Music Request

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Heya, I can't really define what I'm looking for but something similar to the Lord Of The Rings soundtracks, Ensiferum, Finntroll, Apocalyptica, Bal Sagoth. Basically fantasy/medieval/celtic type music.
Just instruments, no vocals is better but both is good. :) Anyone got any ideas? :)

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
k-pax soundtrack is a bloody good one I have to say.

Also, there is a celtic remake of the final fantasy 4 soundtrack (If you like the games that is).

WoW soundtrack is damned good too (I have to thank atos for that). :p

shanks

Fledgling Freddie
Sharma said:
k-pax soundtrack is a bloody good one I have to say.

Not very celtic/folky is it?

Good though.

Id check out a guy called Hans Zimmer, he's quite brilliant at making soundtracks and some of his work has the same kind of feel that you are asking for. From what I can remember atm id think the Gladiator and The Last Samurai soundtracks might interest you.

If japanese precussion interests you id check out Ghost In A Shell: Innocence soundtrack, alot of electronics granted but those jap drums makes me all tingly.

Well, pretty shitty suggestions really but generally speaking I hate folk.

Munkey

Can't get enough of FH
Requiem for a dream - Overture

or if you can find it, Overture (remix)

class song

Bloop

Fledgling Freddie
shanks said:

Good though.

Id check out a guy called Hans Zimmer, he's quite brilliant at making soundtracks and some of his work has the same kind of feel that you are asking for. From what I can remember atm id think the Gladiator and The Last Samurai soundtracks might interest you.

Agreed. He also helped out with the Pirates of the Caribbean soundtrack (although it was composed by Klaus Badelt) and that's pretty excellent too.

(Edited because I killed the quote.)

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
shanks said:

Maybe not, although when he mentioned Lotr, it sprang to mind, although its "Not your average orchestral" it still runs along the same vibes I think. :)

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
Thanks dudes, will check said bands/people out. :)

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
download some stuff by ERA

The Mass is a good song to start with

and ofc Enya

Vae

Resident Freddy
Try Unearthed by ES Posthumus . The music is all film trailer style music. Some has a celtic feel while some doesn't.

As mentioned earlier, anything by Hans Zimmer is likely to suit including Crimson Tide (Deep Blue Sea) performed by Nightwish (rather electric guitar based though).

Bloop

Fledgling Freddie
The soundtrack to The Village! It's got pretty folk sounding violins and it's lovely!! Raah!

I'm making an idiot of meself. *hides*

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom