Murphy's laws

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Do anyone else experience this "rule" of his to more more then true?

Example: Each time i'm close to a Realm Level Ding, it suddenly gets alot harder to earn RPs? Yesterday it was finally time for me to ding RR5. I needed 25k when i logged in, and at first it went smoothly. After just over an hour, i noticed that i was 3,5k from my RR5 ding. Suddenly it got ALOT harder to earn RPs. It took me nearly 2h to get my last points for my ding. And as soon as i had dinged, my RPs started flowing back and i made another 15k my last 30 min ingame.

And this is EVERYTIME i'm close to a ding. When we played Guildgroup and i was getting close, we eighter started to die vs randoms or guild started QQ'ing and logged.

Does this happened to anyone else, or is it just me? :touch:

Haladrid

Banned
It's just mentality and/or your mind playing wierd tricks on you, it's not coincidence, it just happens, we're human :)

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Haladrid said:
It's just mentality and/or your mind playing wierd tricks on you, it's not coincidence, it just happens, we're human :)
No, it's true! It's TRUUUEEE!!1

psyco

Fledgling Freddie
like Haladrid said... it seems that way... but this egsample is hard to prove due to differant situations you can end up in, your mind works in strange ways... there are 2 differant possibilitys, when you notice close to ding you get over confident, or you try less... or atleast it would seem that way, but infact your play style remains the same... try removing the rp's xp bar, that way you will play for the fun rather than the rp's...

Imon

Fledgling Freddie
its true bone:)
Same when you xp your chars aswell, if you are close to a lvl you can be sure you will die or lose a lot more mana/life then normal:)

:eek2:

Saje

Loyal Freddie
I think its the antisipation(sp.) of dinging a rr that makes time feel slower.
I doubt that when you ran in FG's they were dieing more to PUG's and shit when you were close to dinging. I know it feels like it sometimes. But if this was the actual fact, think about how many hours /played a guy like Stajjijjon needed to ding rr12 :D(no offense).

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Saje said:
I think its the antisipation(sp.) of dinging a rr that makes time feel slower.
I doubt that when you ran in FG's they were dieing more to PUG's and shit when you were close to dinging. I know it feels like it sometimes. But if this was the actual fact, think about how many hours /played a guy like Stajjijjon needed to ding rr12 :D(no offense).

clearly to many :p

Bonehead

Fledgling Freddie
Imon said:
its true bone:)
Same when you xp your chars aswell, if you are close to a lvl you can be sure you will die or lose a lot more mana/life then normal:)

:eek2:
Aye, this is also the case. I was xping in DF. Very fast and nice xp. And at 49.7, hibs took access to the dungeon. And at 49.9 (10 min later) lots of random hibs killed me! ffs :(

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
I've never noticed anything like this. Every time I ding it comes by surprise "oh I dinged".

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Yup, Murphy hits me over the head every single day, and it ain't nice! :<

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
Im sure if we where abel to tame Murphy's law, we would be abel to make a star drive that would be abel to take us to the stars in no time... But, it would prolly explode in orbit.... if not already on the ground killing milions...

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
once needed 1 whole rp for rr 6 on zerker.

tried to solo unbuffed it. albs where camping a bridge so tought, that shouldn't be hard. finnaly got the last rp after 45 minuts..

Dr_Evil

Fledgling Freddie
Jobbegea said:
once needed 1 whole rp for rr 6 on zerker.

tried to solo unbuffed it. albs where camping a bridge so tought, that shouldn't be hard. finnaly got the last rp after 45 minuts..
Hehe, you should've taken an assassin mission. :p

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Hehe that reminds me of the last 625 rp's Tze needed to ding rr9 ... he'd been making crazy silly rp's for days in a row and it took us 5 or 6 runs to get those last fucking points :p

Murphy is a bastard

islef

Loyal Freddie
Murphy is a b'stard, but i think it could also be the case that the melee chr's you had been farming on that necro got sick of it and logged thereby stemming the flood of arpees

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Dr_Evil said:
Hehe, you should've taken an assassin mission. :p

i had to do that to ding the last 1k rps when my RM dinged rr4 and rr5. it was realy annoying that i couldnt possibly get the last RPs needed before teh ding :p

noblok

Part of the furniture
Also:
- Whenever you need a nightspawn, you arrive at the spot exactly at the moment it turns daytime.

- The chances of being hit are inversely proportional to your hitpoints left, irrespective of block, parry and evade levels.

- Questmobs always aggro you on locations they shouldn't even be, but when you go looking for them to finish the quest, they are nowhere to be seen.

- If there are several possible questrewards, you will never get the one you wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom