MP Crafting

GV-Miera

Fledgling Freddie
lately i need an insane amount of retries for mp stuff...
150+ retries for mp gloves (cloth)
200+ retries for mp boots (leather)
150+ retries for mp leggings (leather) (still working on em...)

shouldn't it be 1/50 chances to get an MP item or has this been changed?
anyone else having the same prob as me ?

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
well, I stopped a while ago, but before I stopped aye... 300+ retries to get an mp chain item... took me a workweek (8h/day crafting for 5 days) to get an order done of 5 mp chain level 51 items... :/

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
Funny, when I tried to get some ac skill lvls two days back I got 3 mps and I crafted maybe 25-35 armor pieces. ACer's armorcraft rank was 1001, and I made yellow con leather sleeves (arcanium... something) armor piece.

I'd say you just have bad luck..

Granville

Fledgling Freddie
when i did my chain it was all around 100 tries per item

when i did some studded recently it averaged out at about 25 retries over 9 items.

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
even tho i have a lgm tailori i buy my MP items in houseing :O

fenrisan

One of Freddy's beloved
The chance of an MP is random so sometimes it will take less than 50 retries sometimes it will take a whole lot more, unfortunately your figures just go to show that the mechanics are working as intended :eek7:

Unfortunately not many people post to say "wow I got 3 mps in 3 attempts" because those people stop and go down the pub

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
fenrisan said:
The chance of an MP is random so sometimes it will take less than 50 retries sometimes it will take a whole lot more, unfortunately your figures just go to show that the mechanics are working as intended :eek7:

Unfortunately not many people post to say "wow I got 3 mps in 3 attempts" because those people stop and go down the pub

rofl yeah it was weird :)

Brite

Banned
i think the best tatic is not to craft and find some mug to do it for you :p

hi fen!

Cmos

Fledgling Freddie
Stopped crafting myself due to the insane amounts of retries.
Telling peps to go find it in housing coz in the end its cheaper for them that way.
A few patches ago you could actually count on making MP´s within 50 retries, theese days i cannot seem to get any type of MP within 100 retries, and thats with crafting tool on top of it.
LGM WC retired :(
LGM AC retired :(
LGM Tailor retired :(

atos

Fledgling Freddie
No point in mps, 99% rock.

only drop like few percent of resists and like 50 hits and there you are. Thats what I did, probably saved me like 18-20plats.

MagnarTBL

Fledgling Freddie
I can only agree. It seemed easier to get MPs in earlier patches.

It is possibly not true, - I might just be unlucky like on everything, because I do have about 60-70mod in both Eriny and Jacina raids :) ...

But lately when I've tried to do MPs (whether it is WC, AC, Tailoring or even accidential MPs on SC,Alc), I've used in average atleast 100 tries to get it.

It is just so annoying when you hit the 150+ tries marker for making that chain sleeves/leggings ... and the buyer is kinda screaming about the costs. The problems with crafter quest tools is that they only have like 10 charges. And you really can't run about after every 10th try to get another craft tool... It works on lgm weapon crafting, as it usually doesn't involve more than 3-10 tries (as the buyer usually ain't that rich that he has components for more tries)... But in AC/tailoring the craft tools are more or less pointless in my opinion.

Give us 50 charges, and it might give a different and worth doing the quest.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
the quality increase quest item doesnt affect MP rate, just ups other ones.

If an item is grey to you or you are 1001+ skill you have 2% chance

MagnarTBL

Fledgling Freddie
Hmmm... I thought the crafter quest tools actually added +2 quality by default, making the gap to 100% tighter and easier to reach.

If what you are saying is correct, then there is basicly no point at all of having crafter tools on a Armor or tailor crafter. As it is MP that counts...

Only way the crafter tools would be useful then is for increase the quality on LGM weapons, as many buyers still are quite happy if the LGM weapon quality turns out to be 98% or 99%.
:drink:

Ixoth

One of Freddy's beloved
MagnarTBL said:
Hmmm... I thought the crafter quest tools actually added +2 quality by default, making the gap to 100% tighter and easier to reach.

If what you are saying is correct, then there is basicly no point at all of having crafter tools on a Armor or tailor crafter. As it is MP that counts...

Only way the crafter tools would be useful then is for increase the quality on LGM weapons, as many buyers still are quite happy if the LGM weapon quality turns out to be 98% or 99%.
:drink:

Well requiel said that etching tool does improve crafting quality on all craftable items.

Melachi

Fledgling Freddie
You guys might be right, but the info im getting from other places (Yes vnboards is one :p ) is that the quality increase tool doesnt affect MP rate, just anything below.

I.e. something you crafted that would have been 95% ends up being 97%

but something you crafted that would have been 98% ends up being caped at 99%

and something you crafted that would have been 99% ends up staying at 99%.

I could be wrong tho, and its nearly impossible to prove either theory due to RNG :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom