musn't grumble

O

old.kaama

A small note on criteria for deciding final division positions.

First off, no sour grapes, congrats to FrH, they played well and are very deserving of the div4 title.

Now my grumble :)

The choice to use the 'for' column to judge performance seems at odds with the aim to reflect the seasons overall performance, rather than one game.

We know that FrH and sod won 7 of their games.
Each team only lost one game so this is where the difference lies, FrH lost by a smaller margin than sod.
Fair enough, but this still seems to be based around the performance of 1 game rather than all season.

If the whole seasons performance is important then then it would make sense to calculate the teams overall 'efficiency', the percentage of rounds won out of all rounds played.

No offence is meant to the organiser, obviously the aim is to have a fair system, unfortunately the logic seems flawed. As I said, the result is decided, it's not my aim to change it, I'm just writing this with the aim of getting the criteria reviewed for future games.

Anyway, just my tupence :)

Kaama

S

Sar

Heh, well as I mentioned on QN I like to reward attacking play, as I believe Q3 should be played aggressively - defensive play is boring and has its place in CS ;)

Hence why I think the team that wins more rounds over the season as a whole should be rewarded.

It didn't just happen between Fr,H and sod, the same thing affected G*0's placement with seC in Div 4 also.

And I don't think something like "efficiency" should have any place in something like that - only what is immediately visible on the league table should be the deciding factor in placements.

O

old.kaama

Fair comment, extra figures are probably unwarranted, and I agree attacking play is the way to go, no one likes camping in RA3.

Although I don’t see how rounds won = attacking play. A clan may camp or attack, but if they win the game they have got 8 rounds added to their score. Just because a clan gets a few more in their one losing round, does that mean they attack more? Some clans a very good at winning rounds by camping.

I guess I’m just not convinced that this reflects a seasons overall performance.

But … I’ll say no more on the matter : ) I guess it doesn’t happen that often anyway. :)

K

S

Sar

Aye, well it only happened in those two instances, because usually points then round difference will be adequate to place sides.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom