Movie Wishlist !!

Taen

Fledgling Freddie
Ok .. I assume there are certain books/comics/graphic novels that everyone loves that they would like to see transfered to the big screen. Now we all know that Hollywood always does a great job at f**king up comic book or book adaptions to the big screen, so my question is name a favourite book or comic that you would like to see on the big screen and name your wish list of cast/director/producer etc.

For me the Graphic novel I would most like to see is Frank Millers ' The Dark Knight Returns' .. The director would be Darren Aronofsky (i know these two were supposed to do Batman Year 1 but tbh they are my dream team )
The old batman would probably Clint Eastwood and the young girl robin would be milla jovich .. I am completely stuck on who superman would be .. I was thinking Hugh Jackman or Tom Cruise :p

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I think Spares by Michael Marshal Smith. It's a trippy Blade Runneresque futuristic sci fi action type book. I think the movie rights have been sold so it may get made at some point. Direction - hmm, Ridley Scott I think, knowing his capacity for dark sci fi. However I've not liked many of his recent films. As for the lead role, uhhh dunno. Someone dark but able to look like a mega double hard bastard. Can't really think of anyone suitable atm tbh.

Nice thread idea by the way :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
MMS's books are fantastic. 'Only forward' was excellent.

I think Espedair Street (Iain Banks) would make a great film, perhaps directed by Robert Zemekis, or Alan Parker, as for Sci-fi, its difficult, but 'Forge of God' (Greg Bear) would be a great film if done sympathetically, Peter Hyams perhaps, or Michael Mann.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom