Mutu ban

SilverHood

FH is my second home
7 Months for testing positive
8 months for missing test, and testing negative the day later

Am I the only person who sees this as slightly odd behaviour, even from the FA?

By their twisted rules, Rio could have said he took cocaine, done the rehab (easy, since he doesn't do drugs), and could have played a month earlier.

What a load of bollocks and double standards

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
SilverHood said:
7 Months for testing positive
8 months for missing test, and testing negative the day later
I don't seem to remember it being a day later, but as you are a Manchester United fan you obviously have a neutral and unbiased opinion on this.

Rio didn't turn up to a test he knew he had to.
Mutu admitted to taking Cocaine (NOT a sporting performance enhancing drug)

Rio made several lies about where he was and what he was doing. (went shopping and tried to claim he was moving into his house)
Mutu admitted to taking Cocaine (NOT a sporting performance enhancing drug)

Rio was never accused of taking drugs, but was punished for avoiding a drugs test.
Mutu accepted his punishments and agreed to a program of rehabilitation and education of drugs in sports.

The bans could have been a bit more dramatic to be honest, Rio should've been out for a year minimum for dodging drugs tests, perhaps Mutus a bit less as he clearly hasn't tried to boost his performances in matches and just needs some support.

The only person who's ever said Rio never took any drugs is Rio Ferdinand, and he's an uneducated twat who can barely string three words together. He probably wouldn't know the difference between anabolic steroids and eating a banana tbpfh.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The danger for the FA was that by giving a more punitive punishment to a player found guilty of taking drugs, that everybody would just miss their tests, rather than be found guilty.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Rio - blatantly avoided a test for reasons only known to him.

Mutu - got pissed up one night and had a couple of lines of coke at a party.

How many have us have done the latter? A lot. A ban is necessary, they cannot be seen to get away with it - especially with their role model status for children. Rio avoided the test and told half-truths about it, hinting at his guilt and his own inability to deal with himself as a person. He gets an appropriate ban for setting an example to top footballers: "Don't even THINK of missing a test." We still do not know the situation with Rio, we never will. Mutu came out and told the truth, apologised profusely (Rio didn't do this, he just whinged and looked moody) - and above all the drug is only going to have a negative affect on his game....

Yardoa

Fledgling Freddie
Who Gives A Fuck?

Rio Missed A Test, The Next Day He Was Tested And It Was Proved Negavtive.

Mutu Is A Fucking Junky Who Deserves To Be Banned For 2 Years.

The Fa Are A Bunch Of Fucking ***** End Of Story.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Remember Kids, Capitalising Every Word You Say Makes You Look Really Intelligent!

Clown

Part of the furniture
I think he wrote the whole post in capitals - AOL style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom