MP Demo Patch

S

Summo

Good stuff! Particularly the refresh rate thing.

Cheers, Ulti.

U

Ukle

A first?

Is this a first though? A patch for a Demo, rather than a new demo? Bit necessary though with the game now looking to be 3 weeks+ away they need to keep the masses enthralled and happy.

Is a bit shocking that it is already the second biggest FPS played online at the moment, a prelude for a very big game. Can see a lot of newbies being brought in to online gaming due to BF1942 which is only a good thing...

S

Scooba Da Bass

Yeah, more meat for my super accurate Bar hehe

S

Scooba Da Bass

heh, to be fair, you did own me by shooting down my plane with an artillery placement.

S

Summo

That was the shot of my life. :)

But it doesn't balance the innumerable kills at the hands of Scooba the Hun and his BAR of Un-Godly Aim. :(

U

-Ultimate

I hope they can sort the sniper rifle out for the proper game though cos its damn awful as it is now. Also i must say the mg position on tanks and armour vehicles is a damn vulnerable place to be. I know your stuck out a bit but tbh its safer to walk besides the vehicle than actually go in that position.

Apart from that this games gonna be big and i'm damn addicted already. I think they have the mix between fragging and team play just right, its not too much in either way.

:D

S

Summo

In the custom controls it mentions using Page Up/Down to raise and lower the hatch (not just the landing craft ramp).

Maybe the ability to duck into your tank will be a feature in the full game. Maybe it was supposed to work in the demo.

Maybe.

Hmm...

U

-Ultimate

Ah i didn't see that, doh, that would be sorta handy for tank on tank battles (and when scooba kamakazis and tries to flick the bastige jeep onto your head)

U

[UKLans]Khan

YAY, the fans have their own way!!

Ta

Khan

X

xane

I feel they should have made tanks with two positions; one for driver and one for gunner, to make them a bit more difficult to use single-player and encourage multi-player use, the top MG position (basically the tank commander) could be a third position.

Maybe not on the Wake map, but I can see other maps becoming a "quake in a tank" menatlity if they are too easy to control single handedly.

And does anyone feel the BAR is a better weapon, I certainly get way more kills with it, especially at a distance.

D

Davross

Can't hit shit with the BAR but I've seen a lot who do. For those of you who've seen me on the server, I find I'm far more dangerous with the medic gun - especially with the added bonus of the heal kit.

But in a 1 on 1 with a BAR user, Im usually dead against someone half competant - the BAR outdamages the MP18 or Thompson by a lot at close quaters.

F

Furr

I feel the BAR is pretty much good as it is , like i can hit fuck all at distances + 30 metres but in close quarters i mow down any japenese that move. Except when those damn snipers shoot you in the back...

S

Summo

From my point of view the BAR is the only weapon worth having. The rifles are utterly useless unless your target is stationery and unaware that you're there. The Thompson and MP40 are easily beaten in close combat by the BAR, which is also highly effective at range, somehow.

U

-Ultimate

I don't mind the primary American assault weapon or the Jap one, seem to be both fine to me. Don't often d a lot of medic work or engineering, although the engineer can come in extremly handy if its used properly and i think will become really impotant in clan games. Do a lot of anti tanking and assault, never touch the sniper, can't hit anything with it.

X

xane

The engineer really needs grenades, for that tank hovering around the base buildings, unless I can master the art of lobbing dynamite charges on top of the things.

As for the Rifle, I've had quite a few kills and it seems a bit more powerful for one-shots, the crosshairs are more accurate but close range fighting is hampered by the slow reload time.

S

Scooba Da Bass

The Bar is superior to every weapon in the game, you can snipe with it, and close up wave it around the head area and you've got a very quick kill, the secret isn't to hold the trigger, but to squeeze off rounds. Over long distances (which I am pretty good at even if I do say so myself) I let off 1/2 bullets at a time, always reaiming at the head after every shot and allowing a lead time if the target is moving.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom