My PHP is not working! HELP!

T

Tempy_Incursion

I have setup phpBB before for testing but not to use on any site, if I could get to view your site I would try and see what is wrong with it. :)

O

old.BurnRicers

weel, It is a ok now!

Thanks for the help figured it out.

I did not know BW did not have DB,

T

Tempy_Incursion

So where have you set up a DB now? (if any)

O

old.scorchg0d

yeah i need the same thing a database. i set up the install file etc chommod etc. then go to install.php and it asks for database info. then no matter what i do it gets a 404 error

heeelp

O

old.Atrax

Correct me if I'm wrong but phpBB requires you to have MySQL access for your database, now, seeing as about 0.00000001% of the free webhosts out there provide you with mysql i doubt barrysworld will either, mysql needs quite some power to run and is pretty expensive to have running so that's why you don't have any access to it, for instance this vB board needs mysql to work.

The database is needed to store all the information on such as members, topics, posts etc etc, if you want to have a forum for your site(that needs mysql) you're probably gonna have to get some "real" webhosting(payed for) or something fancy that larger gaming sites have that has free space and are sponsored by someone, bla bla bla
i'm probably not making any sense now because i don't wanna read what i just typed, anyway.. :)

T

Tempy_Incursion

I made a non-mysql board once but since I've been doing MySQL, I haven't needed it much lol :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread