MP LW`s

Maxgirth

Fledgling Freddie
Out of curiosity, how much would an MP LW be worth?.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Maxgirth said:
Out of curiosity, how much would an MP LW be worth?.
Not that much, MP LW's are only a "collectors item", since the lower qual ones still give the same imbue/stats. Only reason to get an MP (this is not confirmed, only a rumor) is that the qua on LW decide the proc rate on the weapons.

My 2 cents.

Isileth

Fledgling Freddie
Wouldn't put much faith in that rumour to be honest. Quality on LW's has a very small effect as Prudil pointed out but they still seem to produce quite large pricetags, which is good for the crafters I guess :)

Gizmo

Fledgling Freddie
yes ofc, about 1% more than a 99% :) since qua is part of the formula that produce the final dmg output.

Inca

Fledgling Freddie
We did some tests with a 97 and a 99, the damage difference was more than noticeable, sadly i am not very methodic so i didn't make notes nor use proper test conditions but suffice to say wen the fat twoll was hitting me with the 99 it hurt a load more than the 97.

I have to say if i was a tank and was gonna use LW's in rvr then MP would be a requirement, 99 could cover till then, anything less is like using a 99 chain vest or a thane, total waste.

Shadster

Fledgling Freddie
I got 4 mp lw imo go mp the higher the quality the higher the dmg output and out there that little bit more does help :drink:

Jarlaxl

Fledgling Freddie
Prudil said:
Not that much, MP LW's are only a "collectors item", since the lower qual ones still give the same imbue/stats. Only reason to get an MP (this is not confirmed, only a rumor) is that the qua on LW decide the proc rate on the weapons.

My 2 cents.

Hmm u mean u get MP crafted weaps only for imbue points then?If u could make a template with 94% weap u would?
Cause 96% weap says 15.8 effective DPS at rr6 for me but MP says 16.5 :l

Maxgirth

Fledgling Freddie
Thx for the input guys, was kinda wondering if there was more benefit, having an mp, than the extra 1% damage etc over a 99%.

Prudil

One of Freddy's beloved
Jarlaxl said:
Hmm u mean u get MP crafted weaps only for imbue points then?If u could make a template with 94% weap u would?
Cause 96% weap says 15.8 effective DPS at rr6 for me but MP says 16.5 :l
Primarily yes, qua gives you more imbue. 99% items were good enough pre-ToA, no? There is a slight difference in dps yes I agree, but it aint all that since a normal-qua LW goes for 3-5P and a MP is ~30P++ (wich I have seen on CMs). Crafters can do quests that will force the outcome to be 96%++, so in worst case ur stuck with a 96% qua weapon.

So with a 96% weap, it has 4% ((15,8/16,5)*100) less dps then a MP. Doubt thats noticable on the final blow in a fight. Sure its a little difference, but it aint all that ;)

Maxgirth

Fledgling Freddie
Prudil said:
Crafters can do quests that will force the outcome to be 96%++, so in worst case ur stuck with a 96% qua weapon.
Unless i`ve been doing the wrong quest, I thought the minimum was 95%?

Buliwyf

Fledgling Freddie
It's only 1% tools.. so you did the right quest :) The 800 crafter quest tools just have more charges.

Side note.. Higher qualiti on weapons will make you "miss target" rate lower ?

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Hit rate and dmg it affect AFAIK.

I got a MP leg heat sword if anyone is interested :)

Buliwyf

Fledgling Freddie
Correction of my prior post... Prudil is right.
The 800 tradeskill quest does give a 2% qualiti tool with 8 charges.

My bad :)

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Imo MP item compared to lower quality weapon have tendency to have more durability. Thus when u use the crafted weapon in combat, you will lose the condition of it due time. So one needs to fix it by using smith's services (or if you are a WCer, then do the fixing by yourself).

Fixing of the item starts to decrease the durability of the item at some point of time. If you have a MP item, then the durability starts to decrease much later compared to non-MP item.

So in that sense, yes the MP item can be worth effort to obtain - and not in the damage output sense alone.

Maxgirth

Fledgling Freddie
Just made my 1st mp lw ( cold damage rapier ),stuck it on a cm for 15plat.
Have been doing very well selling 99% heat damage weapons for 5 plat, overall I would say i`ve made more cash selling lw`s, than i`ve ever made selling normal weapons, depending on the cost of the drops ofc.
As like any other wc`ers I don`t charge to make lw`s if they have the components,in times of boredom I trawl round housing, and if the prices are right i`ll buy and make.
Remembering the times i`ve sat and made a 100+ retry mp shield for a meagre 2gold per retry profit, i`d deffo say things are better nowadays, but some would disagree.
Just my 2 cents ;)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Imo MP item compared to lower quality weapon have tendency to have more durability.
afaik.... 100% qual items have 200% durability, 99% have 150%, 98% 130... or something along those lines :p

soze

I am a FH squatter
Im deffo taking a share if the MP sells Max ;)

Kahland

One of Freddy's beloved
I would say its worth twice the price as a 99%, its not much better, but its still MP which results in higher dmg/hit rate. So if a 99% would be worth 5p, i wouldnt mind paying 10p as a buyer, though the cost for making a MP wouldnt be low ;P

Bubble

Can't get enough of FH
Could probley get 10plat for a MP LW, Lots of people will use them for RvR in NF (infs use them now etc) and next patch they will be used even more (+28 dex/str for the win)

Maxgirth

Fledgling Freddie
Kahland said:
I would say its worth twice the price as a 99%, its not much better, but its still MP which results in higher dmg/hit rate. So if a 99% would be worth 5p, i wouldnt mind paying 10p as a buyer, though the cost for making a MP wouldnt be low ;P
Price for a random lw is scarey enough:-
x3 tinctures 240 gold
x3 gems 120 gold
40 arcanium just over 200 gold
lev 51 weapon 200 + depending on weapon
plus the toa drop, call this on average 500 gold.

So a random lw costs around 1260,merchant will give you 347 ish iirc (can`t remember exact price) so a retry price of 913gold going for an mp.I`m not sure how the +% to crafting tools affect the chance of an mp, going by the old system they where 2% (apparently). Using this system it would be 913 x 50, or as many crafters would charge for a fixed price mp, x15 base material cost = 15 x 1260.
Not really sure how toa has changed crafting etc etc, but whilst skilling up, i`d say i`ve made around 50-60 lw`s, with only 1 mp, so i`d say the odds haven`t changed that much.
All prices are based on what peeps charge on their cm`s,and I may be wrong about certain aspects of dinging an mp lw, but this is how I see it atm.
:cheers:

Maxgirth

Fledgling Freddie
Bubble said:
Could probley get 10plat for a MP LW, Lots of people will use them for RvR in NF (infs use them now etc) and next patch they will be used even more (+28 dex/str for the win)

In a template where needed they`re priceless,(for those who cba with toa) or for the more advanced player who knows their targets weaknesses, and cba to change weapons, a very handy item to have.
But seems strange to me, that a weapon that bears the hallmark *legendary* seems to bear no real significance (if so everyone would be gagging for an mp) at all.
One things for sure though, they proc like buggery in pve :) , and 99`s do sell rather well :).

Jenkz

Fledgling Freddie
Maxgirth said:
that a weapon that bears the hallmark *legendary* seems to bear no real significance at all.
I am guessing the title "legendary weapon" comes from the fact it requires a near "old cap" legendary crafter to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom