[movies]all of them..

not_vintervargen

Fledgling Freddie
here are all(almost) my movies ive made in daoc. maybe someone will find some of them fun to watch. all of them are post-ToA.

the ones ending in .mkv are encoded with a special HD codec, to view them you need ffdshow and matroskasplitter installed if you use media player classic as player. alternatively it might work without the above codecs if you instead use VLC media player
_

rr.avalon.reavertest.720p.x264.mkv

reaver pov movie from one night when random roleplayers had rolled on avalon, we only got to ~rr6 but it was still fun even if we didnt play very good :].

small testmovie from Random Roleplayers =) - daoc-guide.de
_

rr.avalon.theurgtest.720p.x264.mkv

same group as above, theurgist pov, the first and only(;p) time i played that class. no uber play from me, but the fights are still ok.
_

rr.glastonbury.720p.x264.mkv

random roleplayers on glastonbury(classic) at the very start. Doom was my savage but my ISP gave me some _serious_ melee-lag (same as in the reaver-movie), so i played aughealer instead.
_

vintervargen.druid.avi

druidpov from a few nights when i played with dem hibbies on excalibur. i hadnt played it for a long time so im pretty rusty; but the fights are still good.

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/rvr-discussions38/59143-vintervargen-liddul-rvr-movie.html
_

vinterz.bonedancer.avi

solo bonedancer on camlann (it sounds bad but its a pretty fun movie). recorded in 2 evenings from the first week i played after the char was templated.

[15:57] <TiwazBot> Name: Vinterz <Horde> Race: Kobold Class: Bonedancer Level: 50 RP: 670,392 (RR5L3) Last Week: 603,765

that was before all the rp boosts and such.

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/rvr-discussions38/54048-meh-camlann-bd-movie.html
_

vvv.1.5.720p.x264.mkv

vvv 1.5 with ventchat. aughealer pov from Xnysgarquechtsa group.

RvR Gruppe - Vvv 1.5 (now with ventchat). - daoc-guide.de
_

vvv.1.6.720p.x264.mkv

vvv 1.6 with ventchat.

RvR Gruppe - Vvv 1.6 - daoc-guide.de
_

vvv.aughealer.avi

first movie with vvv-pov. some fights before i first learned to use qbinds(after only 4 years!).

RvR Gruppe - Vvv <xnysgarqueachtsa> - daoc-guide.de
_

vvv.ellias.and.trondo.avi

more aughealer footage. this time versus an ellias-pug and a trondo-pug. with music.
_

xuril.ranger.avi

my first movie, ranger pov. realmrank 4 with pierceweapons (gimped), but with pre-nerf FZ :].

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/rvr-discussions38/42368-ranger-movie.html
_

about music in the movies, look for playlists in the forumthreads. if theres any special song you really want and cant find, pm me on irc and ill try to help..

kivik

Part of the furniture
Heh was thinking about the ranger movie the other day, loved it. Will be fun to see it again :)

Aiteal

Can't get enough of FH
Heh was thinking about the ranger movie the other day, loved it. Will be fun to see it again :)

aye
loved that vid
and lost it when I built my new PC

it was the casta trident and the FZ into the gobo pincers one yeah?

Flintlock

Banned
Downloading all 10 vids at the same time and my comp is converting others too - something gonna blow!!!!

Danord_durin

Fledgling Freddie
fucking hell 600 kb/s wtf is up with slowfront today:)

And i really enjoyed ur vamp vid most of all. Really like the way u work all the nice abilities it has, so much more fun than the usual claw spam.

not_vintervargen

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm, what ever happend to ur rr9 celt ranger Vintervargen Oo? Remb duoing with you in odins alot during SI times. Deleted it or?

Alderian was rr8, i played that account from when he had just dinged rr6. but since GOA are blessed with extraordinare intelligence they decided to suddenly to make a change to to password-system: without warning an accounts sub pw was changed as well when you did the normal change login-pw routine.. the previous owner knew that before i did, and ka-poof, gone with ze wind.

Shotoken

Fledgling Freddie
Always top quality and very well played videos so dl'ing the ones i didnt have :)

MegaMaejter

Banned
Alderian was rr8, i played that account from when he had just dinged rr6. but since GOA are blessed with extraordinare intelligence they decided to suddenly to make a change to to password-system: without warning an accounts sub pw was changed as well when you did the normal change login-pw routine.. the previous owner knew that before i did, and ka-poof, gone with ze wind.

Ah Alderian it was xD..

Sucked the psw thingie, was fun duoing with u, remb making like 120k rps 1 day with u in odins, ninja style! :ninja:

kivik

Part of the furniture
haha last chapter in the ranger movie is just class :)

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Hi

Well the first vid is up:

Bluesplayer DAoC Player Videos - Vintervargen Druid

And I've managed to convert all the vids to DivX format so it is just a matter of uploading them now. Hopefully they won't fail on upload and should all be on the site by tomorrow sometime :).

Regards
Bluesplayer

I actually really like these divx streams, almost same quality as the actual vid without having to actually download the files. Thanks!

Feel free to download + convert + upload the videos from my sig (quite a bunch, 15ish) if you are looking to fill up the site some more.

Flintlock

Banned
I actually really like these divx streams, almost same quality as the actual vid without having to actually download the files. Thanks!

Feel free to download + convert + upload the videos from my sig (quite a bunch, 15ish) if you are looking to fill up the site some more.

Sure. Will start downloading them as soon as I am able. Computer (s) are all working flat out at the moment. Still, expect them to be on in the next few days.

Edit: Just noticed there are a few already on the site!
Bluesplayer DAoC Player Videos - veij march1 c

Regards
Bluesplayer

MaditioN

Can't get enough of FH

yer feel the same, give more vids!

censi

Can't get enough of FH
I love your vids they are some of the best things I have seen from daoc... always funky music and nice fights. a real element of quality and pretty much consistently flawless play.

Flintlock

Banned
Slowly getting these vids up - and Vodkafairy's. Installed some forums now - just for videos - so if you want to leave more details about these films you can. Post whatever and I can redo the video details.

By the way Vintergargen the file format with the extension .mkv? Not come across that before. Anyways I have managed to convert to divx and reduce the file size a great deal without any loss of quality. For instance your Theurgist vid was a 274 Mb download. Converts to just 71 Mb divx using Stoik converter. Makes you think. Files of that size I can easily host myself. To really drum compression home I downloaded a WoW vid today - 670 Mb WMV - which converted to just 149 Mb DivX.

Anyways am getting the vids up. Just going to put on Xnysgarqueachtsa-c for Vodkafairy :).

Regards
Bluesplayer

illu

Part of the furniture
Downloaded the ranger and the bonedancer vids and they were very enjoyable :)

Oli - Illu

Joor

Can't get enough of FH
By the way Vintergargen the file format with the extension .mkv? Not come across that before.

Regards
Bluesplayer
Matroska(.mkv) is an open standards project.
Matroska is designed with the future in mind. It incorporates features you would expect from a modern container format, like:

* Fast seeking in the file
* High error recovery
* Chapter entries
* Selectable subtitle streams
* Selectable audio streams
* Modularly Extendable
* Streamable over internet (HTTP and RTP audio & video streams)
* Menus (like DVDs have)

..what exactly are the advantages of matroska compared to good old AVI ?

"The AVI container was originally introduced by Microsoft in the early 90s, and was designed as a very flexible A/V container format for the video and audio compression formats of those days. It is necessary to understand that AVI is only one ( but important ) part of a complete multimedia framework called 'Video For Windows' ( VfW ), offering programmers not only a container but also a complete set of API commands to be able to program their own video and audio codecs, using either the VfW or the ACM interface ( this was back from the days when Microsoft was still dedicated to sell their operating systems to people, instead of multimedia solutions as they are trying to do today with WMV, so they had to make their OS attractive to other programmers ).
Very unfortunately this VfW framework cannot support many of the more advanced features that modern audio and video compression formats will offer, such as Variable Bitrate audio encoding ( VBR ), or Variable Framerate video encoding ( VFR ). Although AVI was extended with an additional standard called 'Open DML AVI' in the mid/late 90s, overcoming most of its very annoying limitations like the 2 GB file size limit, there is still no proper and spec compliant way to support modern compression formats like the excellent, opensource Ogg Vorbis audio compression format.
matroska is overcoming all these limitations and can support all known audio and video compression formats by design. To make sure it will also be capable of coping with the future standards it is based on a very flexible underlying framework called EBML, allowing to add more functionalities to the container format without breaking backwards compatibility with older software and files."

Matroska Official Homepage (MKV/MKA)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
The MKV files lag like hell on my computer, dunno why.

not_vintervargen

Fledgling Freddie
The MKV files lag like hell on my computer, dunno why.

they take alot more cpu then normal .avi's because of the codec.. basically it takes more power and less fillsize, normally used to rip hddvds/bluerays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom