My crafting spree.

B

baphomet

I started crafting yesterday with my Cleric.
I took up armorcrafting.

So, I started with 1 point in AC and all the related skills with it.
Now I have 310 points in it and a few other skills with it.

On annoying thing tho, I forgot to raise Tailoring properly, which is pretty important if you wanna make some sorts of armor.
So the latter part of the day was spent upping tailoring, which is only at 210 atm.

It's already getting slower and more expensive to do crafting, luckily my char is rich.

Still, not bad for a days work.

B

bahamuts

stop with ur tailoring, you cant have it as high as armorcrafting anyway

B

baphomet

Originally posted by bahamuts
stop with ur tailoring, you cant have it as high as armorcrafting anyway
But I need it if I want to make for example Chain Mittens and stuff, as I need roman hard leather gloves for them, which uses tailoring.
I know I can just buy them probably from a trader, but wonøt they be just at 89% quality? Wouldn't that effect the quality of the chain mittens, which I would hope would be at 95% + ?

B

baphomet

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Try to work your way through the following information :) *snip*

WOW, thanks for the links..
I was looking for some guides the other day, but didnø't find anything that interesting.
These look great..:)

B

baphomet

Glottis_Xanadu
I just had a look at those links.

The "Armor craft leveling guide" is good, but I pretty much worked that out anyway.

The Excel spreadsheet is excellent. Makes things a million % faster and easier.

And I'm still reading the "Armor craft leveling guide" link..

:)

K

Karnage

Originally posted by baphomet
But I need it if I want to make for example Chain Mittens and stuff, as I need roman hard leather gloves for them, which uses tailoring.
I know I can just buy them probably from a trader, but wonøt they be just at 89% quality? Wouldn't that effect the quality of the chain mittens, which I would hope would be at 95% + ?

Quality of the the leather under garment, does not affect the quality of the finished piece.

B

baphomet

Originally posted by ASq.Karnage
Quality of the the leather under garment, does not affect the quality of the finished piece.

Ah ok, thanks for the info. :)

O

old.Ramas

90% of your orders will be af102 armour. For which you will need tailored linings that are higher than you can reach on an armourcrafter. And too high to be able to buy linings.

So if you want to make your own linings, start a tailor alt. Preferably on a seperate account so that you can run them simultaneously and trade easily between them.

The reaminng 10% will be for BG armour, which will be too high to buy merchant linings, but doing where doing your own tailoring on one char is viable.

B

baphomet

Originally posted by old.Ramas
90% of your orders will be af102 armour. For which you will need tailored linings that are higher than you can reach on an armourcrafter. And too high to be able to buy linings.
So if you want to make your own linings, start a tailor alt. Preferably on a seperate account so that you can run them simultaneously and trade easily between them.
The reaminng 10% will be for BG armour, which will be too high to buy merchant linings, but doing where doing your own tailoring on one char is viable.

Ok, well, I'm not gonna pay for anotheraccount just for the sake of carfting, so I'll create and alt and trade through a guildie or something.
Or alternatively, I could find a tailor and pay for him to make it.

D

Draylor

What they said, tailoring with an armour crafter is really only of use for BG1 stuff.

Its handy though, Ive 600-odd tailoring on Draylor, makes it alot less hassle when making low-level stuff for my (or other peoples) alts. If youve tried asking crafters to make low-level stuff recently youll understand the problem only too well.

Your tailoring skill will be capped well below AC skill - 70% I believe.

If you intend taking AC all the way tailoring early on is NOT a good idea. Its very useful to be able to use the other trade skill to raise the secondary skills (cloth/leather/metal working) cheaply when they fall behind. The higher your tailoring is the more expensive this will be.

J

josh_dk

I think its 75 % too.

I have 1158 AC on my Armorcrafter, and he also has 803 Tailoring

D

Draylor

Ok, just checked - it seems to be 75%

"Only" 1157 AC for me - you win for now ;) Im on a REALLY strange run of luck where I create more MP chest pieces than I get skill gains. That seems very very wrong - but I guess I shouldnt complain too much.

S

'Shy

Ok, well, I'm not gonna pay for anotheraccount just for the sake of carfting, so I'll create and alt and trade through a guildie or something.
Or alternatively, I could find a tailor and pay for him to make it.

Or her..

E

Exinferis

Originally posted by - Fedaykin -
someone got owned

why post if you have nothing related to say about the topic?

idiot..

F

Fagane

Asking for low level crafting is asking for loads of trouble, not worth it. Just the reactions (or lack of it) you get.

Asking for some low level spellcrafting is asking for even more trouble loads of a$$holes who want to become rish at the cost of others. I had a jerk who wanted 237 gold for the imbue of a focus staff. The cost of the imbue had an expense of 37 gold, and no over charge involved.

Fagane

S

sugah

If my Armour crafter is in a town and i see some one shouting out for low level stuff i'll usually get them to buy the materials needed and then make it for them with that. I can't see the point in raising the other crafting skills on a char. fair enough its cheap but why not just use one of your alts. That way you can take them to LGM when you have the time and cash.

S

Sol-

Originally posted by Exinferis
why post if you have nothing related to say about the topic?

idiot..

what does that have to do with the topic...

idiot..

B

baphomet

Originally posted by ~shy~
Or her..

Indeed.
But I think it's generally accepted to say "him" does not mean I will exclusively shop with male chars.

S

'Shy

Indeed.
But I think it's generally accepted to say "him" does not mean I will exclusively shop with male chars.

I hope so! Or I shall cry!

smilies-9458.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom