MSN at work ;-)

Gray

FH is my second home
*will see rise in P45's :p*

Dont bother with any of that stuff myself... too risky :eek:

itcheh

Part of the furniture
I've tried to have MSN banned from work but the management have deemed it a useful communication tool ... it's a funny old world isn't it?

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
I think MSN's a good tool for work. I've got several colleagues on it and we also use skype every now and then too. Of course I don't ALWAYS use it just to chat to colleagues at work.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
itcheh said:
I've tried to have MSN banned from work but the management have deemed it a useful communication tool ... it's a funny old world isn't it?

lol that's class :D

TedTheDog

Fred's & Barry's co-founder
If web messenger is blocked try
http://www.e-messenger.net/index.php

None of the pitfalls of MSN, just simple messaging. Well, ok, you still get to talk to the same dorks as before, and they'll still spout the same nonsense, but you should avoid all the horrible exploits and ready-to-roll tragedies of msn itself.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I value my career far too much to try it.

I've got this really useful device for messaging people at work, almost totally hands free as well - all you do is talk into it and they hear you instantly without it breaching any company policies. It's called a 'phone'. Fantastic eh?

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
Everyone in our office has MSN installed, its so antisocial, nobody speaks to each other any more. We're all sat with earphones in typing huge conversations to the people sat 2 meters away.

They dont care what we have installed on our machines anyway, I have DAoC installed here lol

Cyradix

FH is my second home
At work msn is considered a business tool.
We have offices in most European countries and some in Asia.
Asking a question to the admins in other countries is much easier using msn :)

Ofcourse msn also has other uses at work ;)

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
Our boss insists we install MSN so he can pester us wherever he is. :touch:

Mellow

Loyal Freddie
Nothing wrong with sending a message to someone over the network, especially if you dont like talking to them. But hey, it's all a bit antisocial really.

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Driwen said:
wouldnt irc be actually better for business communication?

You'd think. Funny that instead they choose to use a shitty, bloated, vulnerable, unreliable Microsoft IM that, among other things, imposes bullshit characters-per-message restrictions. Christ, even ICQ is better than MSN (functionally, at least. In some ways. Assuming you're using something like Trillian and don't actually have to bother with that goddamned GUI.)

Maybe they REALLY like the emoticons?

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
you'd all so very hate me if I had anything to do with your networks. you're not there to talk, chatty bitches, you're there to work :eek:

btw, I say this knowing full well that my old spamming days cost my workies lots of tdc-productivity :)

leggy

Probably Scottish
Big G said:

I've got this really useful device for messaging people at work, almost totally hands free as well - all you do is talk into it and they hear you instantly without it breaching any company policies. It's called a 'phone'. Fantastic eh?

I really hope you see the irony of your post.

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
dysfunction said:
That doesnt work at my work...

wouldn't work at mine either as the mime type would be blocked.

i love being a BOfH sometimes....

itcheh

Part of the furniture
Big G said:

'Phones? Soooooooo last century! We have enetered the digital age - a time where 1-2-1 contact is shunned and computers are the middleware in our efforts to communicate with each other!

yours still trying to ban MSN at work ...

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
yaruar said:
wouldn't work at mine either as the mime type would be blocked.

i love being a BOfH sometimes....

Works fine here, the manager uses it to talk to the bosses on the Rig saves making a call to Aberdeen from Lagos and putting up with the shitty satellite connection. SO because the bosses use it we all can :).

One quick question though wtf is a BOfH ????

Later

Gengi

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks Louster,
It would appear to be some sort of network/systems admin title :).
One day I will learn some compuspeek ;)

Later

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom