My impression of VC

X

Xtro 2.0

K

Well I bought it yesterday.

Realised there was a patch (could we have link to that in the sticky thread?) and already knew about that Indian map thingy so grabbed that too.

First impressions - runs fine on my pc (blah blah up to date specs blah blah), nice touch having the 60's music.

Jumped straight into multiplayer (CTF) and had a bit of fun on the preview server then some german ones. Got stuck on a tank which didn't impress me much (team mate helpfully blew me up to free me) and sometimes it feels a bit awkward/sluggish when jumping on ledges etc. Fun though and thats whats important.

Something about the graphics engine is bugging me and I can't put my finger on it.

Single player was suprisingly decent too, harder than I expected (damn VC traps :)). As someone's already said a VC single player campaign would be v welcome (my fave bits in We Were Soldiers are in the NVA caves).

Anyway its good but I found myself this morning quitting after an hour's MP and going back to MOHAA. Hmm.

T

throdgrain

Type showfps 1 in console. All your problems will then be revealed m8 :(

X

Xtro 2.0

Ta mate I did just that - averaged 45-50 fps which is ok yeah?

Since I posted above I've played quite a bit more MP and completed the first SP mission (long aren't they? :)). The SP really suprised me actually it was much more fun than I imagined, damn VC traps :).

Anyway enjoying MP more and more, except the maps seem to be a bit hit and miss. One RW map (in a swamp) was HUGE, I spent 20 mins trying to find someone :/

Its fun, considering joining a clan tbh.

T

throdgrain

yeah I really like the MP, though that swamp map, (ambush I think its called ) is a bit of a disaster.
I really like the jungle maps, Stream ,Storm etc. Your fps is perfectly acceptable, its the variation that annoys me, mine goes down to 30- 4o, but shoots up to 100+ as well, and all this in the same area, it just depends which direction you look in.

W

Will

I've been sticking to the single player game so far. I got really sucked into the game on Saturday, played from the start right through to the night mission without stopping.

But who had the bright idea of a mission totally in the dark? I can't see anything, and my squad of AI goons keep stopping, with the pointman telling me he is waiting on the others.

Tell me there is a simple solution to this mission. Please.

T

throdgrain

You know me and single player things Will.
i never got that far :)

X

Xtro 2.0

Ok I'm now an addict. I've played on a few more servers and the jungle maps are easily the best although I'm still not sure of the names.

Starting to get a bit better, found it much harder than MOHAA (I normally rack up 100+ kills on TDM) which is only a good thing imo.

As for single player, I enjoyed the first mission but the second (where the VC attack your base) has me foxed as like Will I can't see a DAMN THING! The manual talks about glowsticks or something - am I missing something as I can't seem to use them.

Help meh :)

Wouldn't mind playing MP with you two sometime btw.

/edit: I prefer my original thread title as it summarizes my laziness but np Mr Mod.

W

Will

The one you are on isn't too bad...just turn your flashlight on and you'll be fine.

X

Xtro 2.0

Originally posted by Will
The one you are on isn't too bad...just turn your flashlight on and you'll be fine.

How? :) I just can't find it in the manual.

/edit: btw VC cost me £16 at my local indie :) Game had it for £29.99 :|

W

Will

Its in Options -> Controls -> Advanced -> Summat I can't remember.

It could be L to switch it on though.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom