movement speed bug

L

lairiodd

Hi,
I was wondering if anyone else had a bug where their movement rate was reduced to 98 or 99 % of normal ... only slightly below so its not noticeable, but if you stick to the bard you slowly go out of song range ... seems the only way to fix it is to relog right to desktop ... reloging to the char selection screen isnt enough.

I am not encumbered ... was 45/140
I tried dropping and picking up something no change, its wierd and I seem to be the only person suffering from this problem ... it doesnt happen often, but I was wondering if its a known bug

O

old.Emma

your not the only person m8 has happened to me before.. but the otherway round.. i seem to run faster than some peeps :/ but i do know that Laga (mid) suffers the same problem she often has to catch up with the group cos she looses speed all the time :(

Y

-yoda-

Lag!! thats the answer you got less FPS than others .
i get it all the time . especially if running up a hill group flys off and im left miles behind.

S

slapmesilly..

yup,had it too, I got small lagbursts of 0.1 seconds every 4-5 seconds, after like 2 minutes I was out of skald range..
I didn't notice it myself, and it only happened to me in Raumarik for some strange reason, every time I enter that zone I get it.

O

old.Emma

yeah but for me i move faster :p its not lag.. connection is crystal clean :p and fps are perfect :D

T

Tealeaf

In most cases, differences in travel speed are caused by client side 'lag' - usually because your graphics card is not as fast as the other players' cards (in the case where you are slower).

Out of interest, what sort of graphics card do you have?

O

old.Arnor

I think the problem here is with the way Mythic implemented songs/chants. Thing is that the song/chant effect is restarted every 6 secs, and now since each "round" is like 5secs you miss a pulse once in a while

read something about this on the vnboards sometime

R

Rawkir

Originally posted by old.Emma
yeah but for me i move faster :p its not lag.. connection is crystal clean :p and fps are perfect :D

You need to stop playing before someone reports you. I had the same problem, reported to RightNow twice and got ignored, then someone came and complained on the forums about me running fast, i couldn't work out how to fix it, in the end i got a new motherboard, but not before GOA permanently terminated my account with no prior warning.

How fast exactly do you run? (I was running faster than a horse :p )

R

Rawkir

And in answer to the original Question:

If you are playing on anything below a 600mhz you tend to get a crappy fps and will 'lag', you'll run slower than peeps with speed or no..
If ure specs are fine for playing daoc then you probably are having the same problem that MANY people get when running up hills, which for some reason slows them down, still haven't seen a way to fix this as yet...

S

SilverHood

i run faster than peeps....

running faster than the skald of the group always makes me laugh

R

Rawkir

As i said, fix it, i wasn't just banned for a few days, my account was completely terminated for this bug, so be very careful.

S

SilverHood

banned for what? "using this bug"?

you can't control it..... so how can they ban you?

U

Uncle Sick(tm)

Originally posted by Rawkir

You need to stop playing before someone reports you. I had the same problem, reported to RightNow twice and got ignored, then someone came and complained on the forums about me running fast, i couldn't work out how to fix it, in the end i got a new motherboard, but not before GOA permanently terminated my account with no prior warning.

They terminated your account because of that? It's not like you changed the code of the game or something...

Somebody pass out some brains and common sense at GOA...
The Brannor ban... terminating somebody's account for no proper reason... seems some wannabe Machiavelli is the new head of CS, eh? :flame:

Whoever makes up the oh-so-just policies at GOA HQ, get a fucking grip already.

O

old.Biffsmash

Its quite obvious why they would ban you, because as far as they are concerned its a bug that you know about (you know you are running faster than others) and do nothing about (you haven't done anything about it yet).

A simple sorry guv I didnt know, or no sir I have only just started having the bug wont do. How many criminals when caught say they werent guilty? ;)

Sorry, if you know something aint right, you do nothing about it, and you get banned for it.. tough luck imo :rolleyes:

D

Dook_Pug

Originally posted by old.Biffsmash
Its quite obvious why they would ban you, because as far as they are concerned its a bug that you know about (you know you are running faster than others) and do nothing about (you haven't done anything about it yet).

A simple sorry guv I didnt know, or no sir I have only just started having the bug wont do. How many criminals when caught say they werent guilty? ;)

Sorry, if you know something aint right, you do nothing about it, and you get banned for it.. tough luck imo :rolleyes:

LOL....

I'd love to hear one of your suggestions on how to stop people from running faster than the players around him...

What's he gonna do? Stop every few seconds so they catch up?

O

old.tRoG

Originally posted by Rawkir

thats sucks.

but if you look at it from GOA's perspective you can see that they don't know you are telling the truth, if you say you dont know why you are running fast.

And since this little 'bug' has had so little documentation, they would have gone with you lying.

O

old.Emma

Originally posted by Delket

See this is why, you forgot your a minstrel :rolleyes:
]

doh forgot about that :/

no but seriously when i say run faster.. its not a huge difference..run if i run from gna faste to spindel.. if i go in a straight line with a skald i normally end up about 1 troll`s horse length infront of the skald.. so at short distances its not noticable but over a long distance it adds up alot.. same with stealth as well.. i seem to move slightly faster than some other people ever though our stealth is both @ 50... weird i tell ya.. kinda freaky :/

as for GoA banning people for not reporting the bug or trying to fix it.. what they want me to do.. downgrade my machine so i can stay at the right speed... no thanks game already run`s like a PoS.. and thats on a 1.5gig AMD with GF3 ti 500 graphics card..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom