Movies that changed your outlook

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
1:Risky business
Turned me for a short time into self obsessed money grabber.
2:Close encounters
The movies style was so new, it stirred my creative juices.
3:AI
Made me ponder death and eternity on a daily basis.
4:Aliens
For a year afterwards every time I got drunk I would trip off on
space fighting fantasies.
5:Trainspotting
Made me realise it's not what you've got, but how you feel
about what you've got.
6:point break
I booked a parachute drop the next week.

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Tbh, I've never watched movies that changed my Outlook and well, the standard skin is okay already. Nowadays I'm using Mail anyway ;)

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Tbh, I've never watched movies that changed my Outlook and well, the standard skin is okay already. Nowadays I'm using Mail anyway ;)

Har har :D

No movie really changes how i look at things, some films just fit better.

Though as a kid, after watching aliens, i did find the underside of my bed a nice safe place :p

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Been working in the replicant hunting dept of the LAPD for over ten years now :m00:

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
Knocked up changed my life.

Lets just say i dont scratch my ass and my eye with the same finger anymore

Ezteq

Queen of OT
ha usually I don't have anything that I think wow that really changed my perspective but 'Yes man' actually did lol, of all the things, Jim fucking Carrey rofl!!

When I moved into HQ I just thought ah screw it lol if the opportunity comes along to do something I shall not be timid little 'oh no I couldn't possibly do that!' any more, which is how I was, I just refused everything.

The results have been pretty great, in the last 6 months I have done more, made more friends, had more fun...drunk more of, well everything tbh but less said about that the better, than I have in years and whenever I watch that movie I can so relate to how he was at the beginning it is a little creepy.

...also Jaws, I've no intention of ever going in the sea ever again as a result of that one.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
The Matrix came about at a good time for me.
A socially inept computer nerd turns into a flying ninja Jesus, it was brilliant.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
The Crow
Made me think that I shouldn't leave things unsaid or undone, tomorrow might be too late.
"Little things, used to mean so much to Shelly. I used to think they were kind of trivial... believe me, nothing is trivial."
=======================

Minority Report
Made me think a lot on free will versus predestination. It also scared the crap out of me how a full surveillance society would work on a day-to-day basis.
John Anderton: Why'd you catch that?
Danny Witwer: Because it was going to fall.
John Anderton: You're certain?
Danny Witwer: Yeah.
John Anderton: But it didn't fall. You caught it. The fact that you prevented it from happening doesnt change the fact that it was *going* to happen.
=======================

Sunshine
There are so many things I like about this film (casting, visual effects, soundtrack etc.) but it's also because I was thinking about this film on a daily basis almost a month later. How would 8 people cope knowing that the entire future of all humanity depends on their mission succeeding? The final scene also lends itself to many interpretations.
The bomb starts a Big Bang in miniature, and Capa is stood in the middle of it as the Sun breaks through the wall. Time slows down and he can reach out to literally touch the surface of the Sun. That's almost god-like.
Capa: What are you asking? That we weigh the life of one man versus the future of all mankind? [pause] Kill him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom