Moviemaking...

Goretooth

Fledgling Freddie
Greetings...

I've done quite abit of recording with fraps lately and enjoy watching it myself while riding on boat etc, but thought I'd try to make a movie out of some of it... so... starting of with "A day in thidranki" featuring my Cabalist "Thadia" on Glastonbury, then later moving on to my Nightshade Nylis on Prydwen...

Firstly... I have shitloads of this stuff and it takes up lots of space... I tried to comprimise it with Windows Moviemaker but it looks like crap... far worse than some of the movies I've been checking out... is there anyway to make it look better? ... doesn't have to be comprimised that much - if you know what I mean...

Secondly... Any of you know a program easy to use (after a few hours of practice ofc) to edit/cut the different parts... and if you have any tips for movie making besides that it would be great too (anything you like in movies like lighteffects... zooming... or other stuff)

Cheers and thanks in advance,
Nylis

Yshynsin

Fledgling Freddie
I think the best editing software for movies etc out there is Sony Vegas 6

Infanity

Can't get enough of FH
Goretooth said:
Greetings...

I've done quite abit of recording with fraps lately and enjoy watching it myself while riding on boat etc, but thought I'd try to make a movie out of some of it... so... starting of with "A day in thidranki" featuring my Cabalist "Thadia" on Glastonbury, then later moving on to my Nightshade Nylis on Prydwen...

Firstly... I have shitloads of this stuff and it takes up lots of space... I tried to comprimise it with Windows Moviemaker but it looks like crap... far worse than some of the movies I've been checking out... is there anyway to make it look better? ... doesn't have to be comprimised that much - if you know what I mean...

Secondly... Any of you know a program easy to use (after a few hours of practice ofc) to edit/cut the different parts... and if you have any tips for movie making besides that it would be great too (anything you like in movies like lighteffects... zooming... or other stuff)

Cheers and thanks in advance,
Nylis

If you are watching it on screen on windows movie maker - It looks shit but comes out alot better when actually compressed then opend with media player etc.

WiZe^

Can't get enough of FH
what comp specc should u have for a rather good quality ? :E

Goretooth

Fledgling Freddie
running resolution 1200*800 so set windows moviemaker to 16:9 for widescreen... and it looks really bad still... imo... can give you a taster perhaps... if none seems to have the same prob it might just be me who's a bit hard to satisfy ;)... dunno where I can upload it yet tho...

Ryuno

Can't get enough of FH
Windows movie maker is limited. Can't blame them for that cos they'd get a law suite if they made it too good. Anyway....

Editors:
Sony vegas (costs alot of money. i doubt many on FH have a legal copy).
Adobe Premier . is a little bit more fiddly than vegas IMO, but is really good once you have taken the time to get used to it. Again its expensive.

Compressors:
TMPGEnc. Costs money but does the job.
Digital Media Converter. I use this and its fantastic.
Vdub. A free one. used it a few times but didnt personally like it. But its free so worth a try.

Hosting:
Filefront. Totally free. Its not the quickest, but its free. Normally best time for people to download your files is during the day. evenings are normally quite slow.

Ofcourse many of the above you can get pirate copies of and/or illegally download them. Thats your choice tbh, i'm not here to tell you whats right and wrong.

Personally I use a legal copy of Premiere and the Digital Media Converter.

Anyway have fun making those vids! :D

EDIT: added hosting sites

Goretooth

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks for helping me out there Naffets + Ryuno... mega cool... will try to work on it ...

Cheers,
Nylis

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom