movie codecs

Big Ugly

Fledgling Freddie
got a problem since a couple of days when trying to view some daoc movies

i downloaded 1 that was said to be xvid codec...i couldn;t view it so searched for and installed xvid codec .Then i could only see green screen or partly green, partly fuzzy movie. some vids i got now won't play at all anymore

tried reinstalling most codecs i could find, inc divx and xvid....but to no avail

anybody got a suggestion? :cheers:

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
try installing an ffdshow codec aswell, that might do the trix

Roteca

Can't get enough of FH
the green thingy sounds like you have a old ver of xvid codec, or just wrong settings on it. Nimo codec pack's Xvid is a bad xvid that often gets the green thingy, a bad codec pack what so ever...

Tsunami Filter Pack 3.9.3 (All that need to add when you choose custom setup is [Xvid] and [Cinepak codecs] rest leave by default.)

DivX51Bundle (just install the codec, and not the player.)

works very well for me, havent found a movie that i havent been able to play i think, not what i rmbr atm atleast.

for player i either use WMP9 or powerdvd4. short movies and clips on wm, and longer ones on powerdvd, dunno why, just a old habbit since i used to have the comp connected to tv. and didnt like that if my cats ran over desktop the "edged" came back on wm player.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom