Multi dont work for me

S

ShavedApe

Ok problem I have here is when I connect to a server it will connect but until the patch it would disconnect straight away. Now I have the patch it connects to server and straight away i get message connection problems dectected and if im real lucky i get to stay on server with on average a 500+ ping

Even on a barrysworld server I get pings as high as that and im pretty certain it isnt my hardware.
XP2000+
512ddr 2100
Geforce 3 ti 500
Cable connection 1mbit

I play Mohaa online with pings on average of 30 - 35ms so anyone any ideas.
I know its only a demo and bound to be riddled with bugs but i know others play relativly easily so any help appreciated.

S

S-Gray

Hmm.. a few people have had this problem (Throddy for one) but if the Patch didnt fix it then its gonna have to be majorly looked into.

Have you tried asking on the EA Forums?

S

Scooba Da Bass

Have you got your net connection set correctly in the options?

B

bart_simpson

dont kow what your operating system is but hey i know it doesn`t like win xp to much ,

also it hate`s a firewall i found made me lagg real bad thats if it didnt crash it b4 i realized it was on.

may help maybe not :))

S

Summo

Generalisation there. I use XP and have a firewall and it runs sweet as a nut, guv.

W

wildie

yep

runs ok here too on xp and i am at the lower end of specs
adsl 512k

try setting your conectin to isdn for 1 reason 1 mbit d/l and 256k up is not really balanced is it, then work you way up you find the best one

U

[UKLans]Khan

I have Win XP and Tiny Firewall runs fine, the thing I find most likly is that the people having the probelms getting into the game either do not have the lastest OFFICIAL drivers or run buggy BETA drivers for the GFX cards.

Khan

S

ShavedApe

Ok thanks for the help guys it appears setting firewall on lowest setting is not enough. I turned it off but still no effect i unistalled firewall and it worked like a charm :confused:
Firewall now reinstalled and disabled when I try and connect and works fine. So perhaps a combination of game and firewall problems either way its working now.

G

Gumbo

I had a similar problem, pings >1000, until I changed the modem setting in the options to one below where it should be.

But beware, you can't change this then quit, then join a game using All Seeing Eye or somesuch, because then it changes the modem option back to where it was grrrr.

Soooo, I set the modem speed, filtered the servers on the ingame browser so it didn't take ages to refresh, then joined a server, it worked fine, then I exited the game after playing. Now I can join any server through ASE, it seems the modem setting only gets saved if you play the game with that setting checked.

Oh and I tried it both with, and without firewall, and that appeared to have no effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom