr my little honeymuffin, been at work all day having problems with pc and couldn't log on to msn, although i been logged on msn everyday since i went WoW..... in case u decided to check for me, although i know old habits die hard and u r running the fooking old client and can't alt+tab.

Yes i know im biased atm and running late night is not the best comparison but..... Seriously running with an Eldritch..... Sneezing on a fooking brainless hotbar button number 1 and pumping out 2000+ damage in 3 seconds.... Hmmmm kinda reminds me of DoubleFrost. Add in that i have been MA in our groups for years (You should know that) kinda makes for a serious killing machine.

So yeah being a Champion Master of Interupt may be my future but honestly being the GrandMaster BrittleGuard Assasin is not my cup of tea.

I will log on as soon as NF is up to Run with u ofc, cba asked to leave my Guild behind just cause of my current Bitterness/Frustration/Noobishness/QQing.

nobody doubts that a 'free' caster will unleash hell on a matter of seconds (a good one at least),

I used to like to unleash hell myself, wtf happened to Daoc, dont u remember the Green Champ Duo?

How would u feel if u were told now, hey man, hmmm forget about trying to kill peeps, just kinda run around and bother them a bit like an annoying Mosquito K, let the casters do the killing.

Honestly, it seems my poor Champ is dead and the only Light i see at the end of the Tunnel is a fooking LightSpecced Eldritch.

The grass always "SEEMS" greener on the other side, Unfortunatly maybe this time it really "IS" greener.

C u ingame or on msn.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
lofff said:
Sure enuff toa boosted mages and nerfed the brainless-tank/assist-train mode... u just gotta analyze and evolve at some point ~~

Its the war of interrupts

caster assist is just as brainless imo

Ogen said:
As far as i see it, we all need eachother.. I mean mages need tanks for protection etc.. tanks need mages for damage output.. bm´s deal allright damage aswell tho ;)

in the way you put it its wrong ;o the tank does not need the caster, but the caster needs the tank for protection. Its boucing ball where 2 people is needed to keep it bouncing... in that sence, the tank is just a wall and the caster is the one bouncing the ball (if any follows me ;-D)

lofff

One of Freddy's beloved
Huntingtons said:
caster assist is just as brainless imo

sorry but, until the day casters are able to ignore attackers and nearly anything happening around them (even CC) and just focus on terminating the given target by that genuine /assist macro, ur post will remain classified as clueless spam.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
lofff said:

sorry but, until the day casters are able to ignore attackers and nearly anything happening around them (even CC) and just focus on terminating the given target by that genuine /assist macro, ur post will remain classified as clueless spam.

ah yes ;p almost mindlessly ;p they might get interupted but they also kill alot faster than a svg assist train usually ;O

/edit

and in those cases of caster assist, the grp setup is important ;o

(and nerf ;< i didn't only post what i said about assist ;<)

Llixeraxu.

Fledgling Freddie
Sturrrm..

Man.. i feel for you i really do.

If i ever see you sitting in DL Id group you up:p

You gotta play a champ or a class in a similar position. to know how this frustration feels.

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
I agree, tanks life is a hard one. Ill give one small example... ive dueld a couple of the best heros hib has to offer with my eld, thanks to 2 brittle guards and a blade turn I dropped em both before I got one interupt. Yeah sure, they could have used other tactics but its a good indiciation of what happens when an unprepared tank takes on a mage in rvr these days...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom