My first RvR brag post. Moohoohoo.

A

Apathy

Mwahaha.

Now, as a sorcerer I generally don't have much fun in RvR and I don't go to Emain much. Everyone has purge, everyone has instants, everyone has more than 2hp...you know the usual Alb whinges.

But today was just great. :D Heading towards MMG with some zergerwannabes, they were all going through the trees when I saw a group of Mids heading parallel to us towards AMG, down on the hill.

Switching into Panicky Sorcerer Mode, I clicked on the nearest big thing (They're trolls, yeah?) and QC AoE mezz and...they all stopped moving. That kinda confused me so I waited for a few seconds for them to purge and then took off all my cloth armour so that it wouldn't get damaged in the 0.0001 seconds of fighting about stomp all over my ass.

For some reason, they still stood there so I thought "They're faking it. They want me to get a little closer." so I rooted them just in case. I mean, no way where they all mezzed. Can't fool me!

So, a few more seconds of looking at them stand there whilst I yell for backup. Noone comes (Yay Albion!) because they're all up at MMG beating on one Norseman. Clicking on my pretending-to-be-mezzed Mids, I find a yellow con one (Rest were orange.) and start laying my DD on him.

Turns out he's a lvl 48 skald with under 2k RPs. ~rolls eyes~ Even more n00bly than me, he proceeds to run around in a little circle whilst I DD him. Took about 7 nukes. :S

Anyway, after killing him I felt so...happy. So happy, in fact, that I then ran away to MMG because I was sure the other 5/6 or so were going to get me. And then I got kinda lost and ended up getting killed by a mindworm. Sucks to be me. :/

So thanks to Lokkee for the 100 RPs. I am now a mighty R2L5 and some day I too shall have Purge so that I can be killed after running away for about three seconds instead of being killed whilst CCd. :D

(Incidentally, if anyone in that group wants to tell me what was being said on their GC, that would be good.)

~still in shock~

DAMN YOU MINDWORM!

a.

A

Apathy

I'm going to go back there and kill them all as soon as I figure out how to get a telamon to Emain...

Summon Telamon...that should be a sorcerer spell dammit.

a.

E

Ensceptifica

lol ( ; Glad to see our uber aggro mobs in Emain are fed every once in a while ( ;

Had a good time last night in Emain too (it's still possible (; )... had 1fg Hibs, lvl 40-50, no bard... usually that means you're doomed in Emain. We ran into 20 albs standing together, and seeing we had no speed to flee, we just engaged. We had no CC except my twf, but somehow we just worked together and we beat 20 albs losing only 4 of our own ( ;

I was still cheering when 20 trolls decided to come and make a rug out of me : /

O

old.Arnor

Glad to see someone having fun in emain atleast ^^

Y

yog-hurt

not being rude.... but your proud of this :/

A

Apathy

Of course I'm proud! All I've done so far in RvR is follow people around, get halfway through QCing mezz and then died.

At least I've now soloed someone to death! (Even if it was just some group of Midgard buffbots being moved to a safer space on the map. :p)

a.

A

AbPoon

He should be proud he mezzed a fg then killed a same level skald out of the grp, no small feat for a sorc where the skald was probley the toughest of the lot (Just sprint in dd you then whack whack).

Though tbh i find it amazing that the skald didnt beat and dd you 2 death, i know i'd be on you like a shot as soon as you broke my mezz.

Probley because he's never come across a nuker before, you dont get them at the lair :/

And on a point flame me if you like but getting lvl 48-49-50 on your main char before RR 3 is quite frankly toss and not even being rr2 is unbelivable , get helping us with some keep takes.

A

Apathy

I've been going to Emain since around lvl 44 so I can get RAs that will help me have less downtime in PvE for levelling (MCL, Serenity and suchlike.).

It was quite odd that he just ran around in circles instead of killing me or even running away. When n00bs collide, eh? :touch:

I don't even know what a skald is! Mwahahaha. I suppose knowing sod all about the other realms makes them more exciting to play against. For me, anyway.

a.

R

[RG]Thorey

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion
I've been going to Emain since around lvl 44 so I can get RAs that will help me have less downtime in PvP for levelling (MCL, Serenity and suchlike.).

It was quite odd that he just ran around in circles instead of killing me or even running away. When n00bs collide, eh? :touch:

I don't even know what a skald is! Mwahahaha. I suppose knowing sod all about the other realms makes them more exciting to play against. For me, anyway.

a.

A skald is our version of a minstrel..only a little more hp, and no stealth, no instrements, everything is insta :)

A

AbPoon

This wasnt so much a flame on the sorc more so the skald, A skald is so easy 2 speed round and pick off lone peeps its unreal, as a calss with no speed solo takes you half an hour 2 get somewhere and then you cant avoid peeps if you run into a fg.

D

Danya

Originally posted by [RG]Thorey

A skald is our version of a minstrel..only a little more hp, and no stealth, no instrements, everything is insta :)
Same hp actually, if they have the same stats. And skalds can't get orange pets. ;)

C

cbh_skyrie

hukhak

Your sign. is bugged Noche :)

Nice 1 m8! Powah to the casters (and death to ip/purge).

Been beaten into a bloody pulp a few times 2 often by tanks and semi-tanks using purge and IP :(

Oh well, respeccing to MoC should help me kill the feckers :) Raw pb power on you hp-huggin' tanky types.

T

thebinarysurfer

Nice to see that not everybody is a grizzled emain veteran [for this read 'sad amg camping bastard' ;) ]

Will be nice in 1.52 when odins gets less trees and hadrians mobs levels/aggro get dropped a bit - i prefer the 1-2 group fights you get in there to the big zerg-lark. Much better ;)

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by ApathyEndymion
I suppose knowing sod all about the other realms makes them more exciting to play against. For me, anyway.

I think the same way, even though it means I've gotten some nasty surprises (like a dwarf in armor suddenly casting a DD on me). I prefer excitement over rps any day.

B

Belomar

Originally posted by yog-hurt
not being rude.... but your proud of this :/
Well, I sure think it's worth being proud of, and it's not the usual "I own you" posts you see on this forum each day by the likes of the-not-so-bright self-proclaimed l337 generation of DAoC players.
Go, Apathy! :clap:

H

hotrat

Same hp actually, if they have the same stats. And skalds can't get orange pets.

I may be wrong but i thought skald was on light tank hits table and minstrel on rogue hits table?

B

belth

Skalds are fighters, Minstrels rogues... Skalds should have naturally higher HP. Not sure though, my 20 norse SB had a bit more HP than a 20 dorf skald, talk about weird.

A

**Aligro**

come on apathy, you know what the best pet in hib frontier is, don't you? :D

D

dexa

my brag of this day is when i saw nickolas and a minstral (steph?)

nickolas died a sec after me but still its my brag :)

damn u eveded my cd, i guess both of us had no ip ready but still u 2 should have killed me before u died from feeeking poission muhaa

long way back to dl???

/clap

A

Apathy

Originally posted by **Aligro**
come on apathy, you know what the best pet in hib frontier is, don't you? :D

Erm...best pet would be...2 paladins, 1 rejuv cleric, 1 enhance cleric, 1 minstrel and 1 wizard. Yeah!

"HEAL ME! Use Instants!!!"

"Apathy, we've just ported in."

"Look, shut up and do what I say okay? I could drop dead at ANY minute!"

Hold on...can those mind worms be charmed? :D

a.

E

Eblessair

Originally posted by Novamir
btw what is Moohoohoo?

Code:
                          .ijjt,                                                                     
                        .LW#####Dj             :jLDDLi         ;DG                jDt    :ji     ,:  
                       .K#########E:         ,L#######Ei      ;###.             ,D##L  .j##G   iW#f  
                      .L###########E;       ,K#########W:    ,E##D              E##E:  L##E,  i##W:  
                      t#############K.     .E###########L    L##Wt             t###;  i###,  jW#Ki   
                      E######EEW#####L     G############W.  .W##L             :W##j  ,W##i  i##K:    
                     .#####K;  :fW####:   ;####Wfi;fK####,  i###,            .L##K.  D##G  ,W##;     
                     ;#####,     :W###f  :E###K:    :W###i  G##E             L##E, .f##j  iK#Ki      
                     i####D       f###K, j###Ki      D###t .W##j            ,###;  f##D  :W#W,       
     GEL:   ,it;     i####f       :####j E###j       L###t ;###:            D##L  ;##W: .E##i        
     W##W, G####WL.  ;####t        E###G:###W        L###;.G##DtDK#KG.     t##K. .W##; ;D#Wt         
     f###EL#######D  :####i        L###E;###L        G###:;W#########G    iK#K; .G##f .E##;          
     .W############f  W###j        j###Et###t        E##K L###########.   E##i  G##j  L##j           
      iW#######DK###f G###G        i###Kf###;       .###L W####ELG####:  f##L  j##L  f#Wj            
       j######G ,E##W.iW##K        i###Ef###,       ;###;;###Gi   G##W. :W#W. :W#K. ;##i             
        E#####;  t###j.G###,       ;W##Dj###:       L##K L##j     f##G  D#K; ;E#D: jW#t              
        i#####,  .W##E ;###j       i###Gt###,      ;K##f K##:     E##; i##i .E#W: ;##L               
         E####,   G###: K##K       t###f;###,      L##E:,##D     ,##E ,E#D  j##i .K#D                
         ;K###t   ;###j ;###j      G##W;.W##j     ;###, L#W;    iK#G: D#E. ,#Kt ;DWt.                
          j###D    E##K, G##W,    ,###G. D##K.   :K##L  K#G.   tW#K.  it.  .t.  .;,                  
          .K###:   iW##G :G##WL;;tK###;  iW##EftGW##K. ,###EfLD##E: .Lf. :LD. .fE;                   
           ;###L    t###,  f#########j    ;W#######j.  L#######E;  :E#G. K#E ;D#f.                   
            L##W.    E##f   iE#####Dt      ,GW#WEG,    tDfDEDfi    :GL.  Gj: :ft                     
             ;GD.    :fL,      :,:.

O

old.Wildfire

Hehe I would have been really proud too! It was better than I did actually, my first RvR kill came from Eeny letting me kill him outside of apk about 4-5 months ago. My first RvR trip and I was solo, wandered off and I guess he just de-stealthed behind me and took one swing which the BT got rid of. Me thinking "shit shithsi hitshithsithishit!!11111" or something similar whacked off a QC root (which in hindsight I guess he must have pretended caught him as I was only 34 (grey)), backed off and started nuking like buggery, he ran around in circles for a bit then stood there cheering at me as I finished him off. The whole thing really shook me up cos I'd never seen anyone from another realm before, let alone had to fight one :)

/cheer Eeny

See, stealthers, this is how you should treat blatant first-timers. If its not primetime and you're not too busy, give 'em a confidence boost.

A

Apathy

Moohoohoo's just one of those noises...like RAR! and ~hurhurhur~...

I figure that if Mids act like this towards me in RvR for the next, say, 6 months, we won't have to mourn the moving of Sorusi too much. :)

Fooey. He was my hero!

a.

Users who are viewing this thread