Murder at Soft Rock Cafe

Discussion in 'The Front Room' started by Lazarus, Jan 30, 2004.

1. Lazarus

Lazarus Part of the furniture

Got one of these "Murder, Mystery" nights tomorrow night based on the Murder at Soft Rock Cafe game *.

Anyone ever been to one of these nights. Any hints to what to do/expect

*not looking forward to it :(

2. ScoobyDoo{KEA}

ScoobyDoo{KEA} Fledgling Freddie

it'll be moider.

3. Wij

Wij I am a FH squatter FH Subscriber

Go naked. Expect buggery.

4. granny

granny Fledgling Freddie

I've been to a three and am going to another one in a few weeks hopefully. Of those three 1 was superb, one was pretty good and the other was a bit shit.

Couple of things:
    1) DON'T get pissed. If people start getting drunk (and if you're nervous or don't know people well the temptation is strong) it all falls apart very quickly and becomes shit.

2) PREPARE! If everyone makes a bit of effort and dresses up well and practices any silly accents/knows their role etc then they just rock. It only takes 1 or 2 people to not bother and it has a knock-on effect and turns shit.

3) Don't worry about looking stupid. If everyone does it properly then nobody feels silly and the whole things becomes top fun. Same as numbers 1 and 2 - it only takes a couple of people to fuck it up.

Look forward to it, make an effort, be prepared to actually roleplay and don't get sloshed and it'll be a great laugh, trust me :)

5. Gil

Gil Can't get enough of FH

lol, is Wij hosting this? :wij:

6. Whipped

Whipped Part of the furniture

If it was hosted by Wij, buggery would be the least of your worries ;)

7. ~Yuckfou~

~Yuckfou~ Lovely person

Watch out for people with lead pipes in libraries !

8. tRoG

tRoG Fledgling Freddie

Went to one of these a year or so ago - It was pretty good fun, apart from a few grumpy ***** who decided they couldn't be bothered.