My PC is dead, help :(

Sparda

Fledgling Freddie
As the title realy, PC will power up, all lights and fans start up, the HDD sounds like it starts to be accessed then it stops.
Everything stays lit up ( HDD light and CD rom drive lights stay perma on) or spinning (the fans that is) just nothing else happens, no piccy at all and no Beeps from the bios... but i think i turned them off a while ago cause the startup beep kept waking my otherhalf up :confused:

Tryed swapping the GFX card, taking out the ram and running with 1 stick, then changing sticks to see if any are faulty, swapping the HDD but tbh ive never done that before and the new one was brand new so meh it could be the HDD still.

So any info, ive never had this before and tryed everything i can, no bios screen shows so i cant even boot into safe mode. cant even get it to read the damn windows CD, Help :(

Ballard

Fledgling Freddie
Sounds like your motherboard has fried. Either that or your PSU is stuffed, but if that is completely blown lights wouldnt go and it would probably take your mobo down with it.

confused

Can't get enough of FH
As other have said, sounds like the mobo has gone, unfortuneately mobo's have a nasty habit of taking things down with them... Typically CPU is the first thing, and psu's also have a habit of going aswell possibly starting the problem. So check psu rails using a multimeter, only way to test cpu is to stick it in another working settup, same with ram and gfx card.

As you mentionned that your HD spun up I can only presume that it is fine, but if you're testing everything else, you may aswell test that also.

Hope that helps

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Something that occasionally works :

Leave it plugged into the wall, but switch off the plug at the mains (so it's still earthed, but can't get power)

Then switch it on.

That'll discharge nasty static buildups.

Then turn on at the plug, and switch on again.

Sometimes works, and great when it does.

Darzil

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Double check theres no debris fallen and is shorting the board loose screw etc

Any diagnostic LED's on the board or visual indicators?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom