[Movie] Meet the spartans.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
To help with the "mouse hoverers" out there, i'll quote some Edgar Allan oe:

"These trifles are collected and republished chiefly with a view to their redemption from the many improvements to which they have been subjected while going at random "the rounds of the press." I am naturally anxious that what I have written should circulate as I wrote it, if it circulate at all. In defence of my own taste, nevertheless, it is incumbent upon me to say that I think nothing in this volume of much value to the public, or very creditable to myself. Events not to be controlled have prevented me from making, at any time, any serious effort in what, under happier curcumstances, would have been not a purpose, but a passion; and the passions should be held in reverence; they must not - they cannot at will be excited, with an eye to the paltry compensations, or the more paltry commendations of mankind."

Now then, meet the spartans:

It had tons of potential, especially to the first battle point, but then it just went on and on. Too many references, when the movie would've had plenty of haha moments to be twisted. It starts with a promie of many laughs, but ends up in tears really.

Good idea, nice parts, but spoiled by overusing pop references and longwinded jokes. Had potential, sadly not used. 3out of 5 nutkicks.

georgie

FH is my second home
I felt violated after watching it. I wanted the hour of my life back. :(

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Aye it was quite shit :( reminded me of Epic Movie... and that was just as bad.

Gorbachioo

Fledgling Freddie
Aye it was quite shit :( reminded me of Epic Movie... and that was just as bad.

Havent seen this one yet but epic movie sure was shitty.

Superhero Movie on the other is the funniest comedy ive seen in years. Definately recommend that one.

Laddey

FH is my second home
Yeah it was a poor film. Don't even think i watched the ending of it.

swords

Can't get enough of FH
It lacked subtlety... typical Americans! :p

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Compaired to some satirical movies (Epic Movie, Scary Movie), I thought it was pretty good. I still feel dirty for thinking that though. :(

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
You people clearly lack humour. Yeah it was too cliché at times, but the face expressions at times are priceless (well, i didn´t buy it).

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
It's shame because Scary Movie 1 was so good, then Scary Movie 2 was alright, then anythign after that (SM3 & 4, Date Movie, Epic Movie, this crap) have been awful.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
its a bit of a franchise isnt it. i cant really say those movies appeal to me but scarey movie was on telly a little while ago and i thought it was pretty funny, i can see how a whole string of them would get tired pretty quickly though.

however, i refuse to watch any movie that mocks my beloved 300, imo its sacrialige!!

(that last word may or may not have been spelt correctly...my glass eye just popped out and im too tired to pick it up)

georgie

FH is my second home
Blimey... Really?

I didn't think much of Super Bad either. But worse than Spartans???

Ezteq

Queen of OT
aw man superbad rocked lol

there were bits in it that made me cringe (well one bit) i hate it when a funny movie goes all sentimental (bleh) but on the whole it was great, the cops and McLovin rocked!

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
Worst film I've seen this year I can't actually remember laughing at all. I gave up when they started the stupid fight scenes. Which, were a mickey take of the equally bad drum film I can't be bothered to remember or look up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom