My Cat Ethan :-(

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Aile said:
Felt the same way when my Dog got put to sleep, but for reason i dont get so emotional over family dying..

wierd :(

You aren't alone bud. I think the only family I would get really upset about losing are close family like my mum, brother, sister or nephew. I can cope with the rest to be honest.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Know exactly how you feel, lost both my boys under the age of 2, found one dead outside the neighbour's house and presume he'd been hit by a car, wasn't a mark on him, which made it so much worse.

My other one died after the vet fucked up his castration operation and when he came round he inhaled his vomit from the anaesthesia and died three days later from fluid on the lung/heart failure.

Now that time I could easily have commited murder as the vet hadn't told me about him having a reaction when coming out after the operation and I didn't realise there was anything wrong with his breathing until it was too late.

Deepest sympathies to you Cal and, though it seems like the worse thing in the world, the best way is to get another cat. They don't replace the one you lost but they do help to fill the hole.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
Cadiva said:
Know exactly how you feel, lost both my boys under the age of 2, found one dead outside the neighbour's house and presume he'd been hit by a car, wasn't a mark on him, which made it so much worse.

My other one died after the vet fucked up his castration operation and when he came round he inhaled his vomit from the anaesthesia and died three days later from fluid on the lung/heart failure.

Now that time I could easily have commited murder as the vet hadn't told me about him having a reaction when coming out after the operation and I didn't realise there was anything wrong with his breathing until it was too late.

Deepest sympathies to you Cal and, though it seems like the worse thing in the world, the best way is to get another cat. They don't replace the one you lost but they do help to fill the hole.

when you say boys you dont mean real life kids right? :x harsh castrating your children tbh ;)

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
DocWolfe said:
when you say boys you dont mean real life kids right? :x harsh castrating your children tbh ;)

I dunno, there's some people it might have been better had they been castrated at birth ;)

Naetha

Fledgling Freddie
I really feel for you Calaen. I know my world would fall apart if anything happened to my cats, which is partly why I'm so overprotective of them. I hope you're able to move on from this, and get a new cat to keep you company, while remembering Ethan at his best.

All my sympathy x

elisera

Fledgling Freddie
My heart goes out to you Cal.. I had to get my cat put to sleep for the same reason although he was 18 years old and had lived a good (and very spoilt) life. Was really hard though, I had had him since I was 2 and we had grown up together...

I have another cat now, although there were 2 years in between one going and the other one coming in. I love her to pieces and even though she now lives with my mum since I moved house we are thinking of gettnig two more kittens cuz I miss the feline company!

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
sorry to hear the news Cal. my condolances.

I'd have cried my eyes out too mate. The vet didn't think you were strange at all.

Dejavue_69: it's not funny, big or clever

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Dejavue_69 said:
sounds like u JUST GOT OWNED ALSO!!1
:england:

You spam about vodka in your signature (that's so cool :rolleyes:), your name has "69" in it, you've put your age down as "7" in your profile and you laugh at those having a hard time.

Grow up.

Dejavue_69

Banned
eggy said:
You spam about vodka in your signature (that's so cool :rolleyes:), your name has "69" in it, you've put your age down as "7" in your profile and you laugh at those having a hard time.

Grow up.
na its my way of dealing with losses, this is my cat he iz ded

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Dejavue_69 said:
na its my way of dealing with losses, this is my cat he iz ded
So you made a forum account just to be an idiot? You need help...

Sorry for your loss https://forums.freddyshouse.com/member.php?u=164Calaen, our cat go put to sleep 2 years ago, 18 months old. It fell from our appartment window and fractured its legs. We choose to get it put to sleep because the vet said he would have to amputate. Oh boy it was a long night, the wife was all beat up. And frankly so was I, strange you get so attachted (sp?).

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sorry to hear the sad news Cal, and apologies also for not banning that lttle **** before his vile posts.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I couldn't take my dog to the vets to be put down, Samm had to do it. You are more man than me Cal.

My thoughts are with you both chum.

Had to edit twice because of my spazzy typing :(

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Had to leave my cat Hitchcock behind when I moved from Wales, and I've had cat withdrawal ever since. When I can, I'm going to get me a Norwegian Forest Cat...awesome things...size of a spaniel at least...

snow1.jpg

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
So sorry to hear that Calaen.

Had a cat in our family for along as I can remember and its just gut wrenching when you have to make the decision to send them to sleep.

I'm not sure if you would be up to it yet, but seriously throw some thought into taking in another - there are so many cat rescue charities out there desperate for a loving home for and i'm sure you have that in abundance.

I was truly heartbroken when our last cat passed away and thought that that I was betraying his friendship to just get another cat so quickly, but after visiting just one charity and seeing just how many cats do not have a home I knew I was doing the right thing.

Thorondorito

One of Freddy's beloved
pretty photo svart

Sorry for your loss Cal, 2 years ago I lost my dog too and he was less than 1 year old, it was a great loss... I hope you're ok

Couldn't see the vet putting it to sleep, I decided not to see it...

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I do actually have another 5 cats :p, 4 of them are from the same litter as Ethan the other is the Mother. He was just the cool one of the group always being stupid, running into windows, catching flies, following the same Hedgehog around the garden every night and never having the courage to touch it.

So I have my good memories of him, thanks again to everyone for their posts.

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
oh man i know what ya mean, ive had 8 dogs in my life thats dead 4 of them died of natural causes.

3 of them from tumor
1 put to sleep becaus of violent behavior

when i first realized that they died (i was about 8 or 9) i cried my brains out, so did i do on the second (wich was a 6 year old rottweiler wich was the most cosy dog in my whole life, i mean that was a REAL buddy) and third was a german sheppard with an unoperateable tumor. In those years i been good friends with the dogs ( its true when they say its humans best friend) and i have now learned that they might pass away quick.

Whats important is that you just remember it, you can also get a new pet and it will be almost like the good ol times :)

I now got a doberman wich is 7 years old, shes one of the cutest doberman ever! shes a cosy bit fat little dog that just loves to get a little petting:)

Himse

FH is my second home
Seeing pets die is really sad =(

Like seeing my hamster (2 and a half years old) *old for a hamster) die was quite sad, after he kept me awake for that time, was sad to see him go.

Sorry to hear for your loss =(

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
You'll remember the good times you had with your cat and the happy memories will help dull the pain of your loss.

(No, not THOSE good times! Normal good times)

Sharaft

Fledgling Freddie
Himse said:
(2 and a half years old) *old for a hamster)

oh my god thats alot!! My cousins hamster lived 1.5 years and he said THAT was unusual :O

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Calaen said:
I took Ethan my cat to the vets this morning because he has not been himself the past week, staying in when he is usually out and eating food constantly yet loosing weight. After 45 seconds of diagnosis I was informed that he had a tumour that was un-operable and that I should have him put to sleep.

He was only 2 years old and the vet said that it was very uncommon, I dont get very emotional when it comes to bad personal experiences with fellow people, but when my pets are concerned it breaks my heart. Cried my eyes out for about 30 minutes in the vets the must have thought I was mad.

Gonna miss you buddy :-(

http://www.calaen.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Ethan.jpg

P.S. if you suspect anything is up with you're pets get them checked out.

its one hell of a sad experience losing a pet. Remember the good times buddy.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Calaen said:
I He was just the cool one of the group always being stupid, running into windows, catching flies, following the same Hedgehog around the garden every night and never having the courage to touch it.

So I have my good memories of him, thanks again to everyone for their posts.

this made me chuckle, i have guinea pigs and tbh they just arn't that bright, but man they are ammusing.

and judging by the previous posts people might be feeling a little glum by this point i have an image to cheer you up a bit:
this morning i was in the garden having breakfast and feeding the squirrels, a squirrel came round the corner, but it wasnt walking or running it was dragging its butt like a dog does when it has an itch.... it dragged over to the nuts, stood up walked about a bit, had a scratch then dragged back the way it came with the nut in its mouth. they just cant help it, animals are funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom