Multi-server clustering with the EU servers...is it possible.

Fatload BoysDoCry

Can't get enough of FH
I ask this because a while back we were told 2 different realms on 1 cluster wasn't possible if you didn't have characters before the clustering.

I ask this because well, the EU servers population is dropping faster than the Labour partys support, dwindling population has caused many to move to the US servers where they can play knowing there will be many others about be it in rvr or pve.

If the population of the excal/prydwen cluster continues to drop is there a chance we could be clustered with some of the other languages to increase population?

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
Haven't really seen the population drop that much lately, just the usual quitters gone to avalon really and they'll be back in no time calling themselves AgramonDestroyers once again.

RvR has been pretty fun on the excal/pryd cluster for the past few months.

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Fatload BoysDoCry said:
I ask this because a while back we were told 2 different realms on 1 cluster wasn't possible if you didn't have characters before the clustering.

and that is just bullshit, since its possible on US. so from 1.85 patch and forth, this should be possible for eu, unless GOA once more decide to set something up different so it wouldnt work as mythic intended.

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
I'd be very interested to know if it's technically possible to cluster Excal/Pryd with a non English language cluster.

Any chance a GM could answer if it's technically possible or not?

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
It is very possible as on the US because a japanese server had such a low population they clustered it with a US cluster

MadsKaizer

Fledgling Freddie
Penlid said:
It is very possible as on the US because a japanese server had such a low population they clustered it with a US cluster

can you give an url to such news / grab bag

Penlid

Fledgling Freddie
They haven't done it yet as it's planned for early december but here is some info.
I have long believed that Camelot gamers are the best breed of MMORPG players in the world. I got more proof of this after we put up the Japanese server move poll. The vast majority of the email I got on the topic was not complaining about the upcoming move… but was concerned that I had not asked the Japanese players where THEY wanted to go. That’s the kind of community spirit Camelot has got a lock on, and I’m just about to die of happiness.

The log in poll is still running, as well as the poll we put up for the Japanese players. So far, the winning cluster in BOTH polls is the same, and boy, am I relieved. But we’ll let it run for the weekend before we decide for certain.

(A few people did ask for more information, so let me see if I can provide it: Whatever cluster gets the new Akatsuki will still be an English language cluster. That’s why we’re making an English clone of Akatsuki; to take out all the Japanese characters. There may be some interesting communication issues with a few of the new players, but no more so than with any player who *already* plays on North American servers with limited English skills. Whatever cluster gets Akatsuki will not change in any way, besides having a few hundred new people. And again, their typical play time peaks a half a day ahead of that of most North Americans, so there should be zero “lag” change.)

I'm happy (and I must admit, somewhat relieved) to announce that both the log in poll and the Japanese language poll had the same result. Most people agree that the Devon cluster is the best place for our Akatsuki players. I'll let you know when we are ready to make the addition - right now, we are shooting for early December. It takes a fair amount of time to do something like this, but we wanted to get your votes early in the process. Thanks, and stay tuned for details.

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Penlid said:
Only because they created an English language clone of the Japanese server and clustered that. It's not quite the same thing as a Japanese server clustered with a US one.

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
So if the Japanese server is anything to go by (and that could be a big if), the only clear options on the table so far, would be to:

a) Copy the Excal/Pryd data to a clone running in German or French, cluster it with a German/French server, and play the game in German/French.

b) Perform the same process as a) but for a non English server, and force them to play in English.

c) Leave Excal/Pryd as is, possibly trying to run some schemes to get players to join there, get people to resubscribe etc.

It would be really good to get some kind of input from GOA on this subject, as I'd really like to know what kind of future Excal/Pryd can expect.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
How about making Glast a standard rule set server in English then clustering it - this would mean people could finally play the 3rd realm they have missed out on. This in itself might make some people more active again as there would be new things to do.

Glast seems to have ~50 people per evening sometimes fewer.

Arkian

Fledgling Freddie
I was wondering more about ways to boost the number of active players on a cluster that includes excal/pryd, Glastonbury while possible giving access to a third realm choice wouldn't seem to bring much in the way of players.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Arkian said:
I was wondering more about ways to boost the number of active players on a cluster that includes excal/pryd, Glastonbury while possible giving access to a third realm choice wouldn't seem to bring much in the way of players.

It might do - atm if rvr isn't very active then I for one log and do something else because I've got almost all the level 50s possible on Albion, most ML10 etc, there's nothing new left to do for me. Whereas I have never seen the Mid zones at all - it would be something completely new to explore.

Whilst it would not bring new blood to the servers it may keep the old blood here long enough for the expansion :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom