Movement

G

Gabrial

Maybe Im missing something but does it take ages to run around the place?

I've seen people on mounts and Im guessing that they are tamers do one degree or another. Is it a case of either running or using a mount or is there another way of travelling in the wilderness?

N

Nightchill

Shuttles are the fastest way of travelling around the planet but in the wilderness, mounts currently rule. There's two types of mounts, CH and non-CH. Anyone can use something like a kaadu, you don't need to be a CH.

Soon it'll be vehicles though :) The slowest vehicle is faster than the fastest mount.

G

Gabrial

OK - next obvious questions:

Where do I get a mount (non CH)
How much do they cost (generally)
Can they come with me on shuttles (planetary and inter-planetary)?

Oh, and while Im here...

If a template for an item says it needs 'metal', can I use any 'metal' from the list available to me from my survey tool?

M

Mophead

To get a mount you'll have to ask a creature handler for one - I believe they have to have a particular skill at rank 4 to be able to create mounts (you can look it up on the skill trees) so not all will be able to create you one.

As with anything prices will vary from server to server and person to person. On Chimera I'd expect to pay about 20k or so.

Mounts get stored like any other pet in your datapad. When you want to use the mount you call it from your datapad (you must be in a town, a campsite or your declared residence) get on and run off. When you've finished riding around you store the pet ready for next time.

As for crafting, anything found under an appropriate heading (even if its under further subheadings) will be an acceptable resource. For example Aluminium is found under Mineral > Metal > Non-Ferrous Metal (I think). This would mean that aluminium could be used as a resource for anything that required a Mineral, a Metal or a Non-Ferrous Metal.

G

Gabrial

Ah ok thanks loads mophead - might have another go at surveying and crafting later then!

Vehicles would be nice...

N

Nightchill

You can probably buy a baby kaadu for about 1k, a lot of bio engineers will sell them as they skill up on them. Maybe ask on the Chimaera forums?

Once you have one, just wait til it's grown to level 7 or so then ask a CH to turn it into a mount. The CH will usually charge 3-5k creds for this.

So takes longer but ends up a much cheaper way of obtaining a mount.

M

Mophead

Whoo! They're starting to filter out the vehicle patch! Swoop racing is imminent :D

A

azvero

on any usa server you can get ready to use non ch mount for like 5k or something.. on euro servers the price will be maybe 3 -4 times higher :p like almost everything is :)

(just had to buy a baby sludge panter for 30k!!)

A

-adz-

hmm praps i should sell my 8 grauls/graulers off :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom