MP Test

M

MYstIC G

No way this game 0wns, its everything TFC & OpF could never be all rolled into one. Need more :)

O

old.bee

quake 3 engine...enough said

(ie: shite)

doesnt look that nice either specially compared to the medal of honour stuff ive seen.

need a less laggy server to decide whether its good enough gameplay wise...

D

Deady

Well...ive been playing for about 4 hours (i think).

It seems its Heavily teamwork orientated.

The only source of Ammo is from a Leiutenant (sp), and the only source of healing is a Medic. Theres no magic ammo bags here :)

Also an engineer is necessary as its only way into the base on the Test level.

But really, once a way in has been made, the Engineer is not used.

Medics can revive 'dying' players which is quite fun - you get to choose whether to respawn or to wait and see if a medic comes by. Medics have a special ability to see who is able to be revived...a little icon above their bodies shows that the wounded person can be saved:)

As for weapons....well everyone moans that the Minigun is too quick. But everyone seems to agree that the flamethrower is fun - oh what fun i had waiting for the allies to blow open a door...so i could let rip with the flames as soon as it opened.

Other weapons are just standard stuff.....ohh and it seems impossible to kill, or even hit ANYTHING with a pistol.

O

old.bee

had a good sniper play just now and mainly annoyed alot of people :)

M

Moving Target

ffs I cant even download it - this is for you BW!! :upyours:

M

Moving Target

what a pile of shite - im lucky if I get past the loading screen and If I do about 20 secs later I always get 'Connection Interupted' :rolleyes:

M

Moving Target

it doesnt suit this type of game

the HL engine does

O

old.Kurt_Angle

The problem allways with the Quake 3 engine is that it feels blocky, smooth precission is imposable imho. Also instead of the smoot gliding while moving feel you get while playing on the quake 2 engine game you get something worse. When playing on a quake 3 engi game, eliteforce, wolf, base q3 ect.. it seem like you have 2 foot stilts on your feet floating on a hover board or something, in other words, slighty high, with a feel like you bouncing along without touching the ground. Thats why i wasn't suprised in the slightest when i started playing the game, it had exactly the same feel, one which i don't like. Want a comparison in gaming terms, kinda reminded me of firearms:p

O

old.mr_belowski

What a waste of a download...

I've ben trying to play for the last hour, and every single server I've tried has not let me in.

Every damned server is either passworded, full, or is "for players with low ping" (even though I've got a cable modem and am pinging 60 or less on some of the servers that say this). Am I doing something wrong here???

Great MP test.

S

SoWat

Same thing here, though I did manage to get into a few smaller servers.

Hopefully when the initial hoohah wears off, it'll be easier to get a game (which is actually very playable).

O

old.mr_belowski

Good to see I'm not the only one with this problem.

I've just un-installed it. Call me impatient, but I got more entertaining online games where I actually get to shoot at stuff. Sitting around in a server browser trying dozens and dozens of servers, none of which let me in, is not my idea of a fun game :(

E

Embattle

Originally posted by Kurt_Angle
The problem allways with the Quake 3 engine is that it feels blocky,

I agree...but its still fairly good.

W

Wazzerphuk

It's excellent. Once you know what your doing, you know the weapons and the classes, and play it with people who know what they're doing (me and some clan mates picked up a game hosted by , 2v2 and 2v1) you really get to learn about it. I can't wait for clan play.

O

Ono

It's very impressive actually.

Anyone know when the full game is out?

O

old.lee_mako

Well, having a 56k modem i am being pushed about like nothing with this thing. Q3 engine never had good netcode. Very good game if i could actually play it for real - less lag. Full game out next couple of months i think, worth getting isdn/adsl for i think - lets see how Medal of Honour plays in comparisson - my guess is better.

O

old.roobus

Played it all yesterday and I got to say it lives up to the hype. You must play it at a decent ping (took me 35 mins last night to find decent server) , and try to balance your team out. I stayed as a medic for 3 hours last night and had a great time holding out the trenches against the yanks.

Teamwork is a must, or you all just get wasted. You always need a medic and Lieutenant for health and ammo. Also the Lieutenenat should always start the rounds with airstrikes on the beach in concert with sniper support...

Overall, yeah its the Q3 engine but looks like it will be a great game...

S

SoWat

I like the options you get when wounded. You can wait until a medic heals you (and wait a longer time to respawn if he doesn't), or just die and hope you get revived (shorter time).

Anyone tried to revive the victim of a chaingun? Wouldn't imagine there'd be a big enough bit to stick the syringe into.

The Allied grenade seems easier to throw than the Axis one, which only seems to go about 5 feet.

Seems relatively bug free, though I do get audio looping when I exit. I also found that the wheel on my mouse can affect the server list update (if it's 'inbetween' clicks, the screen is never updated).

O

old.RoganJosh

Very enjoyable test, but hopefully they will release another map soon, as it will wear thin pretty fast. I didn't seem to get any major lag problems as so many have complained. Graphics were impressive and the GUI is nice and easy. Can't wait for the full version - RIP counterstrike.

W

Wij

Originally posted by SoWat
Anyone tried to revive the victim of a chaingun? Wouldn't imagine there'd be a big enough bit to stick the syringe into.

You can gib them so that they can't be revived if you really rip up the corpse iirc :)

O

old.Maquis

I have to say I've been enjoying it, but I'm a sucker for anything that encourages teamplay (not that you see a whole lot of that on public servers - had a bad case of the psycho "Player" doing the old flamethrower TK thing yesterday)

I'd be interested to see how the other maps pan out. I tend to find that assault based maps become impossible for the attackers if the defenders are any good at all..

$WITTY_SIG

W

Wij

I had a tosser just TK'ing all game the other day. They should autokick anyone on more than -5 :(

O

old.croak

A welcome change from the same ole sh*t.......bring it on!

S

Sledge

indeed :D Although the wait for respawn can get a bit much when you die as often as I do :cowsleep:

O

old.croak

heh...of course you can allways take the allied sniper option and float about in the bay and marvel at the axis faces when they cannot see who is snipin em :).

Users who are viewing this thread