My story so far

R

Raining

First of all, this is what I have seen the last few days in the beta, if Im wrong somewhere, feel free to correct me =)

I havent played AC1, so its hard for me to tell u about differs from that game, but I have played DAoC and untill now I am sure this game is far more than DAoC will ever be.

I started out last night, created a human rouge... errr archer... went through some training ground and found meself killing whasps. Not that exciting but safe exp atm.

As I advanced to lvl 3 I thought i might as well move on and have a look at what lay ahead.

Now here the trouble started as the amis started to wake up and crow the server... or so it seems as the ping rose from 200 to 2000. =(

I tryed to play a little more, but had to give up as my avatar just stood there looking at the mobs.

--- One night of peaceful sleep ---

Back in the saddle this morning I realised 9 am was a bit to early... still monster lag and nothing else to do than wait...

Thats the scary bit, here comes the funny:

I resumed playing at 12 o'clock and the lag had disappeared!!!

WWEEEEEEEEEEEE ! was my first thought, and I was right...

I lvl ed my scout thing to 5 - 6 and 7 pretty fast and everything went smooth. Then someone told me about this "Vault Quest" ...

"Uhhhh exciting" I thought and went on... found the "key" and headed for the entrance.

Now, I am used to DAoC and x,y coordinates, so u can imagine my surprise as I found myself completely unable to find my way around...

The coordinate 34S,3.1E could as well had been on the moon, and I ran around for an hour or two. This was actually good cause I gained lvl 8 there and saw many strange, yet interesting places.

As I finally had the brains to hit F1 and look under compass all was clear. The world has a center ( 0,0 ) and from there all coords start. So I was somewhere in the NW sektor and had to go south to get to the SE sektor.

Oh happy days: I found the entrance and... the portal is broken !!! :(

ANTICLIMAX !

Well I went on my exploration again and found more strange places. New mobs too and even another level.

So with my lvl 9 archer (its called archer I think) I met a nice guy called Barf ... he gave me a bow and some armor and told me to spend some xp in Crit Strike and Point Blank and I did....

Now I suddently could kill everything with ease, but the lag issue was sneaking up on me! Barf went LD, I ran abit wawy from the dungeon I had found, and the trouble disappeared...

Well didnt all go away, but the lag stopped.

Found another dungeon, entered it and was slaughtered due to lag and 5-6 new mobs =)

So my story for today ends with me sitting at the Lifestone just outside the Vault Dungeon I couldnt enter earlier today =)

Hope to find out alot more for u guys tomorrow...

Sleep well...

Najni the Archer

L

Louster

WELP MY STORY SO FAR:

Spent a fairly long time downloading the client on a single-line ISDN connection. Get through a small amount of preliminary patches. Fail to connect to either "world" (one being full, one just not working properly or something). Eventually connect to the previously full one. Get 75% of the way through this last stage of patching (or whatever the hell it is). Both worlds go down. Authentication servers go down. Servers come back up. I retry and get another bunch of small preliminary patches (there are like 4 different patching stages, weirdness). Get most of the way through and hit a killer bug. Patch is trying to copy a file to an nonexistent folder (and unspecified, so no sneaky create-the-folder-yourself-ness). Impossible to get past. Is late. Am going to France tomorrow to get my intestines investigated. No computer in France. Will try again in 4 days time.

N

nocte

for one of the dungeon quests you need to have done the Oblisk quest, as at the end of it you get Glyphs that you need to drag onto the portal in order to get through :D

it was weird yesterday when i was playing. I faced one way to kill a mob, then whilst still in the same position faced the other way and couldnt hit the mod due to lag :clap:

but yeah i am coming from DAoC too and ac2 is by far the superior game.

well that is untill SW:G comes out :D

R

Raining

siiigh

Well another day has arisen and I went to play some more AC2.

Green server was full, so I had to go to red server. Well no problem, one of me mates had gotten in too, so we made new chars on red.

I made a human SS (Sword n' Shield) and he made my precious (Archer). We played through the training area without finding eachother and I actually thought we had connected to two different servers, BUT it seems ac2 has many twin worlds in the training areas... so u dont have 1000 n00bs in a place as small as the training world is. I think there were like 10-15 ppl in my world and about the same in his.

After getting past lvl 4 and into the "real world" we found eachother and started the obelisk quest (first "real" quest imo).

Lag hit us like a hammer and suddently we got the "Server going down in 2 mins"

AAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH !!!!

So the server went down and the official statement is: Be back wednesday or thursday.

Well nutting else to do than write here and annoy ppl irl =)

To be continued :)

:m00:

R

Rg.Roller

I also am looking towards AC2, ive watched alot of the gameplay on my housem8's pc, i heres another daoc junkie inc to AC2 :D

/me orders GF4 (kinda need it for AC2) :)

S

Sharma

can ya still get the beta or will i have to wait for full game...?

L

Louster

Uh well if you had a fileplanet subscription you could get into the sort-of-open-but-not-quite beta, but not anymore because they've used up all the slots or something.

On another note, I've gotten stuck at level 9, have not been able to find any groups, have been wandering around aimlessly not able to kill much. The music system is nice though. Uh.

N

nocte

i am currently at lvl 11, found a nice mob of lvl 9's which lvl'd me twice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom