MP or 99%?

T

TheLog

I'm new to the crafting scene and am trying to decide what weapon to best get for my 50 thane. I'm going arcanium spiked hammer but should i go for 99% or MP? what is the difference between the two of these and does it warrent the price difference?

V

Vell

With a MP you get a few more imbue points, and a few more damage each swing.

With a 99%, you spend about 3plat less.

K

krill-nyd

On paper you get 4 extra imbue point for spell craft on the mp and when you get to Realm Rank 5 you'll get .3 extra dps out of an mp. I have this mystical feeling mp's are better in ways more than this seems, but it's probably not true. So I use mps and they're nice, whether the cost justifies the extra's you get I think you'll have to work out.

However, on shields I'd say definitly go mp on. They are cheap enough to pay for a lot of tries for an mp one. For example, retry on a spiked hammer at cost is 40g, for a medium shield retry is 8g and for a small 6.5.

F

frogster

Also...
According to Mythic, Mp's also have a "Hidden Con"
So technically they will last much longer than 99's :eek:
Not sure how much longer tho

N

-Nxs-

Yes i remember reading somewhere that a 100% con item gets a 35point bonus to its duration.

So its like having 135% con on the weapon - you can keep repairing it for 35 points worth before you start to see degridation.

I think it was 35 - may only be 30... or 20 :)

F

Fafnir

I would first go with a 99% hammer then when i hit rr4l9 and closing on rr5 i would get myself the mp.

L

lairiodd

when you get to Realm Rank 5 you'll get .3 extra dps out of an mp.
This isnt true. Before RR5 your dps is capped at 16.2 *before* quality is applied.

RR1 - level 50 using a 16.5 dps weapon
99%: 16.04 effective dps
MP: 16.2 effective dps

RR5 - level 50 using a 16.5 dps weapon
99: 16.34 effective dps
MP: 16.5 effective dps

Going from 99 to MP will increase your dps by 0.16 no matter what realm rank you are. Also, going from RR4L9 to RR5 will increase your dps by 0.3 not matter what quality weapon you are using.

The 4 extra imbue points on the other hand can be worth it. Having said that, weapons arent really the first MP you should get ( unless you really want that 0.16 extra dps for 1% more damage at a cost of 3p more ).

Generally with spellcrafting you want to cap 3-4 stats, 1-5 skill lines and all your resists ( depends on class ). You should check if it is possible with just 99% armour and weapons. Assasins generally need all MP stuff and even then can't cap everything. Mages can often get away with much less. Anyway, assuming you decide that you need 3 MP's and the rest 99's. The you should pick the 3 cheapest crafted items and get MP's of them and then 99's for the rest. Generally, that would mean gloves/boots and sleeves.

Generally weapons are cheaper than jerkins and more expensive than most other armour pieces.

Users who are viewing this thread