Mouse lock ups..

O

old.mattshanes

I got windows xp home edition as my OS, but i keep getting mouse lock ups, it pauses now and again like i have pulled it out of the usb port then plugged back in, it can be damn annoying, i am using microsoft intellimouse and drivers for it.Can't understand why it's doing this, has anyone had this problem and know how to fix it?

Please help :/

O

old.Kerosene

I'd say conflict of some variety. Do you have any other USB devices connected? To be sure I'd think about plugging in a normal serial mouse and see how that goes. At least you'll know whether it's the USB port.

The other option is the mouse could simply be gunked up with crap inside. When that happens to my mouse I can still usually move the mouse vaguely ok but it deteriorates. That's a case of whipping out the mouse ball and getting a pair of the missus's tweezers and picking all the shit off the rollers. If it's in a really bad state you can pretty safely whip the whole thing apart and take out the rollers and give 'em a jolly good seeing to.

Hope this helps.

O

old.mattshanes

Yeah i have a modem connected to a USB port and also the mouse is too, perhaps i should just go back to a standard mouse instead of this laser one :/

Users who are viewing this thread